PDA

View Full Version : Apathy & Copywrite is the punchline kings....how can they not be a legends?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-08-2011, 05:49 AM
In my other thread that got moved, peeps was saying how Copywrite and Apathy wasn't that great. I found that to be absurd because the dude has the best punchlines in rap. Better than Chino, Better than Big L and better than Vakill. So how the fuck can he not be a legend?

Copywrite:

"melt gimmicks everytime I spit
with ryhmes like crowds in health clinics cuz every line is sick"

" im like a med school scholarship for free, i turn a lame virgin to a brain surgeon"

"you never dropped science in your life, except in your freshman year"

"you want to sound like Pete Nelson, but you cant even copy, right"
this fool nelson, will put you in a full nelson"

"If you a G, you as silent as the one in front of gnome"

"My clique reign supreme - paint your team a sick shade of green
Lazer beams arrange a scheme of colors across ya face like maybeline"

Apathy:

Leavin' boxers on the floor like Tyson in the 80's

"I'll put you on a IV but not the roman numeral four
But the IV that leads to the funeral floor

pathy"I throw more blows then boxing doctor octavius

Djaminha
02-08-2011, 06:26 AM
http://imgur.com/Wo52e.jpg

02-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Cause they'rehttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s4apuC76AOU/R5tfrXsO1bI/AAAAAAAAACQ/kpM2dy3Z5AA/s200/homer_boring.gif

Pacsta
02-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Apathy iz not just a punchline MC

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Copywrite is anything but boring. Ill voice, ill voice, he got the mad skills on the mic niggaz needs to recognize.

Tecknowledgist
02-08-2011, 07:34 AM
oh shit

another terrible fucking thread

apathy is one of the illest whiteboys ever but c'mon now

matter fact couple months ago you were on some "apathy is a faggot" shit

copywrite is a fuckin disgrace

fuck outta here

Tecknowledgist
02-08-2011, 07:37 AM
he got the mad skills on the mic niggaz needs to recognize.

hahahaha! fuck are you at honky? switzerland!?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-08-2011, 07:43 AM
How the fuck is Copywrite a disgrace?

Origin™
02-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I vote for claaa7 or Angry! to become mods of the HipHop section.

Someone needs to take controll of these garbage threads.

issues
02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5621282/Irl-What-is-this-irl-you-speak-of.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Oldfag

cap
02-08-2011, 08:50 AM
apathy could very well have the most annoying voice/delivery in the history of music.

Pacsta
02-08-2011, 08:54 AM
fukin brainless capitalists

LiquidSwords32
02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
he kills it on the High Exhaulted but that's about it. He's not so hot now, I still check for him tho

Mr. R&B
02-08-2011, 12:02 PM
apathy could very well have the most annoying voice/delivery in the history of music.

I'm pretty sure Lil' Boosie wins that disinction.

His voice sounds like a rabid housecat being raped by an Autistic Dolphin.

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Cause they'rehttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s4apuC76AOU/R5tfrXsO1bI/AAAAAAAAACQ/kpM2dy3Z5AA/s200/homer_boring.gif

oh shit

another terrible fucking thread

I vote for claaa7 or Angry! to become mods of the HipHop section.

Someone needs to take controll of these garbage threads.

all of this

Mr. R&B
02-08-2011, 12:07 PM
matter fact couple months ago you were on some "apathy is a faggot" shit

I corroborate this statement.

I remember seeing a post to that effect as well.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
In my other thread that got moved, peeps was saying how Copywrite and Apathy wasn't that great. I found that to be absurd because the dude has the best punchlines in rap. Better than Chino, Better than Big L and better than Vakill. So how the fuck can he not be a legend?

Copywrite:

"melt gimmicks everytime I spit
with ryhmes like crowds in health clinics cuz every line is sick"

" im like a med school scholarship for free, i turn a lame virgin to a brain surgeon"

"you never dropped science in your life, except in your freshman year"

"you want to sound like Pete Nelson, but you cant even copy, right"
this fool nelson, will put you in a full nelson"

"If you a G, you as silent as the one in front of gnome"

"My clique reign supreme - paint your team a sick shade of green
Lazer beams arrange a scheme of colors across ya face like maybeline"

Apathy:

Leavin' boxers on the floor like Tyson in the 80's

"I'll put you on a IV but not the roman numeral four
But the IV that leads to the funeral floor

pathy"I throw more blows then boxing doctor octavius

everything there is corny and meaningless and only impresses 14 year old kids.

Bun B saying: "Easy as A-B-C, simple as 1-2-3, get down with UGK, Pimp C & B-U-N-B" on international players anthem >>>>> all those gay "punchline" shit

02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
everything there is corny and meaningless and only impresses 14 year old kids.

Bun B saying: "Easy as A-B-C, simple as 1-2-3, get down with UGK, Pimp C & B-U-N-B" on international players anthem >>>>> all those gay "punchline" shit
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8800/icelfi1104468x762.jpg
"Word to the mother"

nyminute
02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Some of those punchlines are almost as bad as Chino Xl's.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Some of those punchlines are almost as bad as Chino Xl's.
I don't agree with your statement, of course.
So if Copywrite and Chino have bad punchlines........Who has average punchlines, who has good ones, and who has great ones?

