PDA

View Full Version : c7 pres. Snoop + Dre - "Doggystyle II: The Doggumentary"

claaa7
04-03-2011, 05:32 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uypJp15UQqs/TZjT8Wn-TFI/AAAAAAAAAKc/v3pJa0wcF4Q/s320/00-snoop_dogg_-_doggystyle_II__the_doggumentary.jpg
...This ain’t a review for '2001' or a resume of LA’s finest's accomplishments and as much as you might want me to shut up and just give you the goddamn music then you misunderstood this blog completely. The internet is already full of mindless bullshit blogs that just throw up full albums without even giving a motivation to why. You will never see a full retail album on here unless its out-of-print. You will however find the best compilations on the net @ The Lost Tapes; if you find a better site I’ll donate my lungs to a rasta. But OK I’ll get to the point:

Since '2001' Dre has produced ten tracks for three Snoop albums as well as a few other songs Tha Dogg jumped on as a guest MC. All in all we got 13 tracks and I test drove it earlier and the shit knocks hard; the chemistry is still there to the pleasures of our ears. This is the good ol' Dre, not the run-as-fast-i-can-towards-and-knock-my-head-on-the-grain, "I Need A Doctor" Doc. The only song missing is “Bitch Please II” since I found it to similar to the first part which of course is included. All songs were originally released between 1999 and 2006 and if you don't know who produced them yet then go ahead and shoot yourself. Oh and one last thing, Snoop pissed a lot of people off when he announced that his new album would be called ‘Doggystyle II: The Doggumentary’ and be produced by Swizz Beats!! Wtf?!! Luckily he ditched the Doggystyle II from his Doggumentary, but I didn’t.

01. "Intro"
02. "Buck 'Em" (Ft. Sticky Fingaz)
03. "Bitch Please" (Ft. Xzibit)
04. "Hennesey N Buddah"
05. "Chin Check" (Ft. NWA 2000)
06. "Boss Life"
07. "True Lies"
08. "Lay Low" (Ft. Nate Dogg, Tha Eastsidaz, Master P & Butch Cassidy)
09. "Losin' Your Mind" (Ft. Xzibit)
10. "Round Here"
11. "The Wash" (Ft. Dr. Dre) [co-prod. by DJ Quik]
12. "Just Dippin'" (Ft. Dr. Dre & Jewell)
13. "Imagine" (Ft. Dr. Dre & D'Angelo)

also includes a separate link to the original "Zoom" that featured Snoop instead of LL. check the sig

claaa7
04-03-2011, 06:00 PM
damn i forgot the Warren G track "Game Don't Wait" from 1999, it was produced by Dre and featured Snoop, Nate Dogg, Dre and Xzibit. i uploaded it now and tagged it and added the cover and everything but it's a separate link. it will have to be a bonus track lol

djskillz
04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
i've never heard that track with sticky fingaz. what's it from originally?

INF
04-03-2011, 06:12 PM
the zoom link is titled like that album .... is it just the zoom mp3?

claaa7
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
nah i must've made a mistake. i'll fix it right away and djskillz that song is from Snoop's album "No Limit Top Dogg"

djskillz
04-03-2011, 06:21 PM
^thanks.

claaa7
04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
all three links are working now

claaa7
04-03-2011, 06:25 PM
^thanks.

even if you already heard all the other songs you should definitely try hearing all these together as an album. Dre and Snoop are amazing together, it's a shame we only got "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" really so these 14 tracks are a perfect complement (16 if you add "Zoom" and "Bitch Please II").

djskillz
04-03-2011, 06:36 PM
it's funny because the dre track is usually my favorite song on snoop's albums. round here is a classic, bitch please, imagine, boss' life (the nate dogg version), etc. it's a shame we haven't gotten another complete lp from them.

djskillz
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
sidenote: I never knew The Wash was co-produced by Quik. Damn.

INF
04-03-2011, 06:57 PM
cool.thanks C7.you be holding it down.

claaa7
04-04-2011, 03:29 AM
it's funny because the dre track is usually my favorite song on snoop's albums. round here is a classic, bitch please, imagine, boss' life (the nate dogg version), etc. it's a shame we haven't gotten another complete lp from them.

yeah that's how i've been feeling too, yet he only had Dre on three albums since 'Doggystyle', and then there's the additional 5 songs i posted + "Bitch Please II" and four tracks from "2001" and that's it past '94.

