PDA

View Full Version : I gotta show some love to Yelawolf

Mr. R&B
02-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I copped Trunk Muzik on the strength of people on this forum saying he's nice.

And as it turns out, they weren't wrong....

I can forsee a bright future for Yela, if Eminem can market him correctly.

This guy's skillset is bonkers, he can definitely crossover if his album is helmed correctly.

The positives:

*This dude's flow is impeccable, he can switch up effortlessly.

*His vocab is on point, he can get super-technical if he wanted to.

*His ear for beats is top notch, dude had crazy bangers on this joint.

*There are definite storytelling skills in this kid's style, he proved it on "Billy Crystal" & "Love Is Not Enough".

He stuck to the theme of the album beautifully, he should continue this trend.

*He can easily crossover without the mainstream tracks sounding contrived or unnatural.

What would you like to hear from Yela's Sahdy debut?

I've got my own ideas, but I'll save 'em for later...

cap
02-05-2011, 10:48 PM
yeah i recently got into dudes stuff, i was actually surprised by how dope he was!! marijuana is one of the dopest tracks i heard in a long time!!

JakobR
02-06-2011, 05:42 AM
What I like about him the most is that he is something totally different. I don't feel most of the tracks he has out but those I like are fucking insane (especially Pop the trunk). He said some weeks ago that the the tracks on his mixtapes arent his best tracks so I'm really hopeful of a brilliant album from him :) He is known to be a rock music fan so I guess his sound will be a mixture of Outkast and punk rock music - if that's even possible haha.

His upcoming album is going to be called "Radioactive".

Frank Sobotka
02-06-2011, 06:23 AM
^You don't see the tech n9ne influence?

JakobR
02-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I only said Outkast because he is an outkast fan and has a similar flow + he has already collaborated with Big boi. He said he wants to make a great mainstream album that can take it to the stadium level instead of staying underground so I guess there's a chance he will go down the outkast path which is not a bad thing. He has also toured with B.o.b who clearly is inspired by them.

Mr. R&B
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
^You don't see the tech n9ne influence?

I most certainly can, that's something that was very apparent while I was listening to the album/mixtape.

I know Wikipedia isn't really a credible source, but on Yela's page it said he dropped a feature verse for Tech N9ne's next album "All 6's & 7's".

Supposedly he's on a track called "Worldwide Choppers" along with Twista & Busta Rhymes.

That makes sense in keeping with the theme of those "Choppers" tracks Tech has put out the past few years.

Frank Sobotka
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I most certainly can, that's something that was very apparent while I was listening to the album/mixtape.

I know Wikipedia isn't really a credible source, but on Yela's page it said he dropped a feature verse for Tech N9ne's next album "All 6's & 7's".

Supposedly he's on a track called "Worldwide Choppers" along with Twista & Busta Rhymes.

That makes sense in keeping with the theme of those "Choppers" tracks Tech has put out the past few years.
Can't wait even though it does seem he's going mainstream with that album.

Mcthuggin99
02-06-2011, 12:51 PM

gh-I6uo0F5c

main_man
02-06-2011, 03:30 PM
i still dont get it.
i dont find this cat to be "unique" in any way, shape or form.

i wont say dude's wack, but he really aint that impressive. slaine blows this closet case out the water as far as lyrics, flow & street credibility.

but his output has been slim, so i'll reserve complete judgement 'till an official album drops.