PDA

View Full Version : Shocking News!! Eminem wins grammy award for best album of the year...

claaa7
02-14-2011, 06:06 AM
with "Recovery". i don't know what to say, i'm amazed, stunned and most of all SHOCKED/SHOOK UP. i would never think Eminem would win a grammy, and that Drake was nominated was also very unexpected. same with Jay-Z's "Blueprint III"... hahah, shiit you know how they do - it's always the same motherfuckers who gets the nominees no matter if their albums were wack or dope. i guess Kanye's album will be nominated first next year since it was being released pretty late right?

the only good thing is that The Roots was nominated for best hip-hop album with "How I Got Over" (should've won imo) and won 3 awards together with John Legend for their collabo album "Wake Up!". Roots haven't won a grammy since 1999 when they won for "You Got Me". this time they took best R&B album, best R&B song ("Shine") and Best traditional R&B vocal performance ("Hang On In There"). good for them tho the grammys is a joke.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-14-2011, 06:20 AM
the grammys are a joke, rap stays getting shitted on

em's album wasnt all that but better than relapse

OntheHorizon
02-14-2011, 06:24 AM
If they gave him the Grammy for Rap album of the year for Relapse, then he should've won it twice for Recovery because its a much better album. Him winning this year didnt bother me because at least it was an improvement over rapping about Gay Sex in a funny Arab voice.

Didnt really care for much of anything that was nominated though honestly, none of my favorite albums from the last year were nominated

Wh0am3ye?
02-14-2011, 06:25 AM
It would've been the shit if the roots won(should have won if you wanna get technical), i'd rather recovery take it before thank me later though....

MaskedAvenger
02-14-2011, 06:29 AM
ahaha why are you shocked? It's the Grammys. Music awards haven't been relevant for a minute now.

JakobR
02-14-2011, 06:32 AM
I find it more shocking that people even care about them :P No one at the grammys deserves their awards anyway cus you can always find someone who is better in the underground. Soulja boy was nominated a couple of years ago ffs :P

Just enjoy the show for what is is and don't take it too seriously.

All the nominated had good albums - I'm not the biggest fan of Thank me later and Blueprint 3. I can see why people like Drake's album though.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-14-2011, 06:33 AM
The grammys are a joke anyways.

OntheHorizon
02-14-2011, 06:33 AM
ahaha why are you shocked? It's the Grammys. Music awards haven't been relevant for a minute now.

When were they ever relevant??......... I aint takin an awards show seriously since the Made Men won a Source award for Best Music video for that gay shit with Master P on a flying carpet or whatever, lol

That said, If I got nominated I'd show up to collect it, lol, Em must have an entire Trophy case full of those things

Wh0am3ye?
02-14-2011, 06:44 AM
I mean let's check how many ill tracks recovery actually had....

uLRE6JE17Oo

NBwID0BNuUY

this track is the most underrated right here....

owpSzlGRB_0

in our hearts we know who the real grammy winners are...

nWgrlLIlse8

this beat is buckwild, ain't nothin better than cruisin around bumpin this.

True Father Allah
02-14-2011, 06:52 AM
lol @ being shocked Em won, I love sarcasm. Is there anywhere the show can be viewed online?

JakobR
02-14-2011, 06:53 AM
It was like he tried to please too many people with his new album. Some tracks didn't fit musically and lyrically. They were good but didn't fit.

No love brings me back to the 90's where I danced my ass off to Haddaway. Love it haha

The only track I didn't like was You're never over - strictly because of the hook which was a disgrace. The rest of the album was good (some tracks more than others of course).

Personally I would have them in this order (not too sure about Drake and B.o.b but I gave it to B.o.b because of his musicality).

Roots
Em
B.o.b
Drake
Jay-Z

Wh0am3ye?
02-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Black thought says it best in this track "Underrated,under appreciated the one them under achievers had under estimated" WOOOOOOOOOO

0HoWBnJKf4o

Imagine eminem in his prime with black thought, I think dude would hold his own on that one.

Socrates92
02-14-2011, 07:19 AM
How did Heaven Razah not win?

Wh0am3ye?
02-14-2011, 07:48 AM
HAHAH that would be the day.

Pacsta
02-14-2011, 07:57 AM
i gon kill deez mainstream luvaz

claaa7
02-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Black thought says it best in this track "Underrated,under appreciated the one them under achievers had under estimated" WOOOOOOOOOO

0HoWBnJKf4o

Imagine eminem in his prime with black thought, I think dude would hold his own on that one.

hell yeah! have you seen this nasty freestyle session from the BET Awards 2009? Eminem, Black Thought and Mos Def with DJ Premier on the wheels of steel. they all rip it, i fucking love this one (Tariq later used his verse on this for the "Doin' It Again" track from 'How I Got Over').

q9BB09uoAlk

Wh0am3ye?
02-14-2011, 08:15 AM
^^ Yeah this shit was raw, I felt eminem coulda came harder. Especially around legends like that.

GhettoGnom
02-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Him winning this year didnt bother me because at least it was an improvement over rapping about Gay Sex in a funny Arab voice.
That's what it takes to win a grammy?
Shiiieeet, I might just go for next year's aoty then.

