11 : 1112 ft. Masta Killa, Killah Priest & Njeri
12 : Skit
13 : Victim ft. Njeri & Joan Davis
14 : Publicity
15 : Feel Like An Enemy ft. Hell Raizah, Killah Priest, Trigga & Prodigal Sunn
16 : String Play (Like This, Like That) ft. Method Man
17 : Mic Trippin'
18 : Outro ft. LA The Darkman & Timbo King

Dammit, I like the album art....yeah the album itself is sick too....but I should have bought the poster! 9.8/10 on album art (-.2 because it doesnt compare to liquid swords album art) I will let the rest critique the actual album.

num2son
10-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Good solid album. My favorite song is High Price, Small Reward.

hellbound
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
pretty good the whole way through the whole thing, a lot of guest spots though

Frank Drebin
10-18-2005, 08:05 PM
1112 my favourite song. Only a couple of skippable songs. Skits are wack. Great album 7.8/10

WU-KILLAH
10-19-2005, 04:17 AM
High Price small reward is classic ... my favorite GZA album.

Frank Drebin
10-19-2005, 04:39 AM
High Price small reward is classic ... my favorite GZA album.
This aint disrespectful at all but you really like this album better than liquid swords?

WU-KILLAH
10-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Yes, I know a big majority of fans prefer LS to BTS. But to me BTS is the best I don't skip no track and they all deserve at least a 4,5. A real classic.

the insignificant
10-19-2005, 05:25 AM
01 : Intro... n/r... i like this though... nice touch...
02 : Amplified Sample... 4.5/5... closest beat to liquid swords... very hard hitting... just a great track...
03 : Beneath The Surface ft. Killah Priest & RES... 4/5... i like the hook and i love deck's beat... gza comes nice and laid back...
04 : Skit... n/r... i like the skits on this album, they actually make sense and fit with the theme...
05 : Skit... n/r... as above...
06 : Crash You Crew ft. Ol' Dirty Bastard... 4.5/5... was disappointed that there was only one gza verse... but it's a great one and well backed up john the baptist...
07 : Breaker, Breaker... 4/5... lyrically, one of gza's best efforts... and an unusual wu beat (at the time) makes this a winner...
08 : High Price, Small Reward ft. Masta Killa... 4/5... short and sharp... very good...
09 : Hip Hop Fury ft. RZA, Hell Raizah, Timbo King & Dreddy Kruger... 4/5... love the way timbo comes into this song...
10 : Skit... n/r...
11 : 1112 ft. Masta Killa, Killah Priest & Njeri... 3.5/5... never really got into this... drags a little...
12 : Skit... n/r...
13 : Victim ft. Njeri & Joan Davis... 3.5/5... i slept on this song for a while... i guess it's cold world part 2 in a sense... chorus drags though...
14 : Publicity... 4.5/5... great beat, great lyrics...
15 : Feel Like An Enemy ft. Hell Raizah, Killah Priest, Trigga & Prodigal Sunn... 3.5/5... the four mcs comes strong, but they aren't able to rise above the beat which is missing something...
16 : String Play (Like This, Like That) ft. Method Man... 3.5/5... shadowboxin 2, this is not... but it's harmless for what it is... needed another verse though...
17 : Mic Trippin'... 5/5... one of my favourite songs of all time...
18 : Outro ft. LA The Darkman & Timbo King... 3.5/5... mind boggling way to finish the album... to this day, can't figure out why gza chose to close it this way and not even appear on it...

