PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Len (Company Flow) - "Pity The Fool" LP

claaa7
04-03-2011, 05:14 AM
how many of y'all has heard this album, it was released in 2001 and this was at the start of my period where i wasn't banging as much Nas, Mobb Deep and Wu for a while. I got fond memories of this album since i traded the double LP of "Pity the Fool" for something with one of my absolutely closest friends who sadly died from an accidental OD in 2005, only 19 years old - Rest in peace Rickard "Slick Rick" Blomström, i still miss you.

the album is completely produced by Mr. Len and features some of the best underground artists at the time like Juggaknots, Jean Grae (she's on four tracks and this was her first apperances ever i believe), Chubb Rock, Mr. Live, Kice Of Course and others. some tracks are mixed by Prince Paul and some by Don Newkirk so the sound is very fine. not all tracks are great but there's some that are absolutely incredible.

the thing is that it's out of print and is even hard to find on the internet (even youtube only has 3 of the 13 tracks). i found two links and they were fucking WMA files in 128 kbps but i got a rip since way back altho it's sadly in 128 too but it's mp3 and definitely listenable. i'm thinking about uploading it to my blog but just wondering if there's any interest or if you have heard it i would like to discuss this album.

Gu8byoPkPe0
^ this is fucking crazy story-telling!!

z0yuOjLic7E
^ this is one of my favorites from the album, always gets you hyped when you got problem with a girlfriend or an ex.

and this is for my friend, the last verse is dedicated to him:

XWFNgM8l5lY

dad
04-03-2011, 05:30 AM
im bout to get this mr len,
rest in peace to your homie slick rick!
is that you rapping?

claaa7
04-03-2011, 07:17 AM
^ aight nice, i'll upload it on my blog tonight.

nah it's not me rapping but it's a very close friend of mine, and also the guy who made the beat are close to me. that track was made in 2007 but they got alot better now, check out their most recent video (we just filmed another video last weekend, the cops came and tried to break it up and everything haha. but it has to be edited but it will be out soon and it's gonna be ill):

sBtCRY6veGo

dad
04-03-2011, 01:51 PM
the song is dope. i seen it last night. they shout out slick rick again too.

GZAjector
04-03-2011, 02:04 PM
i remember i was high as fuck in Tower Records, and i bought this Lp on accident, thinking it was a Mr. Lif album haha

shit was alright, i don't know what happened to my copy though, i haven't heard it in like 7 or 8 years probably

GhettoGnom
04-03-2011, 03:11 PM
^Rofl

Downloading now, sounds interesting.
I can get you a v0 version if you want, claaa..

claaa7
04-03-2011, 03:48 PM
^ what are you downloading Gnom, what'a a V0?
do you mean the Mr. Len album bc i struggled my ass off and found two links, both WMA files and then finally a 128 kbps that was not tagged at all so i fixed all that. but if you got a VBR or 192 kbps i'll gladly take it.

Miliato
04-03-2011, 05:36 PM
claaa keep me posted on when that goes up..im 100% interested...thanks for the info

claaa7
04-03-2011, 05:40 PM
no problem my man.. i will post it sometime tomorrow, probably around this time. i decided to post the Dr. Dre produced Snoop Dogg compilation instead and i've done several other updates today so that's enuff for today. check out the new videos by MOP, MC Eiht that i posted and the above mentioned compilation. plus new video from AG, etc.

GhettoGnom
04-04-2011, 09:51 AM
^ what are you downloading Gnom, what'a a V0?
do you mean the Mr. Len album bc i struggled my ass off and found two links, both WMA files and then finally a 128 kbps that was not tagged at all so i fixed all that. but if you got a VBR or 192 kbps i'll gladly take it.

Yupp..

They had a flac of it as well, but with only one seed and my crappy internet connection, I went for the v0..

I'll up the v0 tomorrow (probably).

I can also get Class-X from 2003, does anyone know what it is?

claaa7
04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
ah ok, i don't know what a V0 is but i guess it's better than a 128 kbps mp3 file but weaker than FLAC lol. but it's an mp3 file still? do that tho thx.

never checked for it on torrent actually, i rarely download music that way. the one from 2003 is a Company Flow remix/tribute tape. it's cool but not very rare.

GhettoGnom
04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
^ Once you get yourself a private tracker account, it's easily the best way of getting rare albums (I don't know how soulseek is nowadays?)..

Basically, vbr is either v0 or v2, scene rips are in v2, v0 is superior to v2.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I remember looking for this and not finding it for a long while. I eventually downloaded it on slsk last year.

I heard the Taco Day track when it first dropped and only later did I venture to find the album it was on.

dad
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
^ Once you get yourself a private tracker account, it's easily the best way of getting rare albums (I don't know how soulseek is nowadays?)..

Basically, vbr is either v0 or v2, scene rips are in v2, v0 is superior to v2.

Soulseek is still dope...

claaa7
04-05-2011, 02:42 PM
the link is up for anyone interested, link is in my sig

Miliato
04-06-2011, 04:02 PM
thanks man

fatboybrandon
04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I feel like I haven't heard enough of Len's work so this thread is useful, thanks claaa7. I remember Stretch & Bobbito playing Company Flow music to death in the 90's so I might have taken all of it for granted know that I look back.

I remember Mr. Len being a co-host on the Squeeze Radio show after Stretch & Bob left the station, he's a good DJ too.