PDA

View Full Version : Why are most of the best rappers now white? Take Over?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Well look at all the great technical rappers who got the crazy ill word play and all that. Eminem, RA, Apathy, Qwel, Diabolic, Brother Ali, Eyedea and all of these rappers are white. Most of all the great freestyle rappers are even white. How come none of the black rappers out there got the talent of these cats? It seems like they're taking over hip hop.

I'm just saying that most of the rappers coming up now are mostly white rappers and its overshadowing the up coming black rappers. 10 years from now, hip hop might be a white scene.

Djaminha
02-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Most of the best rappers arn't white.

You can count all the classic albums done by white people in one hand maybe one finger.

RA, AP & Diabolic? Good rappers will never go down as greats.

Qwel? Who?

Eyedea - Dead

main_man
02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Most of the best rappers arn't white. (<< this is true.)

You can count all the classic albums done by white people in one hand maybe one finger. (<< this is very FALSE)

i dont think people should trip. im all for any dope mc regardless of skin tone. but hip hop should ALWAYS be respected as a black american artform, no matter who does it.

can't let the same thing happen to hip hop that happened to rock & roll.

food for thought
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
lmao @ "most of the best rappers now are white"

Charles Barry
02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen around here. Stay off that stuff.

Mr. R&B
02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Fuck that, MCs come in all shapes, sizes, colours and creeds.

An MC with a point to prove can come from any and every aspect or walk of life.

If you think otherwise, you can rot in Hell.

We all have a story to tell, it's all about whether or not an audience can connect with your subject matter.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Most of the best rappers arn't white.

You can count all the classic albums done by white people in one hand maybe one finger.

Qwel? Who?

Eyedea - Dead

This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen around here. Stay off that stuff.

We all have a story to tell, it's all about whether or not an audience can connect with your subject matter.

see emcees come in various shades and to widdle it down to just a race is idiotic and stupid let alone bullshit backwards ass thinking

the question you should be asking is what happen to content and subject matter that didn't have to do with partying oh wait we got cats for that but mainstream doesn't care so i don't care about the mainstream
fuck lil wanye, fuck bet, fuck commericial rap music

i rather bump tech n9ne (who is doing a joint with lil wanye so yeah briding the gap i see), kool keith, canibus, mf doom

Mr. R&B
02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm all for variety in my cypher, a full 360.

Why can't we show love?

And this is coming from an incredibly white guy!

Love is love (No homo).

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Look at when people talk about the greatest technical rappers or the best punchlines of all time. Most of them are white rappers.

RA Rugged Man
Eminem
Apathy
Cage
Copywrite
Celph Titled

its mostly white rappers.

I'm just saying that the hip-hop culure is probably the biggest black culture thing out there and what if the whites took over it?

shystar36
02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
incorrect

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Well look at all the great technical rappers who got the crazy ill word play and all that. Apathy, Qwel, Diabolic, Brother Ali, Eyedea .

RA Rugged Man
Apathy
Cage
Copywrite
Celph Titled

its mostly white rappers.

..oh dear

Most of all the great freestyle rappers are even white. .

haha go fuck your ignorant ass

the only white rapper to get in a freestyle top 10 would be eminem. same with battle rappers.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Iron Soloman, Immaculate, TheSaurus....

Ill Bill
Aesop Rock
Diabolic
Vinnie Paz
Slug
EL-P
MC 900 ft. Jesus
Brother Ali
Necro
Evidence....

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Supernat, Biggie, KRS, LL, Canibus, Big L, Craig G, Lord Finesse, DMX, Serious Jones, MC Juice, Mook, Cassidy, Kane, Fest.....

get outta here with your style-less wack rapper list. non of those lightweights would last a second in with guys like LL or KRS in his prime

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-07-2011, 01:22 AM
coming from the guy that thinks Lil Wayne is one of the best.

apathy
classified
dessa
invincible
eminem
ill bill
necro
R.A. the rugged man
slaine
esoteric
copywrite
vinnie paz
evidence
alchemist
celph titled
el-p
aesop rock
sage francis
brother ali
diabolic
eyedea
atmosphere
cage
the grouch
mike shinoda
miilkbone
cappo
scorzayzee
scoobs

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2011, 01:25 AM
who the fuck are these awful rappers you keep listing?

stop

Mr. R&B
02-07-2011, 01:44 AM
You were safe from ridicule, until you mentioned these guys...

MC 900 ft. Jesus
mike shinoda
miilkbone
sage francis...

Was Vanilla Ice or Marky Mark on your list at some point?

900 FT Faggot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Please tell me you're joking.

I'm surprised you didn't include Lucus, or whatever the fuck his name was.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-07-2011, 02:36 AM
i thought ur white.

Mr. R&B
02-07-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm as white as the pure, driven snow.

But that still doesn't change the fact that certain rappers are 100% novelty acts.

Wasn't MC 900 ft Jesus a founding member of a Techno group or something?