Frank Drebin
10-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Yes, I know a big majority of fans prefer LS to BTS. But to me BTS is the best I don't skip no track and they all deserve at least a 4,5. A real classic.
True that fair enough bro

Dante
10-19-2005, 08:42 AM
1. Intro (N/A)
2. Amplified Sampler (5)
3. Beneath The Surface (5)
4. skit
5. skit
6. Crash Your Crew (5)
7. Breaker, Breaker (5)
8. High Price, Small Reward (5)
9. Hip Hop Fury (4.5)
10. skit
11. 1112 (5)
12. skit
13. Victim (3)
14. Publicity (5)
15. Feel Like an Enemy (4)
16. Stringplay (Like This Like That (4)
17. Mic Trippin (5)
18. Outro (4)

Great great album. Personal classic

Tendai Tsvangi
10-20-2005, 03:54 AM
1. Intro (N/A)
2. Amplified Sampler (5/5) : This beat reminded me of Step by Step off T2 Judgement Day as soon as I heard it, but why did Gza make it so short? I agree about the half-short twice strong, but Gza only releases albums every 3-4 years on average.......
3. Beneath The Surface (5.5/5)
"On a man-made lake, there's a sheet of thin ice,
where unskilled skaters couldn't figure 8 twice,
at 16, uncut, direct from the cult
head on assault, the result, death by the bolt"
I find this track timeless: very soothing, yet hard-hitting bassline, and I still argue with some friends of mine over who had the better verse between Priest and Gza.
4. skit
5. skit
6. Crash Your Crew (3/5) I find the beat way too repetitive, but I love the way ODB goes psycho with the chorus.
7. Breaker, Breaker (5.5/5)
This song- I got my younger cousins, people that never listened to Wu, people that don't even listen to rap music goin wild over it. The beat is simply phenomenal, very unique, and the first verse especially, on some heavy intellectual shit.
8. High Price, Small Reward (4/5) : should have been slightly longer
9. Hip Hop Fury (4.5/5): real nice
10. skit
11. 1112 (4/5) I actually don't mind Njeri on this track, she really holds her own against the other mcs.
12. skit
13. Victim (5/5): I agree with the person that calls this Cold World part 2, it's lyrics are really deep. It's sad that I ain't heard from Njeri since this album, I definitely put her near the level of Rah Digga, especially in terms of breath control.
14. Publicity (5/5) : pretty speechless when I heard this beat, some serious wordplay from the Genius.
15. Feel Like an Enemy (3/5)
16. Stringplay (Like This Like That (3/5)
17. Mic Trippin (5/5) : even as an instrumental one can never get tired of this track, and Gza flows with the beat probably better than on any other track here.
18. Outro (4/5)

The length of the songs frustrated me greatly, it would have been better even with only 10 songs and far less skits. But, some of the guests spots, although none of them matching Gza, were very good. The beats definitely were better than what was on Legend of the Liquid Swords, and didn't take anything from the rapping. In 1999, there was hardly any album I listened to more than this.
Overall 9/10,

Alcryt
10-21-2005, 07:50 AM
just got this album today through the post after a long wait but it was worth it this albums a classic 2nd fav gza album im gona have this album playin on loop for sometime :clap:

abasi
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
bts my favorite track

both were nice gza and priest
but priest is poet
he makes everything sound like a poem

deadlymelody
10-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Ill write my full review soon. It's gonna be GZA's 3rd best album after Grandmasters comes out.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Thats what people did to this album.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Ill write my full review soon. It's gonna be GZA's 3rd best album after Grandmasters comes out.

people slept on this hard. This is on the same level as Liquid Swords to me, it's just a different style. GZA's like a movie director with his albums. I think he's more consistent than Ghost.

crass
10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
this album has the same problem that LOTLS has: the drums are so sterile and sound too much like a program. it's easy to separate samples from the drums, if you know what i mean. i guess a simpler way to put it is the tracks don't sound full enough. but yes it's a dope album but in my opinion doesn't hold a candle to liquid swords

4th Day Legend
10-22-2005, 08:18 AM
good to see there's so many peeps that like BTS, it's up there with the greatest classics to me
Masterpiece album from start to finish, great beats, great lyrics, great featurings n clan shine

peace

leaguer1
03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
beneath the surface comes so close to classic its infuriating. But its just not long enough. The Skits chop this album up.

We are left with banga after banga that is up to Liquid Swordz standard with joints like "Amplified Sample", "Beneath the Surface", "Publicity", "High Price, Small Reward", "Hip Hop Fury" the powerhouse "Mic Trippin" , and finally my favorite "Crash Your Crew"

But 7 classics is only half the album. The skits, "1112" , "Victim" , and "Stringplay" are ultimately what holds the album back from a grandslam. As is, its still a solo homerun, and a great album.

shoutout for the dope intro/outro beat too.

