PDA

View Full Version : Wassup with 'Godsville'?

Jin10304
02-15-2011, 10:22 PM
It was supposed to drop today as a digital release right? Thoughts? I need to find that shit....

LiquidSwords32
02-15-2011, 11:51 PM
it's just aight anyways

adrianoter
02-16-2011, 01:05 AM
it's just aight anyways

Im diggin the shit, its a progression from Meta Historical, a lot more deep and meaningful, as though this is the full meal that was the appetizers, probably need it to sink in for a few days to make a real judgement on it, but its a good positive album with some jazzy as fuck boom bap shit on there, a bit short though, mines only got 11 tracks, but its like the albums of old, the 11 tracks are all killer and theres no filler, they really crafted this shits. Diggin the new Strong Arm Steady too, which has a Krs appearance on a Preemo produced track "all the brothers". KRS keeps soldiering on. Keep listening to Drake if you want that commercial ass bs sound, but this hears that authentic shit.

Jin10304
02-16-2011, 03:15 AM
I feel the opposite after listening to it. Godsville is more of a appetizer, Meta the full course. Just as short too, both of them being 11 tracks. Iono, I expected harder production from Showbiz.

claaa7
02-16-2011, 03:52 AM
damn this was one of the most dissapointing albums i have yet to hear.. it's not wack but coming from one of my favorite producers and one of my favorite MCs of all time i expected them to come strapped with greatness. lyrically it bounces between sub-par and good but Kris hardly brings anything new to the table here.. but the real problems here are the beats, there's hardly any samples at all on here which is suprising cuz i remember an interview with Show just a few years ago where he said he hardly liked hip-hop that wasn't based on samples. if he was gonna like it had to be something really, really special - well, this ain't it man!!

the best songs had pretty much already leaked, it's only 30 minutes long with an intro and a remix. i mean where the fuck is the effort?! it feels just like a mixtape or some prequel shit but since this is hardly being promoted, i'm gonna have to get an expensive import if i want it. i still want it for collection purposes (i know how many DITC releases becomes rarities after just a few years). dissapointing is the most fitting word, hopefully it grows on me but considering the potential it had, this is just sad.

and yes. "Meta Historical" is way better, i was hoping Show was gonna bring some raw boom bap beats like that to the table. it's suprising tho cuz i think Show has kept pretty damn consistent with his beats on the OC/AG album last year and all his tracks on "The Movement" were heaters. oh well what you gonna do

Pacsta
02-16-2011, 05:46 AM
i wuz except a retrospective shyt.. half disappoint

THE MASON
02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
damn, after reading some of the comments, its a bit disappointing. especially after reading what C7 had to say. ill prolly buy it when it releases to hard copy cuz like he said DITC releases become hard to find anywhere after awhile.

i had high hopes for this album, but thats why you should never hold expectations for unheard music

adrianoter
02-17-2011, 11:23 PM
damn, after reading some of the comments, its a bit disappointing. especially after reading what C7 had to say. ill prolly buy it when it releases to hard copy cuz like he said DITC releases become hard to find anywhere after awhile.

i had high hopes for this album, but thats why you should never hold expectations for unheard music

i dont think the album was meant to reinvent no wheels, its a solid effort thats all, its polished rather than gritty sounding, Showbiz doin somethin new cant expect the dude to just do the same shit over and over, and Meta Historical has all those interludes which just get FF by me anyway, this is decent songwriting, nothing all that spectacular I agree but its a solid effort without KRS outstayin his welcome. I think its about time KRS did do some wheel reinvention (his own) but he works better with a partner like Primo rather than pushing the envelope all by himself.

OntheHorizon
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
I been meaning to check for this, didnt even know it had leaked.........Reactions here are crazy tho, I expected this to be one of the albums websites would be doin back flips over

*Shrugs*

Still wanna hear it tho

Khem The Decepticon
02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
I wanted to check this out. I bought Survival Skills and really enjoyed it. Im not into Krs-One that much like the rest of you guys but im young. Im gonna have to check this out along with Meta-Historical.

Jin10304
02-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Another damn EP lol....