PDA

View Full Version : Planet X once again...

Uncle Steezo
02-15-2011, 09:33 PM
A Nine-Planet Solar System Once More? NASA Telescope May Reveal New Planet, Tyche (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/15/a-nine-planet-solar-system-once-more-nasa-telescope-may-reveal-new-planet-tyche/?xid=rss-nation-yahoo)

yup.

Tyche is suspected to be four times the mass of Jupiter with an orbit around 15,000 times further from the Sun than Earth's, and 375 times further than Pluto's. It will probably be composed mainly of hydrogen and helium, with an atmosphere just like Jupiter's. Professor Whitmire added that the planet-in-waiting will have its own moons, like other outer planets, and its surface will be covered in colorful spots, bands and clouds. The Wise data also revealed that Tyche is four or five times warmer than Pluto, at a prediceted -73C (-99F). "The heat is left over from its formation," said Prof Whitmire, "It takes an object this size a long time to cool off."

EAGLE EYE
02-15-2011, 10:21 PM
4 times the mass of jupiter is pretty big.

In other news...

Earth sized planets were found orbiting the Kepler-11 star recently

http://spacecollective.org/chrismackintosh/6638/NASA-Finds-EarthSize-Planet-Candidates-In-Habitable-Zone-Six-Planet-System

wonder if they are habitable

Uncle Steezo
02-16-2011, 03:04 AM
interesting thing i heard...
we have a limited open window to view new spectrums of the galaxy due to the absence of interference from the analog tv range. we switched to digitasl and it was like a frosted glass was removed from the telescope's lens.

it will be closed again when the phone co switches to that analog spectrum.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
02-16-2011, 03:15 AM
i'm late but what happened to Pluto? why was it demoted from its planet status?

drippie k
02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
^^^cuz its small...people are retarded, pluto is still a fucking planet in my book

PALEHORSE
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
we have a limited open window to view new spectrums of the galaxy due to the absence of interference from the analog tv range. we switched to digitasl and it was like a frosted glass was removed from the telescope's lens.

yes! scientist are now getting signals from space that were not available before

PALEHORSE
02-16-2011, 07:00 PM

fuck