Dante
03-25-2006, 08:20 PM
beneath the surface comes so close to classic its infuriating. But its just not long enough. The Skits chop this album up.

We are left with banga after banga that is up to Liquid Swordz standard with joints like "Amplified Sample", "Beneath the Surface", "Publicity", "High Price, Small Reward", "Hip Hop Fury" the powerhouse "Mic Trippin" , and finally my favorite "Crash Your Crew"

But 7 classics is only half the album. The skits, "1112" , "Victim" , and "Stringplay" are ultimately what holds the album back from a grandslam. As is, its still a solo homerun, and a great album.

shoutout for the dope intro/outro beat too.

1112 and Stringplay are classic GZA tracks IMO. I agree about Victim tho, i wasnt really feeling that track. Breaker, Breaker is my favorite joint for that album. Now, if there were no skits, and if GZA had a verse on that Outro track, this album would of been a cerified classic IMO. The beat to "Outro" had GZA written all over it, that beat was sick as fuck.

deadlymelody
03-25-2006, 08:59 PM
This is a pretty damn good effort. I don't listen to this album all that much. I can say that Mic Trippin and Breaker, Breaker are some of the best lyrical efforts from GZA

Complexed, Complicated, Compressed, Elongated
Sick line

Leo Angel
07-17-2006, 05:33 PM
BTS is the second best GZA solo IMO

1. Intro n/a
2. Amplified Sample 8/10 - dope opening song
3. Beneath The Suface 10/10 - personal classic, lovely beat, good chorus and, what's the most important, GZA & Priest bring magnificent verses.
4. Skit #1 n/a (but I hate all these boring skits on this album)
5. Skit #2 n/a (two shitty skits, one after another?? I can't understand it...)
6. Crash Your Crew 8/10 - raw beat, like from 36 Chambers era, but only one GZA verse on this... ODB is crazy as usual
7. Breaker, Breaker 9/10 - kinda funky beat, GZA wordplay on here is incredible, ill track
8. High Price, Small Reward 9/10 - if it was longer it would be maybe even 10/10, GZA and Masta rip it
9. Hip Hop Fury 10/10 - personal classic, real Wu banga, MCs spitting fire (I particularly love Hell Razah and Timbo King verses plus RZA chorus)
10. Skit #3 n/a blah, blah, blah
11. 1112 7,5/10 - it's too long, which is kinda boring, I think they simply should drop Njeri verse, she gots terrible flow and boring voice
12. Skit#4 n/a one more useless skit
13. Victim 6/10 - strange song, I hate this chick singing the chorus and still don't feel Njeri, sorry. maybe the worst track on the album
14. Publicity 10/10 - classic, superb beat and lyrics
15. Feel Like An Enemy 9/10 - very dope track, Wu fam destroy this rugged beat
16. Stringplay 8,5/10 - this's not Shadowboxin' pt. II, it's obvious, but it's still nice to hear GZA and Method exchanging verses over some serviceble beat
17. Mic Trippin 9/10 - yeah, I really feel this track, GZA lyrics are amazing
18. Outro 7/10 - an ok outro, finally not some worthless bubbling like in these shitty skits, GZA decided to go rest and doesn't appear on the track, why??

Overall, 8,5/10. It should be longer! There's in fact only 13 tracks (two of them doesn't inlude GZA, which sucks plus some of them are really short:ouch: ). Still very dope album produced by Wu Elements, GZA is lyrical Genius as always and most of the guest spots is allright. Njeri and Joan Davis should be excluded of this album:(W

famenchuan
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Im giving it a 9.0 because Gza always comes with 9.5 lyrics and the beats were 8.5 which in my opinion is really good in my opinion. I usually score 5 as a average album, 2.5 below average, 8.0-9.0 good-great

McTom
08-06-2006, 01:22 PM
I finally got this album second-handed, it seems to be pretty hard to get around here... I like it. The beats and the rhymes are excellent. But, I think this album also proves GZA's lazyness. I don't mean in the way he drops his verses, 'cause he is as sharp as ever, but I mean the AMOUNT of verses he drops. It his album, but there aren't real that much solo's, and on the other numbers he has usual just as one verse, on one ("Feel Like An Enemy" he doesn't even spit himself). On the best track of the cd - which is a bit too short -, "High Price, Small Reward", Masta Killa steals the show. But overall, a worthy sequel of Liquid Swords, which proves GZA's unique delivery once more.

