PDA

View Full Version : question for the computer savvy: How do you make money off a website?

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
chances are i'll be departing from this site prolly 2 week to a months, due to me trying to focus on the other sites and forums im apart of and also the various organizations im in association with

it has been said to various people on this that i wanted to start my own site but its a slow process and a time consuming one

what i would like to know
is how do people make money off a website

does this involve the white hat or black hat?

Professor Poopsnagle
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
chances are i'll be departing from this site prolly 2 week to a months, due to me trying to focus on the other sites and forums im apart of and also the various organizations im in association with

it has been said to various people on this that i wanted to start my own site but its a slow process and a time consuming one

what i would like to know
is how do people make money off a website

does this involve the white hat or black hat?Hahahahahahahaha! It can't be that time consuming to post here. LOL DEPARTING! Shit man, that just made me laugh.

But anyway, to make money, you got to offer something and what exactly are you trying to offer here? Are you talking about providing websites that you design and maintain? Be a bit more specific.

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Hahahahahahahaha! It can't be that time consuming to post here. LOL DEPARTING! Shit man, that just made me laugh.

But anyway, to make money, you got to offer something and what exactly are you trying to offer here? Are you talking about providing websites that you design and maintain? Be a bit more specific.

time consuming .....bruh im a member of about 9 different websites

well a friend of mine has a blog and i think he makes like $10 off advertisement (think he has like 5 advertisements on the site.....one being amazon.com)

Professor Poopsnagle
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Oh you mean in that way, through advertisement. What kind of website does he have? Even a website as big as this one doesn't have much advertisement and I can tell you there's not lot of money made that way. First, you need a lot of traffic for advertisers to even be interested, which will cost you money and nowadays most people install adblockers and such making advertising even less interesting.

So what's your plan, you're going to make a website solely for the purpose of making money off advertisement? How much do you expect to make?

Uncle Steezo
02-09-2011, 01:00 PM
google ads don't have a minimum traffic requirement but you need quite a bit of traffic to even cover the website hosting cost.

you're better off selling your asshole to lonely bears on craigslist.

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 01:01 PM
^^^^lol

my friends has a blog

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
i dont know its a idea i have been tossing around in my head

Professor Poopsnagle
02-09-2011, 01:06 PM
What kind of blog?

I don't think this is such a good idea, you better spend your time thinking of a sort of website people want to go and visit, something innovative. That way, you'll make more money, just look at those guys who started facebook, twitter or whatever, they're fucking swimming in it.

Uncle Steezo
02-09-2011, 01:18 PM
here is my website
http://www.bingenow.com

PALEHORSE
02-09-2011, 02:09 PM
all seeing eye as the mascot eh? interesting choice

EAGLE EYE
02-09-2011, 02:28 PM
yo girls legs are dearly departed

Uncle Steezo
02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
all seeing eye as the mascot eh? interesting choice
yessir.
im reclaiming my culture.

black scary cats afraid of their own damn symbols and accomplishments.

Prolifical ENG
02-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Is this your letter of resignation? You're giving me your 2 weeks now? But what happens if full time positions become available here on WTC?

EAGLE EYE
02-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Prenatal has NO chance now that craigslist removed their adult services section.

Looks like he's going back to the basics and gettin' put on the track by a slug ass pimp

http://images.contactmusic.com/videoimages/sbmg/e-40-sprinkle-me-featuring-suga-t.jpg

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
first off robbie which yourself you dont know me and i dont know you.....from your posts it appears you would be more fit for a track or a role in Pimp Up, Hoes Down, since your a goddamn attention whore

what wrong you weren't shown unconditional love as a child

your mom neglected you because of your chin..is that what it is?

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Is this your letter of resignation? You're giving me your 2 weeks now? But what happens if full time positions become available here on WTC?

dont know yet

EAGLE EYE
02-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Please don't leave us Prenatal!!

My herb & spice collection will never be the same!!

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
lmao...you one silly muthafucka robbie

seriously you should be evaluated

EAGLE EYE
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
i might take you up on the offer

http://in.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110122&t=2&i=313505263&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=img-2011-01-22T104903Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_India-543205-1

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 05:37 PM
wtf is up with dude face looks like one big fucking cyst or a keloid

Professor Poopsnagle
02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh shit, I thought it was some muppet or something. Christ, that's funny.

HANZO
02-09-2011, 05:41 PM

lol

Guillotine is giving us the Lebron treatment, this is obviously his version of 'the decision'.

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 05:42 PM
lol

man i fucking love your sig

what happen to suga duga?

Uncle Steezo
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh shit, I thought it was some muppet or something. Christ, that's funny.
could be worse.
he could be a pedophile.

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 05:48 PM
style who exactly is that blowing fire out her ass Kelly divine