PDA

View Full Version : relative to the FLU, but concerns Bush., please check out.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
10-18-2005, 12:29 PM
peace.

Everyone is aware of this flu pandemic, it has already struck earth before. This is old news, and this same "plague" seems to have re-surfaced again. It is seriously bad news...trust me.

Bush has proposed a plan to attempt to keep it contained if it reaches america's shores. He has stated that he is contemplation of quarantining areas within the U.S. infected with this historical flu. I'm just asking for your thoughts concerning his idea? Perhaps...is it a good idea..or bad, the response of the people....how they will react etc..?

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

TeknicelStylez
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Sounds like excessive controll to me, quarintining is like taking all the fish out the ocean and putting them in a barrel so you can shoot at them easier, in bush terms.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
peace..

yeah. See I think quarantining is synonymous with the arrival of troops and not so honest doctors.....

keep building,

peace

SubliminaLtha7thBorN

TeknicelStylez
10-19-2005, 02:12 AM
Yea the notorious FEMA agents and their fantastic ability to handle crisis in an orderly fashion.

pep
11-01-2005, 04:48 PM
i don't know, depending on how rapid this thing spreads..its easy to say what bush says he will do is wrong, and it may be..but faced with the same situation, a black/woman/spanish president would probably take the same course of action

tostones
11-01-2005, 05:00 PM
peace

Bush's proposed strategy costs 7 billion. (Iraq war currently at 216 billion)

Topping Bush's strategy:

_$1.2 billion to stockpile enough vaccine against the current H5N1 flu strain to protect 20 million Americans, the estimated number of health workers and other first-responders involved in a pandemic.

_$1 billion for the drugs Tamiflu and Relenza, which can treat and, in some cases, prevent flu infection. Enough to treat 44 million people and prevent infection in 6 million others is headed for the federal stockpile. States were told to buy 31 million treatment courses, but Bush is funding only a quarter of the states' anticipated bill.

_$2.8 billion to speed production of pandemic vaccines including better-matched strains by learning to manufacture them in easier-to-handle cell cultures, instead of today's slow method that relies on millions of chicken eggs.

_$251 million for international preparations, including improving early-warning systems to spot human infections with novel flu strains.

_$100 million for state preparations, including determining how to deliver stockpiled medicines directly to patients.

_$56 million to test poultry and wild birds for H5N1 or other novel flu strains entering the U.S. bird population.

_A call for Congress to provide liability protection for makers of a pandemic vaccine, which unlike shots against the regular winter flu would be experimental, largely untested.peace

Aqueous Moon
11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
"_$56 million to test poultry and wild birds for H5N1 or other novel flu strains entering the U.S. bird population."

Peace

I don't think I'll be eating any chicken ....ever!

That is sick!!!!!!

Decipha Born
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
word,....

if they was eatin' right they wouldnt catch nuthin,.......

i gotta stay away from popeyes.....might get a biscuit tho......

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
peace.

Thanx for adding on...

peace.

SubliminaLtha7thBorN