DoomSystem
10-01-2006, 09:15 AM
CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC album... just about as good as Liquid Swords... almost

A real album you can listen to all the way through..... GZA is the deepest lyricist in the clan and aguably in all of Hip-Hop... He don't get the credit because he doesn't say anything outrageous or try to sound hard... but as far as lyricism and visual rhyme flow... there's very few who can stand close ...

THE PHYSICAL SHATTER FROM THE BLAST
PYROPLASTIC FLOW
SETS FORTH A TOWER OF ASH

I never new what that meant... but I was watching the National Georgraphic channel the other day... and he's talking about a Volcano erupting...

Pyroplasitc flow is the flow of molten lava from a volcano...

Get it... when a volcano erupts... there an explosion (SHATTER FROM THE BLAST) ... and then the lava starts coming out (PYROPLASTIC FLOW) and then all the ash starts raining down...

Its a briliant line line...he's describing his rhymeflow but at the same time he's talking about a volcanic eruption.... fuckin insane shit

THE W
10-01-2006, 09:24 AM

Skellington
10-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Wack, weakest GZA album.

Was most dissapointed when I got that album

Rebel_INS
10-01-2006, 03:37 PM
1.Intro
2.Amplified Sample - 4.5/5
3.Beneath The Surface - 5/5
4.Skit #1
5.Skit #2
6.Crash Your Crew - 4.5/5
7.Breaker, Breaker - 5/5
8.High Price, Small Reward - 5/5
9.Hip Hop Fury - 5/5
10.Skit #3
11.1112 - 5/5
12.Skit #4
13.Victim - 5/5
14.Publicity - 5/5
15.Feel Like An Enemy - 5/5
16.Stringplay - 4.5/5
17.Mic Trippin - 4.5/5
18.Outro - 5/5

Lyrically a dope album, GZA still comes correct. I liked most of the production, theyre was some dope beats but the lack of RZA brings it down a bit. Different sound from Liquid Swords but still a very dope album.

TheCat
10-12-2006, 11:18 AM
people slept on this hard. This is on the same level as Liquid Swords to me, it's just a different style. GZA's like a movie director with his albums. I think he's more consistent than Ghost.

i love GZA's work but saying he is more consistent then GF?? i mean Gzas only had 3 albums from what i can remember!

I still think Liquid Swords is the best solo album, although ask me tomorrow i will probably say Supreme Clientelle.. lol

anyways on subject,, i rate this album highly, its just shame Liquid swords was such a classic, if it wasnt for his liquid swords people would praise Beaneth the Surface.. 4/5 for me...

dnpmonk25
10-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Classic without a doubt! Still play it constantly along with the other classics. I remember when it came out along with alot of other solo's,GZA was by far the best. Hell I even saw him live for the album tour, the show was sick! If you dont think its a classic do me a favor and listen to his lyrics and try to realize the time and effort he puts in to every verse. I believe he is one of it the best MC's ever that really makes you visualize what hes speaken.

DJMethods
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM
just got this.... I waited cause cats on here always bag it

How can you bag this? Fucking ill! On my first listen, had only heard "Breaker, Breaker" before which I loved, but damn every song so far has been on point.

