PDA

View Full Version : Am i alone in wanting wutang to stop making music

TSA
03-15-2011, 05:54 AM
dude, Inception was a good movie, but i don't want that shit to drag on for fucking 18 years straight.

it's over. Just let it be.

I made a Wutang Station on my pandora

hot ASS.

90% of it is hot ASS. Every now and then it plays something from the real wutang (wutang before the 2000s) but it helped solidify the fact that the total inability to call it quits has caused the vast majority of music under the wutang umbrella to be geriatric castrated bullshit.

even good wutang songs in 2011 suck. Not cause of a lack of quality, but for the fact that if a movie drug on for 18 years ANY scene past the 24th hour of this movie will suck cause wtf let alone the 18th year.

Just let it be wutang, you did good, chill the fuck out lol.

TSA
03-15-2011, 05:56 AM
i like pasta, but i ain't gonna eat pasta for 18 years straight. wtf. and it isn't cause i hate wutang.

you can tell someone to get a beatles album and they're likely to get a straight banger at random pick.

but i get legions of niggas that go 'yeah i both one of their albums once and wasn't feeling it' concerning wu
then i go which one did you get
then they say some shit like 'big doe rehab or something'

then you're all 'no you have to get the shit from _____________

but then it's like dude, why even try, is big doe rehab not wu?

had these niggas shut the fuck up after supreme clientele they would have the most amazing catalog in rap alongside big and pac.

MaskedAvenger
03-15-2011, 06:07 AM
http://theartblog.org/blog/wp-content/uploaded/bekman_strauss_we_love_having_you_here.jpg

03-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Yes, you are:b.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
03-15-2011, 06:20 AM
youre alone on this one,straight up

Jin10304
03-15-2011, 06:32 AM
If you want them to stop, considering no one here will 'join you', you may as well leave the forums to be stop being reminded Wu is still making music in 2011 and beyond.

trickal
03-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Am i alone in wanting wutang to stop making music

YES.

in case you forgot Wu-Tang is forever dummy

TAURO
03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
dude, Inception was a good movie, but i don't want that shit to drag on for fucking 18 years straight.

it's over. Just let it be.

I made a Wutang Station on my pandora

hot ASS.

90% of it is hot ASS. Every now and then it plays something from the real wutang (wutang before the 2000s) but it helped solidify the fact that the total inability to call it quits has caused the vast majority of music under the wutang umbrella to be geriatric castrated bullshit.

even good wutang songs in 2011 suck. Not cause of a lack of quality, but for the fact that if a movie drug on for 18 years ANY scene past the 24th hour of this movie will suck cause wtf let alone the 18th year.

Just let it be wutang, you did good, chill the fuck out lol.

Everytime you make a thread like this you end up coming off as sad and pathetic. Why would you spend hours of your time talking to people in a forum to a group you no longer like?

Don't give me that "I still like their old shit" shtick cos you've been here long enough to have covered all those topics in the past.

You like this place because you value your e-friends, ok well why don't you stay in your lane and don't post outside of gen chat.

in other words...stay the fuck outta wu chamber.

jsofunky
03-15-2011, 08:56 AM
you r alone on dis one my man

RADIOACTIVE MAN
03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
bong bong

silent_whistler_uk
03-15-2011, 11:19 AM
sorry TSA but that was a pretty dumb move....

beautifulrock
03-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Name another group still making new, relevant music after 18 years. I'll wait.

Don't say the Rolling Stones, their stuff sucks now.

TSA
03-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Everytime you make a thread like this you end up coming off as sad and pathetic. Why would you spend hours of your time talking to people in a forum to a group you no longer like?

Don't give me that "I still like their old shit" shtick cos you've been here long enough to have covered all those topics in the past.

You like this place because you value your e-friends, ok well why don't you stay in your lane and don't post outside of gen chat.

in other words...stay the fuck outta wu chamber.
maybe this burst of emotion is cause your a dog dick ape dick riding faggot and not cause im talking to internet ppl that also don't like wutang's new material but don't wanna acknowledge wutang has one of the worst discographies and longest records of fails in rap history.

who me?
none.

none, fucking none, you can't make good music for 18 years straight. It's impossible. You change, your estrogen levels reach greater equality with your testostrone levels. The person you are at 22 is essentially a different person from who you are at 40whatever.

i dont want wutang to make more music. They're murdering their own legacy because we have have a situation where 2/3s of all wutang albums are hated by fans and all around horrible.