Durag
02-07-2011, 03:33 AM
hahahAHAHAHAHhahaHAHAhahAHAH

What an imedtiatte FAIL thread.

You just mentioned Mike Shinoda from Linkin fuckin park as an example of why you think white rappers are better. FAIL.

The problem with most white rappers is that they focus too much on been technically sound, of been complex lyricists, have different rhyme patters, methaphors etc etc etc and totally lose any personality or charisma on mic, and theres nothing more boring than listening to a rapper try to rap flawlessly without any personality.

I dont know why im explaining this, Inspektah-faggit-tical, how old are you? You sound like some spotty pubescent teenager who bought an Eyedea album coz he died and immediatly thought you liked what rappers, so you went do another site, downloaded a list of white rappers, so you could post it here and we'd think you knew loads about white rappers and hip-hop in general.

Am i right? Damn fucking right im right

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Angry? Is that you?

You obviously haven't heard of RA the Rugged Man.

JakobR
02-07-2011, 05:23 AM
I find almost every white rapper boring. I know it is a bit of a generalization but I think they lack that social consciouness that makes great rappers great emcees.

No doubt that white rappers have become more influential but the only way I can see them making a take over is if the industry stops signing black rappers.

Poison Flowerz!
02-07-2011, 05:46 AM
AESOP > Eminem

Djaminha
02-07-2011, 07:41 AM
ugEYxqd9RGQ

Beiber kills RA the rugged man

5hundred&one
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
http://dump.gayadesign.nl/dumps/1227968202221.jpg

Pacsta
02-07-2011, 09:12 AM
fukin dumbasses! half latinoz and jewz r not white.

most talented:

1. r.a.
2. eso
2. xaul

GhettoGnom
02-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Smh @ this thread.

I think you're wrong about Apathy and R.A.. R.A. will go down in the same group as Percee P.. Actually, he already has. One of the absolute greats, without the discography to back it up. Apathy have already released two near classics. Dude's a beast and is currently getting production work by the likes of Premier,

Look at when people talk about the greatest technical rappers or the best punchlines of all time. Most of them are white rappers.

No.

Big L
Vakill
Tonedeff
Percee P
Kool G Rap
Pharoahe Monch
Rakim
Chino XL
etc.etc.etc.

There's more and more great white rappers as well, but that's only natural with how big Hip Hop got in the nineties. It's not even close to 'most' though.

jewz r not white.

How are Jews not white?

Pacsta
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
How are Jews not white?

kuz they r mid eastern

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
didn't this faggot also make a thread asking why it's not acceptable for white people to use 'nigga'?

idiot.

Pacsta
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
arabz r white lol

Origin™
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM
This has to go down as one of the most stupid threads in the HipHop section of this website in history.

i'm not sure if the OP is a troll, new to hiphop, or just generally a retard?

Undiluted Karma
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Cosign.

CPH Link
02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Well you're talking about af supposedly 'takeover' and you're mentioning rappers that's been around a very long time. If you wanna list black rappers who've been around as long as R.A., your little theorys gonna have a problem... Come on man.

Definitely some really dope white rappers, but to many great black rappers to even start mentioning...

Jews aren't white? I'm interested in your definition og white people...

Socrates92
02-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm white and can't rap for shit.

Frank Sobotka
02-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Speaking off white rappers, where does the stereotype come from that white rappers sell more records?

TSA
02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
black people are fucking retarded so it's natural white ppl will have 'better raps' but white people are depressed losers with 0 self esteem low ambitions yellow teeth and fragmented emotions so it's natural that these 'rappers' won't get anywhere and don't count because they're fucking lamer then dog dick

you can count everyone as a rapper cause rapping is easy and everyone does it. if you haven't gone platnium you're not a rapper.

EAGLE EYE
02-07-2011, 02:47 PM
black people are fucking retarded so it's natural white ppl will have 'better raps' but white people are depressed losers with 0 self esteem low ambitions yellow teeth and fragmented emotions so it's natural that these 'rappers' won't get anywhere and don't count because they're fucking lamer then dog dick

you can count everyone as a rapper cause rapping is easy and everyone does it. if you haven't gone platnium you're not a rapper.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/07/13/donald_trump,0.jpg

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm saying the amount of white rappers is increasing rapidly and most of them got skills. So.....whites might take over hip hop.

Jin10304
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
i suggest you turn on MTV/BET then....

nyminute
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Angry? Is that you?

You obviously haven't heard of RA the Rugged Man.

All he does is string words together whilst not having any substance, the majority of hisr rhymes is him trying to be a pseudo Big Pun rhyming, "little, scribble, diddle, middle, riddle". Nothing but pure doggerel.

Big L
Vakill
Tonedeff
Percee P
Kool G Rap
Pharoahe Monch
Rakim
Chino XL
etc.etc.etc.

Where's Lord Finesse?