How did Heaven Razah not win?
lol

Frank Sobotka
02-14-2011, 11:40 AM
The dumb accent > The retarded screaming

Mr. R&B
02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Eminem didn't win Album of the Year, he won Best Rap Album.

Arcade Fire won AotY.

Of course I agree, there were plenty of albums in all genres of music that were better than Recovery.

But it's the Grammy's, they play favorites.

Paranoid
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
grammys are for fags

Rame
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
He got the best album out of the bunch.

Just like every other award show they're not going to pick obscure albums, and I don't expect them to because this is a party for the stars. That's why these award shows aren't relevant IMO.

Mcthuggin99
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
The dumb accent > The retarded screaming
this. i was listening to Must Be The Ganja and Stay Wide Awake from Relapse the other day, and id rather much listen to that than the constant screaming on Recovery

Kenny Powers
02-14-2011, 07:06 PM
why wasnt distant relatives even nominated?

beautifulrock
02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Who gives a shit about a Grammy?

Wh0am3ye?
02-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Good question...

angry!
02-14-2011, 07:40 PM
quick fix....

i dont give a fuck about the grammys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus...

i can recall eminem...

thankin kool g rap, and masta ace, at one of those bullshit functions, in years past...

im more down on em...

for performing "i need a doctor"....

with dr. dre, on some puppet, "lead the way marshall" shit...

DRE IS FUCKIN LOST RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! hes fucking up... big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that song is all kinds of fucked up....that song, encapsulates everything thats wrong with the doc right now, second guessing, pussy footing, and SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sucks seeing the GOAT like this... i hope he sees his way out of it, i was optimistic about detox, up until i heard a CDQ version of I NEED A DOCTOR.... not his beat, not his song, not his idea... GUN SHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i see big boi got a grammy nod, thats wasup, not that big boi sweating it, but that album is incredible...

i dont let any of these award shows get me mad, its all a circle jerk, doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!!!!

these kids that dont know shit about slim shady ep... LOVE recovery, let em have it... shit makes me sick, that em can sell himself short, and ultimately, WIN by doing so... relapse was the better album, relapse 2 was the album i wanted to hear, recovery was tailor made for eminem haters, not eminem fans...

MAYBE NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

main_man
02-15-2011, 12:51 AM
yeah, outta the albums nominated the roots album was head and shoulders above the rest.

and relapse is 20 times better than that soft ass recovery bullshit.

i can get the hate for the silly accents and shit, but i like the funny, dont give a shit, dark sense of humor eminem compared to this motivational speaker, shouting then try to sing his own hooks eminem.
relapse was a concept album where he just said "fuck it. im gonna ram this shit down peoples throats and turn the sarcasm meter up to 25."
"deja vu" is one of the realest songs of em's career.
dre's beats on that record were 1000 times better than that watered down hip pop bullshit on recovery.
AND eminem changes his flow multiple times on that album successfully. its really an exercise on how to ride a beat and do it well (if you can get past the goofy accents. which were used better on relapse then they were on encore, for real).

and i finally heard that "i need a doctor" joint. bullshit beat, whiney chick chorus, dre sounding like he's lost all self-esteem. but em's verses on there are really, really good. if that song was on recovery it woulda been one of the better joints. but as a song for a new dre album, its a horrible choice.

True Father Allah
02-15-2011, 05:48 AM

your guess is as good as mine

Mr. R&B
02-15-2011, 07:51 AM
It's good to know that people who bagged on Relapse initially are coming around to the fact that it's the better of his two recent albums.

We all kinda knew it, but at least we're actually saying it now.

Tecknowledgist
02-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Terminator X packs the jam, who gives a fuck about a goddamn Grammy

True Father Allah
02-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Beiber fans going hard on Esperanza, lol
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/justin-...ards-beliebers

netscape check two
02-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Best rap album of the year this is referring to right?

Twiztid-Wutang
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Rap, didnt deserve to win a grammy, PERIOD. And honestly, It shouldnt. Sales and video play means dick. Arcade fire won because they used more than women hating dr suess lyrics that Em used that whole album. Sorry to tell yall, Rap is no where near as talented as other genres. Namely Rock/Metal

Synthesizer Patel
02-17-2011, 09:56 AM
^ coming from a fan of twiztid

but seriously though, rap does require its own set of talents. you can't say that one genre requires more talent than another.

main_man
02-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Rap, didnt deserve to win a grammy, PERIOD. And honestly, It shouldnt. Sales and video play means dick. Arcade fire won because they used more than women hating dr suess lyrics that Em used that whole album. Sorry to tell yall, Rap is no where near as talented as other genres. Namely Rock/Metal

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE,NIGGA. ^^^ THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE.....

is easily one of the biggest faggot posts on this site in the past year. CONGRATULATIONS!!! (and we have zooruka on this site). thats quite an accomplishment, you fuckin punk ass.

heres what you can do. delete your account. and go to a fuckin bitch ass i-c-p or super fuckin gay megadeth message board, you fake ass hip hop fan.

and you obviously haven't heard the roots album, you stupid piece of shit.
go put something up your asshole and listen to your faggot ass metal bullshit, bitch.

Nuttkase
02-17-2011, 02:09 PM
facepalm