I can still go back to the Tribe Called Quest or NWA discography, suggest them to someone and that person will pick up a great album. cause they cut it the fuck out while they were still on fire, or as they were declining

wutang is over. You can't call these guys the greatest rap group of all time when they have the longest track record of failed albums, failed singles, and failed members not just from a financial standpoint but a long term critical one as well.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-15-2011, 11:51 AM
people like what they like.

what about grateful dead?

Jamal Arief
03-15-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm fairly sure Tipper Gore is with you on this one!

And to stick with one of your metaphors: I'm eating pasta for 30 years now, and I have no plans of quitting. Not sure what makes you think you should listen to Wu-Tang every day, exclusively.

Peace.

beautifulrock
03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
maybe this burst of emotion is cause your a dog dick ape dick riding faggot and not cause im talking to internet ppl that also don't like wutang's new material but don't wanna acknowledge wutang has one of the worst discographies and longest records of fails in rap history.

who me?
none.

none, fucking none, you can't make good music for 18 years straight. It's impossible. You change, your estrogen levels reach greater equality with your testostrone levels. The person you are at 22 is essentially a different person from who you are at 40whatever.

i dont want wutang to make more music. They're murdering their own legacy because we have have a situation where 2/3s of all wutang albums are hated by fans and all around horrible.

I can still go back to the Tribe Called Quest or NWA discography, suggest them to someone and that person will pick up a great album. cause they cut it the fuck out while they were still on fire, or as they were declining

wutang is over. You can't call these guys the greatest rap group of all time when they have the longest track record of failed albums, failed singles, and failed members not just from a financial standpoint but a long term critical one as well.
That is your opinion. The opposite is actually the reality.

I have to ask, what is the point in undertaking this kind of trolling, where and how does it benefit you?

Wu-Tang has about 45 albums. Find 30 "horrible" ones and I'll give you a million dollars.

Undiluted Karma
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
i dont understand this rationale,
if a group makes wack music you dont need to listen to it, doesnt mean they should stop

btw werent youmaking comments about apollo kids satying it was good?

beautifulrock
03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Here TSA, this music is more your speed.

CD2LRROpph0
With speed being a metaphor for intelligence.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM

Heaps of groups made great music for over 20 years.

The Rolling Stones are actually a decent example.

I don't really see your point.

And TSA, it's pretty simple, just don't listen to their new music....

TSA
03-15-2011, 12:56 PM
That is your opinion. The opposite is actually the reality.

I have to ask, what is the point in undertaking this kind of trolling, where and how does it benefit you?

Wu-Tang has about 45 albums. Find 30 "horrible" ones and I'll give you a million dollars.
Bee-rock. Will you, on the life of your mother, promise to send me a more reasonable increment of money if i can name 30 horrible wutang albums because after work, i'll GLADLY do this for you if we can make a REAL substantial deal based on honesty and results.

I would like for you to put your money where your mouth is and ACTUALLY put money up for this challenge, i will gladly undertake it and donate the money to my local charity, then present you with proof.

Beerock, do you retract from your statement or do you want to post a more reasonable amount of money to commence the challenge because it is VERY easy to find 30 horrible wutang albums.

TSA
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Heaps of groups made great music for over 20 years.

The Rolling Stones are actually a decent example.

I don't really see your point.

And TSA, it's pretty simple, just don't listen to their new music....
the problem is im a firm believer in the poetic narrative of great pieces of art, and the lifetimes of their creators. I believe that both elements aid in better each other as a fan.

For instance. Triumpth is amazing. Triumph is especially amazing because in understanding of it's time it was the absolute peak of wutang greatness and SOUNDS like it. Cuban linx is great, but in context with it's era, and the story of what was happening to the artists at the time its a fucking god damn classic.