What about Vakill, Ras Kass, Apathy, Celph Titled, ....? Those are bad too, huh? Please don't say Hell Razah and 62nd Assassin are your favourite rappers.

So yeah, some rappers are only punchliners, but I wouldn't say that for Apathy and Copywrite. Apathy has a variety of subjects.....anyway, Copy was dope on MHz - Table Scraps, anybody who haven't heard this, well, he should!

nyminute
02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't agree with your statement, of course.
So if Copywrite and Chino have bad punchlines........Who has average punchlines, who has good ones, and who has great ones?

They might have better ones but the ones in the OP were definitely not good by any means.

And are you realy telling me these are good punchlines?

"You wouldn't be star if you were thrown by chinese ninjas"

'The only bitch you see inside of my eyes is your reflection'

"You ain't just wack, you're what wack wants to be when it grows up."

"When you rhyme I'm so bored you could surf on me."

"I'm so twisted I could eat and iron nail and shit out a cork screw"

Above all Chino Xl's, lol that's some of the wackes shit ever spit. Now I know he has a lot better punchlines, so before you try accusing me of being selective I'm just saying Chino has is either hit or miss, a lot of them tend to be miss.

Lord Finesse has some decent if outdated punchlines, but I really listen to him more for his flow and voice. Big L's overrated however in that regard.

Possessed from Rhyme asylum is pretty sick though.

What about Vakill, Ras Kass, Apathy, Celph Titled, ....? Those are bad too, huh? Please don't say Hell Razah and 62nd Assassin are your favourite rappers.

Rappers overall they're good, but I don't really listen to rappers just for punchlines.

So yeah, some rappers are only punchliners, but I wouldn't say that for Apathy and Copywrite. Apathy has a variety of subjects.....anyway, Copy was dope on MHz - Table Scraps, anybody who haven't heard this, well, he should!

Not really a fan of Copywrite to begin with he's corny.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm so twisted I could eat and iron nail and shit out a cork screw

I thought this one was good.

nyminute
02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
It's clever I'll admit, but still comes off cheesy.

OntheHorizon
02-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I liked Both these guys years ago but there style got boring really fast, "Eastern Philosophy" and "The High Exhaulted" were both dope but I aint heard them in forever, just dont feel the need, I got out of the whole Punchline fascination years ago, Its a cool trick to throw out there once in a while but when thats all your good at it, it gets Lame......

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
^exactly
you have to also have the ability to make a song and display more versatility.
All of the punchlines quoted at the beggining of the thread were trash anyway.

main_man
02-08-2011, 11:28 PM
i wouldn't limit apathy by labeling him as a "punchline" rapper.
yes, he uses punchlines in his raps (like just about every great mc), but he's really just a solid, dope mc.

chino xl & copy are 2 i could see being labeled as "punchline" rappers. they both seem to rely on it the majority of the time.

i would rank ap higher than copy or chino. not to say those guys are wack, cause they aint. i just think apathy is way more varied than those two.

and enough with the "white mcs are the best" threads.
yes, there are plenty of talented melanin-less mc's who spit nice. and with soul and rhythm (contrary to some very dumb posts in both threads).

please, just get the mother fuck over it.

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-09-2011, 12:16 AM
^yup, it is seriously played to make a big deal because a white person can rap in 2011. Shit, the beastie boys had a multiplatinum album in 1987, a white dude rapping isn't exactly a novelty.

Visionz
02-09-2011, 01:10 AM
^............unless they choose to be. But agreed that the skin tone being a focal point for conversation is fucking retarded. Good music is good music.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-09-2011, 01:38 AM
this motherucker may aswell of mentioned M-80, Asher Roth and Chet Haze

another fail when he spent all this time doing lists of whatever white rappers whove existed but completely forgot about using Yelawolf or Paul Barman

yelawolf one of the few whiteboys who doesnt just sound like a whiteboy

and barman's lines, if youre talking about "crazy-ill super dope lyircal lyricy lyricism lyrics", dump all over those mother goose lines you typed up. barmans like a phd in "lyricism", those guys things are like junior school in comparison. without all the false pretenses of "look at me im a rapper whos rapping" bullshit

and krondon doesnt count.

main_man
02-09-2011, 02:01 AM
yelawolf one of the few whiteboys who doesnt just sound like a whiteboy

WHAT!?!?

yelawolf dont sound like a whiteboy????

sheeeeeeet. that fuck sounds as white as a fucking white boy rapping can sound.

that fuck sounds whiter than marshall does. he's almost as white sounding as asher fucking roth.

and apathy >>> paul berman or whatever the fuck his name is.

main_man
02-09-2011, 02:08 AM
^yup, it is seriously played to make a big deal because a white person can rap in 2011. Shit, the beastie boys had a multiplatinum album in 1987, a white dude rapping isn't exactly a novelty.

exactly.
but vanilla ice derailed white folks in hip hop for damn near 10 years with his super faggotry.

beasties went plat all the time.
3rd bass went gold almost plat twice.

and then ice ice baby dropped. and he really fucked anyone with that skin tone in hip hop by his lying, wanna be down, rhinestone suit bullshit.

whites only really started to recover around '97, with company flow.one of the game changing underground acts of that time period. then eminem dropped and now you see what thats caused (both good and bad).