Snoop's collabos with DJ Premier and Hi-Tek are real dope shit and one of my favorites are the one that opens up the 'Blue Carpet Treatment' LP (which was a solid LP for sure):

-Rn2HXrqUBA

btw, can you hook up the Boss Life version w. Nate Dogg, never heard that.

peace INF

JASPER BEARDLY
04-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Imagine is my favorite dre song

claaa7
04-04-2011, 04:05 AM
yeah one of mine too.. i was absolutely BLOWN AWAY when i heard that after i played through "B.C.T." for the first time, then i kept repeating it again and again. it's also further proof that D'Angelo is the best soul singer of our time AND he still got it despite all the bullshit he's been going through. i still have hopes for his next album, altho i don't expect another "Voodoo" (which would be like expecting GZA to make another album as dope as "Liquid Swords")

JASPER BEARDLY
04-04-2011, 04:10 AM
What are dangelos best albums? Should I just start from the beginning?

Same about imagine. Awesome when thy finished an episode of entourage with it and this season when they finished one with above the clouds Good music on that show they've had masta killa odb n rzas old man on it too

claaa7
04-04-2011, 04:23 AM
D'Angelo only made two albums, his debut in 1995 which is "Brown Sugar" and is a cool album but in 2000 he dropped the monster "VOODOO". they recorded on that over at Electric Ladyland studios for over three years and everybody came through to see them work, the whole "neo-soul movement" with The Roots, Dilla, Common, Tribe, Erykah, Raphael Saadiq, etc. altho he's not credited Dilla made alot of beats that they played over with live instruments (D'Angelo is a multi-instrumentalist as well, and ?uestlove played all the drums), and Q-Tip hooked up "Left & Right" which features Method Man and Redman. DJ Premier produces a real banger in "Devil's Pie" bc D'Angelo is street too. sadly the pressure of the success of that album kinda drove him into insanity or something like that. you must hear that album, one of the best of the 2000 decade, period

JASPER BEARDLY
04-04-2011, 04:26 AM
I definitely will thanks and once again fuck the industry. Must be annoyinG knowing if you sold out you'd make a hundredfold the money you are making.

claaa7
04-04-2011, 04:32 AM
true, but that's one of the things that was so cool about D'Angelo, he only really cared about his art. "Brown Sugar" came out in '95 and sold like a million i think and he could've easily capitalized by making a similiar record in 1996 and making another million but instead he worked on his album to make it absolutely perfect until 1999! and it was! but enough talk about him now haha, this is a Snoop & Dre thread so to bring it back on track:

kG_qcud1ShM

JASPER BEARDLY
04-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Haha that's what makes me respect the artists we like that much more, the fact that they don't sell out

I wonder how heavy snoops involvement on detox is

claaa7
04-04-2011, 05:24 AM
^ well he was on "Kush" but if 'Detox' sounds anything like "I Need A Doctor", "Chilling" and all that bullshit then i don't really care.

djskillz
04-04-2011, 06:54 AM
yeah that's how i've been feeling too, yet he only had Dre on three albums since 'Doggystyle', and then there's the additional 5 songs i posted + "Bitch Please II" and four tracks from "2001" and that's it past '94.

Snoop's collabos with DJ Premier and Hi-Tek are real dope shit and one of my favorites are the one that opens up the 'Blue Carpet Treatment' LP (which was a solid LP for sure):

-Rn2HXrqUBA

btw, can you hook up the Boss Life version w. Nate Dogg, never heard that.

peace INF

check your PMs for the boss life w/ nate dogg.

claaa7
04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
thanks DjSkillz, that version is definitely better. Nate Dogg is a true legend, Rest in power!! I personally didn't have a problem with Akon, I actually liked him when he first came out but then EVERYBODY and their mother wanted to have him on their single and he sounded exactly the same on everything. plus all that Konvict Music tag he did was getting disturbing... when he first hit he was dope tho, "Locked Up" and those tracks.

djskillz
04-04-2011, 08:04 AM
^I definitely agree. I still bump his first album from time to time.