Sgt peppers was great, but what it MEANT to the time it existed in make it godbody.

so you get a string of albums that have a great point and can equally articulate the greatness of this point with superb quality and creativity as a discography then you have a championship fucking group.

but once you realize that only 2 out of 6 of an individuals artistic efforts are at all memorable or reputable, the 2 lose a little bit of their magic cause the artist is revealed as a total douche that sucks.

Like method man. Method man was only dope cause he was cool as fuck. and there's nothing wrong with that, it's not a put down, but he's making music after he's cool as fuck, and it's totally pointless. Now if i were to want to introduce a young dullah that likes music by ppl that are cool as fuck to Method man, a perfect match, i will have to realize that he has been cool for 2/3s of his career span but keeps making music.

fe1Xzxph5is
look how fucking cool this guy is. That's all it boils down to for him, he's not saying anything amazing, but he's saying it amazingly. Dude just glides.

Had he appreciated the poetic accent of bowing off stage we wouldn't be faced with the reality that most of his catalog doesn't look or sound like what we think of when we think method man. It looks and sounds like this.

rtqedHhYmi0

come on man. even if it's a good song, dude it's over, part of the greatest of a group is the end.

EAGLE EYE
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM

CD2LRROpph0

hahahahahahahahahaha!!

good clean fun with no alcohol being consumed!!

TSA
03-15-2011, 01:12 PM

CD2LRROpph0
you didn't use the word speed metaphorically in the original sentence and the follow-up sentence only proved you don't know what a metaphor is.

You know what happened when the Roman empire tried to continue after it's respective era of glory?

Roman Catholicism. im just saying.

TSA
03-15-2011, 01:21 PM
ok, here, if you DONT believe me, and wutang doesn't totally agree go to a wutang concert

they perform their GOD tracks, the energy is fucking blowsac bannanas and you leave knowing you were 93 million miles from the first rough turbulence
BECAUSE they pretend the post Supreme Clientele era doesn't exist. The newest song you're likely to hear will be Gravel Pit.

but what if they REALLY acknowledged tracks from "8 Diagrams"

what if YOU were as disadvantaged as some of the ppl that get introduced to wu now. what if YOU went to a record store and the first wu song you heard was "Tar Pit".

wutangclan97chamber
03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
what if YOU were as disadvantaged as some of the ppl that get introduced to wu now. what if YOU went to a record store and the first wu song you heard was "Tar Pit".

lol why would it be tar pit. it would be campfire and that song is dope as fuck. im young and i have friends who have just started listening to wu, and they pretty much like it all.

yes, you are alone

beautifulrock
03-15-2011, 04:07 PM
you didn't use the word speed metaphorically in the original sentence and the follow-up sentence only proved you don't know what a metaphor is.

You know what happened when the Roman empire tried to continue after it's respective era of glory?

Roman Catholicism. im just saying.Actually I did use it as a metaphor because I said I did. That's how it became metaphor, and you are retarded.

Oh, I'm not amending anything as far as the bet goes. Go ahead and look. Then find a consensus of people who agree with you.

Ooops, no luck there.

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
are we counting affiliates? or just wu-tang clan albums and albums from 'generals'?

Luz
03-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I could fill a small lake with shitty affiliate albums, I think B-Rock meant generals and group albums only.

beautifulrock
03-15-2011, 04:38 PM
core members, that's why I said 45 albums and not 445.

Ohhhh, you see

XeHTgP8iwTk

How do you do that shit?

LoTec
03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
We should really only be talking about Wu-tang Clan albums or pre 97 solo's (they were basically clan albums) if you look at the 5 clan albums you cant tell me they're not the greatest hiphop group of all time.

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-15-2011, 07:15 PM
^outkast and the roots have a better group discography than wu-tang and calling all of the 5 pre-forever solos 'basically clan albums' is a fallacy.

even though they had guest appearances, they were all distinct from each other, and everything from the style of beats to the movie skits were all picked to highlight the personality of the artist.

they are definitely one of the best ever though, and even though tsa is clearly fucking with gullible motherfuckers with high blood pressure, he's right to say that shitty songs, poorly put together albums, and a ridiculous lack of work ethic/business acumen/promotional ability has definitely tarnished their legacy in the 2000s.

that and all the garbage ass fags with 'w' emblems and/or 'rza presents' on their albums.

june181972
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Was at one of The Rebirth Concerts, all early material.
Gotta give the people what they want though
Gotta factor in simple radio familiarity as well
This is also a testament to their undeniable legacy

Post Supreme Clientle?
Would have missed my favorite album of all time, No Said Date
No Made in Brooklyn, no Birth of a Prince, no Cuban Links II etc etc etc...
That wouldn't be a good look!