Pacsta
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
the klu klux klan hate me more than jews and blacks

-R.A. The Rugged Man

jews are not white, they coming from mid east and slaughtered by hitler and other white priders

TSA
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm saying the amount of white rappers is increasing rapidly and most of them got skills. So.....whites might take over hip hop.
yeah because the hip hop audience has show a clear thirst for lyrical skill and new talent

EAGLE EYE
02-07-2011, 05:52 PM
insatiable thirst

Professor Poopsnagle
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
yeah because the hip hop audience has show a clear thirst for lyrical skill and new talent
hahaha

Jin10304
02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
"All he does is string words together whilst not having any substance"

No substance? Try listening to Uncommon Valor

Poison Flowerz!
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
it's really not your concern why I got the knife sir
you should just remain calm, let's not get- "NO!"
slash his windpipe, he had them type of eyes
he might be still alive
how you get this thing to hyperdrive?

spiggity_ace
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
out of all the mcs u listed only necro, esoteric, and eminem are good, ill bill is good too, and u could add virtuoso hes pretty dope, lol at the thread tho
o and ealry paz was sick

Devil's son
02-07-2011, 10:14 PM

Seconded.

Devil's son
02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
out of all the mcs u listed only necro, esoteric, and eminem are good, ill bill is good too, and u could add virtuoso hes pretty dope, lol at the thread tho
o and ealry paz was sick

Paz was amazing when he was in full Ikon the Verbal Hologram mode. His voice has changed drastically from 1997.

nyminute
02-08-2011, 12:13 AM
"All he does is string words together whilst not having any substance"

What about it? All he does is string words together so that the make more multies, when many of the times they were unecessary. If you want a verse with substance and amazing multies that isn't just stringing wors together listen to Rock Bottom.

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-08-2011, 12:41 AM
^based on your reply, you haven't even listened to the song at all.

diggy
02-08-2011, 01:40 AM

theres nothing more boring than listening to a rapper try to rap flawlessly without any personality

hhahhahahhahah

Devil's son
02-08-2011, 01:42 AM
What about it? All he does is string words together so that the make more multies, when many of the times they were unecessary. If you want a verse with substance and amazing multies that isn't just stringing wors together listen to Rock Bottom.

You do know what that song is about don't you? I can't see how anyone can say that song has no substance.

Jin10304
02-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Moron...I wouldnt of even brought up Valor if it wasn't against your "no substance" comment.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-08-2011, 03:51 AM
People all saying that Uncommon Valor verse is one of the best. He has one of the illest schemes ever with a story, can't get any better than this.

Visionz
02-08-2011, 04:02 AM
People all saying that Uncommon Valor verse is one of the best. He has one of the illest schemes ever with a story, can't get any better than this.
its a great song but you're whole way of thinkin is still fuckin retarded

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Copywrite is punchline king.

"melt gimmicks everytime I spit
with ryhmes like crowds in health clinics cuz every line is sick"

" im like a med school scholarship for free, i turn a lame virgin to a brain surgeon"

Visionz
02-08-2011, 05:18 AM
Copywrite is punchline king.

"melt gimmicks everytime I spit
with ryhmes like crowds in health clinics cuz every line is sick"

" im like a med school scholarship for free, i turn a lame virgin to a brain surgeon"
you're a wack know-nothing with no proper respect, knowledge or appreciation for the foundation that allows dipshits like you to try and claim ANY white guy is punchline king, greatest ever, etc there's been quite a few high-quality records but white-boy raps tend to lack SOUL and that's something your ass doesn't seem capable of understanding. Shit is beyond multi rhyme schemes and clever lines.

SiBh_JinGbE
classic song and there's not really a verse to be found on it if you take out Big Rube's spoken word. All the people you bring up wouldn't know shit about makin MUSIC like this so please stop with the non-sense.

Cutmaster Cliff
02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
In my personal opinion, there have been some white rappers who have said some slick shit out there mouths nah mean !. But that's what they are "Rappers" and this is what the music industry is force feeding us,whether they be black or white. And in my opinion our whole Hip Hop culture is letting our music(rap) go to shit and we need to take it back to the streets. Meaning, that the true MC's(black & White) need to be heard and not these "Rappers" who in my opinion really don't have any respect for the music nor our culture. But to answer the question - Why are most of the best rappers now white? Take Over? No, white "Rappers" are not the best because there are some better black "Rappers" than them that i could name.But who cares about "Rappers", Real MC's should really be the focus. And for the second half of the question,as long as there's black folks on this planet such as myself who live this lifestyle, you would never Take Over this particular genre of music which we named "RAP".

netscape check two
02-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm as white as the pure, driven snow.

But that still doesn't change the fact that certain rappers are 100% novelty acts.

Wasn't MC 900 ft Jesus a founding member of a Techno group or something?

Actually MC 900 Ft. Jesus is an OG and a well known legend. I'm surprised you don't know who he is.

3KB54p8_wh8