PDA

View Full Version : Equation...

blackwisdom
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Jack and Jill were planning a skying trip up the hill. The trip cost $45.00 per person. As the week went by Jill decided not to go up the hill. It was time to pay the money so Jack wrote a $45.00 check to John to pay for the trip. On the way to John Jill called Jack and told him that she wanted to go on the trip. When Jack got to John he took the check that he had already filled out for $45.00 and lined it out and penned in $90.00 to cover Jill and his ticket. The day before the trip Jill decided not to go on the trip up the hill. Jack went to John and John gave Jack $45.00 cash back for Jill's ticket, since she's wasn't going anymore. When the trip was over Jack called John to see if he had tried to cash the check. John said no because he couldn't cash the check with Jack linning it out.

Now John has a check for $90.00 that he can't cash.

John gave Jack $45.00 back for Jill's ticket thinking that the check would clear.

Jack still owes John $45.00 for his ticket because the $90.00 check couldn't get cleared.

How do we solve this problem?

a) Jack write a check for $90.00 to repay John back for the $45.00 that John gave Jack back for Jill's ticket (because she didn't go) and $45.00 for his ticket to cover the $90.00 check that couldn't clear.

b) Jack pays John $45.00 to cover his ticket.

c) Other.

Take this seriously please, I need a real answer.

Take it easy
Peace

Sweet6
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I'll suck your dick for $45

num2son
10-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Crap this is like a test I use to take back in high school................:?

num2son
10-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Jack pays the 45.00 to John in cash.

John gives back the check to Jack and null invoid it.

The names got me confused.

Prolifical ENG
10-18-2005, 08:15 PM
On the way to John Jill called Jack and told him that she wanted to go on the trip.

this line needs clarification. The punctuation makes it tricky. Is John a place or a person?

Prolifical ENG
10-18-2005, 08:23 PM
wait I got it.

its A

since Jack owes $90 since John gave him $45 thinking the check cleared and Jack has to pay $45 for his own ticket.

That means $90 should do it (Jack to John).

num2son
10-18-2005, 08:26 PM
^^^^I think thats right. Props Pro Eng.

Dae Ja Nae
10-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Jack and Jill were planning a skying trip up the hill. The trip cost $45.00 per person. As the week went by Jill decided not to go up the hill. It was time to pay the money so Jack wrote a $45.00 check to John to pay for the trip. On the way to John Jill called Jack and told him that she wanted to go on the trip. When Jack got to John he took the check that he had already filled out for $45.00 and lined it out and penned in $90.00 to cover Jill and his ticket. The day before the trip Jill decided not to go on the trip up the hill. Jack went to John and John gave Jack $45.00 cash back for Jill's ticket, since she's wasn't going anymore. When the trip was over Jack called John to see if he had tried to cash the check. John said no because he couldn't cash the check with Jack linning it out.

John gave Jack $45.00 back for Jill's ticket thinking that the check would clear.

Jack still owes John $45.00 for his ticket because the $90.00 check couldn't get cleared.

a) Jack write a check for $90.00 to repay John back for the $45.00 that John gave Jack back for Jill's ticket (because she didn't go) and $45.00 for his ticket to cover the $90.00 check that couldn't clear.

b) Jack pays John $45.00 to cover his ticket ( and Jack needs to John to give him his check back)

c) Other.

Take it easy
Peace
^^^

num2son
10-18-2005, 08:31 PM
A and B are logical answers

C could be "I'll see you in court Jack"

Dae Ja Nae
10-18-2005, 08:36 PM

b) Jack pays John $45.00 to cover his ticket ( and Jack needs to John to give him his check back)

c) Other.

Take it easy
Peace^^^

edit ... no Prolifical ENG is correct. Jack owes John 90.00 because he should have never recieved the 45.00 that John gave him for Jill being that the check didn't clear. That being so, John wrongfull refunded to Jack 45.00 which make him -45.00.

Jack owes John the 45.00 for the incorrect refund + 45.00 for his ticket as well.

Total 90.00

Dae Ja Nae
10-18-2005, 08:38 PM

b) Jack pays John $45.00 to cover his ticket

c) Other.

Take it easy
Peace^^^

Prolifical ENG is correct. Jack owes John 90.00 because he should have never recieved the 45.00 that John gave him for Jill being that the check didn't clear. That being so, John wrongfull refunded to Jack 45.00 which make him -45.00.

Jack owes John the 45.00 for the incorrect refund + 45.00 for his ticket as well.

Total 90.00

Dae Ja Nae
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM

b) Jack pays John $45.00 to cover his ticket

c) Other.

Take it easy
Peace^^^

Jack owes John 90.00 because he should have never recieved the 45.00 that John gave him for Jill being that the check didn't clear. That being so, John wrongfull refunded to Jack 45.00 which make him -45.00.

Total 90.00

TUCO
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM
math sucks

Dae Ja Nae
10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
wait I got it.

its A

since Jack owes $90 since John gave him $45 thinking the check cleared and Jack has to pay $45 for his own ticket.

That means $90 should do it (Jack to John).
haha ... you go boy!!!

blackwisdom
10-18-2005, 08:54 PM
this line needs clarification. The punctuation makes it tricky. Is John a place or a person?John is the person that the money is owed to.

blackwisdom
10-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks folk. I was telling people that a) was right, but they swore out that b) was. My neighbor came in and explained it to them now we're on the same page.

Take it easy
Peace