Despite their enormous commercial success, Wu-Tang has always had a "niche" element to their fan base.
(once heard someone say "Them dust head niggas ain't did shit since 36 Cahmbers") Go figure!
Their talent is too witty and unperdictable for many an ear
And can also be an acquired taste
(some people gotta be deprogrammed from "Top 40" radio)

Have they been batting 1000, of coarse not.
However, Wu still makes way way way too much good music to shut it down though

EAGLE EYE
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
(once heard someone say "Them dust head niggas ain't did shit since 36 Cahmbers") Go figure!
Their talent is too witty and unperdictable for many an ear

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhvgwni9741qa70eyo1_500.jpg

Mr. R&B
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
How many times are you going to bring this topic up?

You seem to have waaaay too much personal stock invested in the legacy of a Hip-Hop group.

You're acting as if they were your first crush and they rejected you and broke your heart or something.

I love Hip-Hop too, but jeez, slow down.

TSA
03-16-2011, 12:08 AM
core members, that's why I said 45 albums and not 445.

Ohhhh, you see

XeHTgP8iwTk

How do you do that shit?
you're bias, more humans like that song then tar pit, which features a former drug addict screaming to no beat for a peroid longer then the forgettable verses on it, was recorded in a sub par studio with inferior mixing, and has a 3 layer beat.

We should really only be talking about Wu-tang Clan albums or pre 97 solo's (they were basically clan albums) if you look at the 5 clan albums you cant tell me they're not the greatest hiphop group of all time.
i can easily tell you that cause NWA and Public enemy don't have a 'bad' song, let alone album, in the eyes of their fans. Most wu fans feel, that every wu memebr makes 1-2 good albums and 2-4 shit holes, and outside of a stannish few 36 and wu forever are the good labums and iron flang w and 8 diagrams were gay (though i like the W...i would NEVER rank it with 36 or forever)

you guys are in denial cause im not saying anything any of you dont say on a daily only im advocating wutang stop killing themselves and you think they still talk to each other.

dret.izm
03-16-2011, 12:27 AM
just stop listening then.

wu is still making fire though.

yeah theres some ridiculous shit they have put out but youknow.... thats what the 'skip' button is for.

pretty much the only people who listen to wu nowadays are people who have been listening for a while.... there not getting many new fans.

and people who have been listening to wu for a while want MORE wu.

because we like wu tangs music. you obviously dont

EAGLE EYE
03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
you're bias, more humans like that song then tar pit, which features a former drug addict screaming to no beat for a peroid longer then the forgettable verses on it, was recorded in a sub par studio with inferior mixing, and has a 3 layer beat.

Did you just insult the fucking GOD George Clinton?

Never do that again.

Jamal Arief
03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I love Tar Pit. One of the best tracks on the album.

And I really wonder how you only hear 3 tracks on the beat, when I hear about 6 (drums, bass, guitar, trumpet, flute and violin), plus vocals and effects.

Peace.

wutangclan97chamber
03-17-2011, 06:36 PM
pretty much the only people who listen to wu nowadays are people who have been listening for a while.... there not getting many new fans.

i know you were just saying that in general, but i know a lot of people that started listening to wu in the past half year

LoTec
03-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Did you just insult the fucking GOD George Clinton?

Never do that again.

this

TSA :fucku:

ratty mayonnaise
07-01-2011, 12:03 PM
im with TSA, i cant recall the last wu album i bought, or even a track that i thought was mind blowing.. ;/

for some reason i still download all new wu releases,.. listen to them once, then delete them, hardly ever keeping a track..

going back 16 years upto 2004..
id use to go buy the album, with out sample tracks, then i couldnt wait, so i downloaded and then went and bought,.

wu tang, dont even sound like wu tang anymore :(