Sickest Wu MC without a doubt, it's not even arguable.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-06-2007, 01:53 AM
when I compare this to other intelectual technique rappers (such as Canibus) I see that this album is almost a classic...and for some reason, less mainstream oriented like LS

noel411
04-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Great album. Kind of fell in the shadows because of 'Supreme Clientele'. Definately deserves more attention. I actually probably like this album better than SC, being that I am a big Gza fan. The only part of this album I don't like is the 'Victim' chorus. Oh and also the skits. Other than that it's really rather splendid.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-06-2007, 11:00 AM
yeah the skits didnt work well imo.

its a quality album, gza was at his usual lyrical best here.

beats werent great for me though, i still like the album, but i probably prefer "Legend of the Liquid Swords".

i voted, superior.

FasterBlade
04-06-2007, 03:58 PM
disagree, thought the skits went well. they had a message and the backround music was dope

Math's best body of work (aside from his albums) all 5 of his beats were great. Mic Trippin is GZA's most underrated song, incredible stuff. personal classic, not a bad track. great guest work from Masta, Sunz, Timbo, hell everyone on it.

only drawback is not enought GZA, one more solo cut + another verse on Victim and one on Feel Like An Enemy would have been nice. ah well he let the fam shine on this and LS, then did the bulk of LOTLS and Grandmasters. interested to see how his new one shapes up

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
yeah, can't wait for the new album..the poster was cool :D

Maccabee Ridah
05-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Great album, tapes r mad, especially High Price Small Reward...
I also love beat in Breaker, Breaker...
It;s really mad....

10/10

Hollow Dartz
07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Never got to this for some reason.

1.Intro

2.Amplified Sample
I like this opening track, Beat is pretty simple, but Gza opens up with some Ill dartz and proves he hasn't fell off a bit, this is a pretty solid track, nothing else to say. 4/5

3.Beneath The Surface
I like this track alot, you have the beat which is Superb and then Gza's opening dartz are fire, he just shreds the industry with his shit and goes in strong, Killah Priest came in strong equal to Gza on here, his story is mad vivid, this is definitely a great track. 4.5/5

4.Skit #1

5.Skit #2

6.Crash Your Crew
This shit gets me hype, the beat is mad loud and Gza comes in and goes in "While the stage shook, carpenter made errors, craftsmen had his head severed" lol, Gza is witty on this track no doubt, the only thing that I don't like is that Hell-Razah's verse isn't on here, he ripped that shit, but now you just have to sit through the rest of the track.... 4.5/5

7.Breaker, Breaker
This is definitely a classic, Gza is going at other Mc's on here, he's not playing no games, I used to hear this on the radio all the time as a kid. It even sounds better today, my favorite line is "The Wu is coming through, the outcome is critical".... 5/5

8.High Price, Small Reward
Beat comes in and it sounds like something is about to happen, Gza comes in strong a quotable

I wipe the chrome off with the dust cloth before I bust off
What's the cost? Life lost, high price to pay for a small reward
Kill for that Bushwick and Halsey broad
I provided the jumper cables thru the booster mini-pack
Based on the drama, unfold it in the tracks
I don't hold back or spare no one, swords swing like Shogun
Now who want it, I see the truth then act upon it
I see the fire's is full view, ain't an MC that I hit
Can pull thru, y'all niggaz are like kids, flashin plastic tools
Unaware of the multi year, diagnastic rule
What? You stupid?

then Masta Killa just takes off on this track, Classics dartz spit on the
mic, this is a supreme wu track. 5/5

9.Hip-Hop Fury
I first heard this on Wu-Chronicles II, Classic, I love how Gza brings his BK
squad to the forefront, they all spit Ill dartz, there's reall nothing else to say..
"Looking like Rockwell wearing V-Necks........" Lol 5/5

10.Skit #3

This is a definite banger, the beat is raw and hardcore Gza starts it off hard
"Bobby Said fuck spending 50 on a whip, buy equip, Mental flip got 1,000 tracks stored on a chip"
Masta Killa comes in crazy
"Give no extention to the lynching.."Woooooooo
they not playing No games on this album, but my favorite verse has to be Killah Priest, he goes in with the beat

