PDA

View Full Version : Money Making Jam Boys interview @ HipHopDX.com

claaa7
02-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Money Making Jam Boys are a dope crew worth listening to for two reasons alone in my opinion - Black Thought and Dice Raw. Truck North, STS and P.O.R.N. are not wack rappers but their claim that "we are an all-out assault on rappers who can't maintain this high level of lyricism" is laughable. either way, "The Prestige" was a good introduction to the group and hopefully we'll be able to get the Black Thought solo album/EP soon enough. if you ask me we haven't heard enough solo tracks by Tariq for soon 5 years. "How I Got Over", "Rising Down" and "The Prestige" had a total of, what, 3 Black Thought solo tracks?
INTERVIEW HERE (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13994/title.the-money-making-jam-boys-talk-about-the-prestige-roots-association)

Pattch82
02-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Props for the link fam,

I've been playing the Prestige mixtape atleast once a day since I DL'd it. I'm diggin it, although the only reason I checked it in the first place was Black Thught. I thought the production was pretty much on point for the most part, nothing ground breaking, but good enough to keep the listener interested. I thought there might have been more than one Questlove track on there but it was still a dope tape and as usual BT kills it with pretty much every verse.

Defo looking forward to more BT solo stuff!!!

Peace!

Wh0am3ye?
02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Props gonna check this out. Don't sleep on that mixtape, I'm bumpin it right now. Black thought goes off as usual. He also had an ode to ODB's brooklyn zoo on the track Philadelphia zoo.