PDA

View Full Version : Who has heard the Greatest Story Never Told.... cause I have

LiquidSwords32
02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I dont know what version I have but I have the whole album except for the black thought joint. after a couple listens I will say this.... Saigon destroys shit and of course drops knowledge... but for as long as we have been waiting, it's not as good as I expected. I hate to say it but Just Blaze's best days are behind him. He kinda fell off. But like my opinion matters to him, these beats are good but I think Just blaze did fall off a little. I mean we have been waiting like 7 years for these cd, not all that impressed. I guess it was all the hype and they time we have been waiting for this cd to drop. I'm a tough critic but again this is only my opinion. I will be buying this cd not because it's a classic but Saigon deserves to be supported.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
but just blaze hasn't been great since '03

as soon as he got noticed and had to drop his heavy sampling, hes pretty much been completely passable, barring a few joint (Come On Baby being one notable)

And Saigon

his peak was around '05/'06

Havent heard the album though so wont drop comment on that, but the sampler sounded good.

baritone
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
definately gon cop to support the nigga saigiddy, classic or not

corky831
02-08-2011, 04:57 PM
heard this album....its great...blaze's production is wonderful.....saigon spits heat....the og samples were better...but this is still awesome music

oldie
02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
There's a few different versions of this album floatin about the net. I had a version years ago and he's had a
Bunch of mixtapes called the same as the album hasn't he

Basically I'm bored of waiting, just drop the album, he created a hype and now he's killed his own hype

corky831
02-08-2011, 07:01 PM
http://hiphop-n-more.com/2011/02/saigon-the-greatest-story-never-told-album-stream/

OntheHorizon
02-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who didnt have internet access till 2 years ago, hence I never heard of the guy until his beef with Buddens so I havent been waiting long enough to be Over-hyped about it.........

I havent checked the album out yet but I plan to, but I have a question for the thread starter, arent these beats suppose to be old School Just Blaze Style??...... From what people say the album was recorded in like 05/06 back when Just was still pretty damn good

Meta4
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
^^^from what I remember the album was recorded around 04/05/06 but Imma heavily disagree sayin that EITHER Just or Sai lost it. Sai is STILL killin shit on a more grown man level and I'm no way worried about Just pre-06. As for the change in samples... never heard em so dont care, I trust Sai's vision.

corky831
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
the beats are definitely still good.....

Jin10304
02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
wtf?.....is this a joke?. "And the Winner Is..." is basically a remix to 'Enemies' with a extra distorted as fuck verse from Bun B. He sounds soo weird on that track. What waste 'War' & 'Winner Is' became..

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
wtf is with layzie bone being on the song but not having a verse? hate it when they do that shit

big boi did it with khujo on tangerine

LiquidSwords32
02-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who didnt have internet access till 2 years ago, hence I never heard of the guy until his beef with Buddens so I havent been waiting long enough to be Over-hyped about it.........

I havent checked the album out yet but I plan to, but I have a question for the thread starter, arent these beats suppose to be old School Just Blaze Style??...... From what people say the album was recorded in like 05/06 back when Just was still pretty damn good

yeah they are suppose to be but like somebody said earlier, just blaze abandoned his old sample style from the blue print and started doing more piano like dr dre shit. which dont get me wrong he does well but his old style from when he sampled was wayyy better. From hearing all of the tracks from the cd it is safe to say just blaze did fall off a long time ago, because this album supposely was records from 04-06 but saigon did say he changed the album around a little. regardless no matter the production Saigon drops fuckin knowledge, but i liked his Warning Shots style better for some reason.