PDA

View Full Version : Raw Rap

tragedykhadafi12
10-19-2005, 08:37 AM
I was reading an interview in the source with az and he was saying that the reason why real rap isnt coming back is because the industry has the power and the money. I always thought the same thing because also look how mtv and bet dont really play that much anymore. I think they played method mans new video for about a week and ghostfaces too. I also think its the people too because there are so many people who only follow the new commercial stuff thats on tv and wont pay attention to anything else. Now that mobb deep are on g unit people are going to like them. But there are so many underground artists so they should be able to make an impact sooner or later. You got the hundred good artists in queensbridge the hundred good wu fam and others that are really good. Basically anyone who has some substance in their rhymes dont get recognized. Whats the deal? Maybe wu and mobb deep being on g unit can bring that back.

Stic.man4president?
10-19-2005, 08:44 AM
I wouldnt count on mobb deep
they only signed to g-unit for the money they dont give a fuck about bringing raw rap back
u should know that. P's been saying it since 96
'fuck rap I'm trying to make cream and that's that'

and wu, nas,...
should do that but I dont know how
cuz u said it urself mtv aint playing them

tragedykhadafi12
10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
I dont know did you read the new nas interview? He wants to make a big label and put a bunch of people on. He really needs to put qb artists on there like tragedy and lake and them. If he did that that would be real big.

Jeru
10-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Raw HipHop = MOP

tragedykhadafi12
10-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Yea new mop came out tuesday, any good? I heard it was.

brown_dogg
10-19-2005, 08:50 PM
yea how wuz tha MOP? it didn't sound to appealin to me.

Stic.man4president?
10-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Raw HipHop = MOP^^a bigass WORD

Stic.man4president?
10-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Yea new mop came out tuesday, any good? I heard it was.it is
it definatly is
I rate it a 9
one of the best I heard this year
Instigator, Party like a rockstar, suicide, pop shot rmx, hip hop cops, Put it in the air
all ill tracks
maybe 2 mediocre
and 1 wack

Stic.man4president?
10-20-2005, 10:50 AM
I dont know did you read the new nas interview? He wants to make a big label and put a bunch of people on. He really needs to put qb artists on there like tragedy and lake and them. If he did that that would be real big.nah didnt know that
arent lakey and nas beefin
lake made some sort of a diss track towards nas that's for sure

tragedykhadafi12
10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Nah that wasnt a diss track. It was just a way to ask nas why hes being so stupid. They are cool though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
I was reading an interview in the source with az and he was saying that the reason why real rap isnt coming back is because the industry has the power and the money..
son i dont need az to tell me that, every m.f know that shit.

fuck current hip hop, just ignore it, theres plenty of raw whit from the past to listen to

tragedykhadafi12
10-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I know that but I was just trying to tell you what i think.

Chichikov
10-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Haven't heard the new MOP, but I'm pretty sure it won't top the '96 Firing Squad. And it's like that with everybody. The last album I really felt was Dead Prez RBG.

Warcloud Ish
10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
New M.O.P is ALRIGHT considering the shit that gets released now a days.....but DONT KID YA SELF, this does not COMPARE to To The Death, Firing Squad, First fam and even warriorz.....lyrics are on point as ever but the majority of beats lack classic MOP flava.... there arnt really any classic Mash Out Anthems like F.A.G., Hilltop Flava, Stick to Ya Gunz, Rugged Neva Smooth, How About Some Hardcore, 4 Alarm Blaze, Home Sweet Home, Ante Up, Downtown Swinga, Fly Nigga Hill Figga, World Famous, New Jack City, etc., etc

Best Tracks for real MOP Heads:

Suicide
Pop Shots Remix (Been waiting for an ODB/MOP collab my whole life, i can now die happy)
Muddy Waters
Instigator
Take a Minute
G-Boy Stance

Warcloud Ish
10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Oh and anyone thats fiending for some raw hip hop.....CIRCLE OF TYRANTS.......dont sleep

tragedykhadafi12
10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Queensbridge dont sleep. There are like a hundred artists that are nasty

Stic.man4president?
10-22-2005, 06:16 AM
New M.O.P is ALRIGHT considering the shit that gets released now a days.....but DONT KID YA SELF, this does not COMPARE to To The Death, Firing Squad, First fam and even warriorz.....lyrics are on point as ever but the majority of beats lack classic MOP flava.... there arnt really any classic Mash Out Anthems like F.A.G., Hilltop Flava, Stick to Ya Gunz, Rugged Neva Smooth, How About Some Hardcore, 4 Alarm Blaze, Home Sweet Home, Ante Up, Downtown Swinga, Fly Nigga Hill Figga, World Famous, New Jack City, etc., etc

Best Tracks for real MOP Heads:

Suicide
Pop Shots Remix (Been waiting for an ODB/MOP collab my whole life, i can now die happy)
Muddy Waters
Instigator
Take a Minute
G-Boy Stanceof course it cant top to the death
to the death is close 2 a classic for me

and they cant be classics cuz they just released the album
but I think 'put it in the air' has the potential to become a classic
the beat is raw and jigga has one fine guest app.

that's why 'put it in the air' should also be on that list
and hip hop cops 2 imo
and pop shots rmx doesnt have the whole mop on it it's just Fame feat. odb
billy aint on it