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-09-2011, 05:10 AM
Cage sounds black.

Mr. R&B
02-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Where do you come up with this shit???????????

issues
02-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Chino isnt limited to just dropping punchlines..

Nuttkase
02-09-2011, 12:07 PM
:|

Synthesizer Patel
02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I would agree that Apathy is pretty ill with the rhymes n shit. But the only decent album dude has released is like...Eastern Philosophy. Wanna Snuggle was boring to a certain degree because it seemed more of a compilation than an actual album (which it was).

Nigga, get off that dick.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Your last name says 'Patel'

and you calling me a nigga?

Thank You Come Again!.

Why are Indians and shit acting like they're black? They're brown with white features damn!.

Djaminha
02-09-2011, 07:39 PM

Thank You Come Again!.

Why are Indians and shit acting like they're black? They're brown with white features damn!.
And his first name is Synthesizer, right?

02-09-2011, 08:08 PM
And his first name is Synthesizer, right?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Christopher4myspace/ChristopherForMyspace/rotflcopter1.gif?1291775757

Synthesizer Patel
02-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Thank You Come Again!.

lmfao you sound pretty ticked bro. getting mad cuz I said "nigga", which apparently is a word that can be used freely in hip hop?

nigga please

02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
lmfao you sound pretty ticked bro. getting mad cuz I said "nigga", which apparently is a word that can be used freely in hip hop?

nigga please
oKd35EmCIx8

Synthesizer Patel
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
oKd35EmCIx8

XD

plus, I got this:

jApXLlyiJNg

stop hatin son

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-10-2011, 12:33 AM
I ain't hatin on you cuz you use the word nigga.

I just don't think Indians the south east type or the native should be acting like blacks. They should just stick to working at telemarketing.

Synthesizer Patel
02-10-2011, 12:35 AM
I ain't hatin on you cuz you use the word nigga.

I just don't think Indians the south east type or the native should be acting like blacks. They should just stick to working at telemarketing.

similarily, black people should not act educated like every other race, and should just stick to robbing and shooting other black people

main_man
02-10-2011, 01:43 AM
I would agree that Apathy is pretty ill with the rhymes n shit. But the only decent album dude has released is like...Eastern Philosophy. Wanna Snuggle was boring to a certain degree because it seemed more of a compilation than an actual album (which it was).

see, i gotta respectfully disagree with this statement.

i remember cats on here shitting on "wanna snuggle" so bad, that i didnt even give it a spin.

then about 3 months after it came out i finally listened to it and really enjoyed the fuck out of it.

great soul samples, great song concepts and apathy at the top of his game. "wanna snuggle" is a really dope album and i think may even be better than "eastern philosophy".

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-10-2011, 04:04 AM
he only has two solo albums

but his mixtapes and singles are dope too

Synthesizer Patel
02-10-2011, 09:55 AM

i remember cats on here shitting on "wanna snuggle" so bad, that i didnt even give it a spin.

then about 3 months after it came out i finally listened to it and really enjoyed the fuck out of it.

great soul samples, great song concepts and apathy at the top of his game. "wanna snuggle" is a really dope album and i think may even be better than "eastern philosophy".

naw don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the album was bad. Its just that it was a bit too lengthy for me, and there wasn't much of a concept in terms of the album. It felt more like Apathy just took songs that he recorded in the past, compiled them, and then called it "Wanna Snuggle".'

Eastern Philosophy is like.....it fits. The songs on that album relate to the concept of the album. Plus it wasn't too long, so thats a plus :)

GhettoGnom
02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I found that to be absurd because the dude has the best punchlines in rap.

You don't become a legend by punchlines alone, and judging by the chose of quotes in your post, you have pretty terrible taste in punchlines anyways..

With that said, both are great rappers. Copy just doesn't make good enough tracks. Sure he can rap his ass off, but in the end, that just isn't enough.

As for Apathy, he'll probably becoming legendary in my book, and I'm surprised anyone can hate on dude. Flow, punchlines, concepts, rhyme schemes.. Dude's a beast.

Neither is 'big' enough to be accepted as legendary except among certain hip hop heads though.

AM3sZ9TmSKA
Plug camcorder cords in electrical fixtures
Take sensual kisses with identical sisters
(And they better give up the ass) Celibate bitches
Are gettin' held under water like developin' pictures

ly7QIRfUYnw
b-FPg9-c9KQ
GPZNXd5q7Og

Y'all are lying to yourselves saying that ain't dope, and you know it.

Co-sign everything except the waiting 3 months part, I was about the only one defending the album with everyone else crying over it having catchy songs or not sounding boom-bap enough or whatever.. Never got the hate for that album, solid front to back..

Word

oKd35EmCIx8
Hahahah this shit is killing me!

Undiluted Karma
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I like Copywrite, I prefer Apathy, but Apathy gets a little repetetive for me while, purely based on his delivery, a bit like Joell Ortiz who I also like