Burnin’ desire, ebony eyes
Painted toe nails, legacies die
Woman by the well, Egyptian queens, Arabian sheiks
are paid to knock off rich kings, for the joy some sing
Graveyards filled with scarlet widows, who stabbed they husbands
Sleepin’ on silk pillows, blood on they robes
Disguised as beggar in cheap wool clothes
Lambs and wolfs in black hoods, pull out they gats
like magic wands, castin’ spells, sendin’ niggaz to Hell
Trappin’ they souls in realms, baptize ‘em with holy water
Springin’ on the heads of plenty witches' daughters
Interviews with the richest reporters
Silent nights over Nevada
A thoudand Muslims bow before the Kaaba
Hebrews flee to the hills of Masada
for the love of God, guns make a loud sound
I'ma show you how thugs get down
Shoot outs, bullets turn into bloodhounds and hunt you down
Cursed nation, lost generation
X-Files, found them in the future as cosmic rulers
Fallen angels from space intruders
Dyin’ saints, blood spilled on the floor like wet paint
See it in the pictures, read it like the lost scriptures
And solve it with your 100 proof liquorI never heard that girl before but she went in hard, this is..
5/5

12.Skit #4

13.Victim Never really felt this track right here, nothing else to say about it. Beat is boring, Gza came correct but i'm really not interested when there's tons of head bangers on here. 3/5

14.Publicity

Who be first to catch this Beat Down?
My RapPages be The Source
Ego Trip remain victory, and no loss
Rap Sheet show you Details of wars in streets
Where the most live, catch Vibe and Blaze heat
Double XL kings who rush through, got Right On
Quick to Stress ya, sound crew to get a mic on
Math lets the plates Spin
Consecutive hits, promoters' face grin
The dawn catch fist, keep the paper direct wire
See them jake be tire
unlike the story that Echoes out with chronic liars
Like those who feast on hogs, eat Murder Dogs
A Village Voice kid with his heart and soul calm
Killa Beez produce the honey, that fortify the platinum
plus the DJ claws fiend to scratch them
Thus street team takes shots of criticism
Promotional vehicles wiffin wit mad rhythm
With the lockout of one of our Source Sports
We spice the stand and launch the stage on the ball court
During the first half, number one draft
Rap lords, swing swords, slam microphone, shatter Billboards
Forty-eight in sight, after inhalin the herb
Vision impaired, when the silhouette emerged
One nut out the Clan
Get your whole click banned from radio
PD's cut your raps man
Forcin me to move on from one world to another
on the gulf, from the fuel Jet to hover
Take cover wit the radical, Urban Latino
No Hip-Hop Connection wit Us and Janet Reno
I do an interview and they aim to trace my Essence
To know more than is necessary blunts your weapon
My group's Nova, remain unsober
And serve High Times wit king cobras
I shoulder low-post MC's, your whole style lafeast
Second to get your Word Up, then the troops unleash
Creative low fling, to the grand opening
Wit my ray gun scoping, you're hoping
Uniforms be fridged when they walk the Black Beat
in the heat, of razors exposin fresh meat
In Bedrock and Gambling - Rolling Stone, out of zone
Where they can't monitor my 'xact poem
Collide wit the Tiger Beat, rappin raga
Ebony eyes, folks see the saga

5/5

15.Feel Like An Enemy
This track is hot, they all coming hard on the mic, but there's something missing....oh yeah Gza's not even on here, Hell Razah started this shit off crazy, Prodigal Sunn ending this crazy this is a banger. 4/5

16.Stringplay
Alot people don't like this beat, but it's cool, we have Method Man on the track they both go hard lyrically, this track is nowhere near Shadowboxin' but it's pretty good. 4/5

17.Mic Trippin
Gza rips this shit, the beat is already crazy, Lyrics are off the chain
this is another quotable in my book, Gza proves he's the head of the clan.
5/5

18.Outro Gza isn't on this one, but this joint is crazy, beat has some knock to it already and La the Darkman just goes off "My Team is like USA the way we conquer, Lay back, roll more chocolate than willy wonka"
"My logic, money, bitches, land and lessons,allah blesses me with automatic weapons"
He went off on this track. Timbo king
adds fuel to the fire, niggas caught plaque from bitin off the platinum
Dumb MC's caught the gum disease, ask them
who's style they took, 2 wild brooks
Try to take a page when I'm the author of the book...

