PDA

View Full Version : question for all the underground hip-hop fans

Fatal Guillotine
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
do any of you guys here know of a good magazine that caters to the underground music scene

i remember years ago, there was this magazine called URB but i dont know what became of it

and there was once another one that had sections for graffiti, and interviews with underground rappers

Durag
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
R.I.P Hip-Hop Connection, one of the best hip-hop magazines ever. The whole magazine scene is dying really, there were a lot of dope underground hip-hop mags years ago, but they all had a short life span e.g. Rap pages, but Hip-Hop Connection was the first ever major one i think (started in '88 in the UK) before The Source, but they were clearly feeling the pinch. Shame really.

I dont really know of any now, the interent has really destroyed the magazine culture.

Taskmaster2112
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
It's not just a hip hop magazine, but if you like music in general you should be reading Wax Poetics. It's bimonthly, and maybe 20% of their coverage is hip hop old and new, with the rest being funk, soul, jazz, reggae, a bit of rock, and tons of other dope stuff. I read every issue cover to cover even if I haven't heard of the artists being talked about in every article. Its turned me onto a lot of great artists that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise.

Fatal Guillotine
03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
hip-hop need to go back to it essence, since the age of technology it has been more accesible to pull up interviews and album reviews....its very rare to not have access to the computer nowadays

Fatal Guillotine
03-29-2011, 01:32 PM
the source is has watered down its content and replace it with fashion advertisements