They bought the heat, this is a 5/5 and Gza ISN'T EVEN ON IT!
5/5

Beats - 4.5/5
Lyrics - 5/5
Overall - 4.5/5

A great follow up to a classic, the beats aren't better than liquid swords but they are great, don't get me wrong. Lyrics on this album are SHARP. No wack lyrics, Gza does NOT play. I love how he put all his BK niggaz on, they all came HARD NO WACK LYRICS. They should've formed a team with Gza as the leader, this is a Superior
album. ****Overall 4.5/5**** ****Certified Wu-Banger****

spiggity_ace
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
the beats are better than liquid swords but they
are great, don't get me wrong. [/COLOR]
[/FONT]
were u tryin to say beats arent better? wut u wrote makes no sense lol, but ur review was on point , id give beneath the surface, the song a 5/5 i thot that was the best on the album

Hollow Dartz
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
yeah, thanks.

portis24
07-27-2008, 11:33 PM
seeing that review makes me wanna go back and listen to it again

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-28-2008, 01:57 AM
A great follow up to a classic, the beats aren't better than liquid swords but they are great, don't get me wrong. Lyrics on this album are SHARP. No wack lyrics, Gza does NOT play. I love how he put all his BK niggaz on, they all came HARD NO WACK LYRICS. They should've formed a team with Gza as the leader, this is a Superior
album. ****Overall 4.5/5**** ****Certified Wu-Banger****

this is album is one of my favorites concures with Hollow Dartz everything is sharp as fuck i mean GZA went hard and the production shined allot. i mean you saw the beginning of allot of artist on here such as Hell Razah. but yeah i remember copping this around the same time as copping sunz of man and you know 1999 was good year for the wu.

Surreptitious
07-28-2008, 02:11 AM
I love this album, but I could not have been more dissapointed with theMethod Man track, considering their first duo was Shadowboxin

Thug Strength
08-05-2008, 05:07 PM
yup. ima take it a step further and say this is the best wutang solo album yet. yeah i said it. maybe more people would wake up to this if they didnt sheepishly tout OB4CL and LS as such because it's the "unquestionable truth" and the "right" thing to do. BTS is a better overall album than both and a simply superior listening experience. sonically explosive and lyrically sharp, it's the most mature and consistent wutang release according to me.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
^ While some people do just follow like sheep and call certain albums classics because they're regarded as such by most, you're a dick to suggest that everyone does this and we're all just pretending they're our favourites. This album is one of my favourites, I just happen to prefer LS. If everyone on earth said this was better then I'd still prefer LS.

9.4/10. One waffer thin mint away from classic.

staycreepin_n_silence
03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
dope

Drunken Monk
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
This Is A Fucking Banger

killabee313
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
pretty good.I liked "Liquid Swords" alot better but "Beneath The Surface" wuzz also a real good one.

IrOnMaN
05-04-2009, 11:57 AM
BTS is one of my favorite albums. 4.8/5

The Hound
05-05-2009, 04:23 AM
I can't believe some fag voted it wack. This is on par with GAR as the most underrated Wu solo album.

Skits ruin it, imo.

8.5/10

tigermilk
09-18-2009, 10:40 PM
1. Intro
2. Amplified Sample (5) (I remember when I first got my car, this was the first song I played because the bass blows up the speaker like a mutha)
3. Beneath The Surface (5)
4. skit
5. skit (a skit following another skit, what the hell?)
6. Crash Your Crew (4)
7. Breaker, Breaker (3.5) (can get a bit annoying, but still ok)
8. High Price, Small Reward (5) (awesome)
9. Hip Hop Fury (4.5)
10. skit
11. 1112 (5)
12. skit (enough with these horrible skits already!!)
13. Victim (2)
14. Publicity (4)
15. Feel Like an Enemy (4)
16. Stringplay (Like This Like That (3)
17. Mic Trippin (5)
18. Outro (3)