PDA

View Full Version : Best Busta Rhymes album ?

INF
04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I recently got the Busta Catalog out and been bumping it for two weeks straight now. man , I been rolling with flipmode since the coming. There were times though that I had to give it a break. One of those breaks I took was when Anarchy dropped.

Anarchy is the sickest album in dudes catalog , to me. Its got EVERYTHING.

QU4MkRugX2E

I know we had a Busta Rhymes thread up in here a few weeks back talking about how mf's dont appreciate his catalog enough.

Anarchy needs its own thread. Shit is berserk.

INF
04-03-2011, 07:41 PM
3adD_KrQR_s

DMX rips that shit apart and then you got Jay-Z coming thru ?????!!!

cmon .....

Taskmaster2112
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
In my opinion, "The Coming" is his best album and his two albums with LONS are just as good.

INF
04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
the coming is classick , no doubt. only track I skip on there is hot fudge. the skit at the end of hot fudge is hilarious.

From the production to the guest to the theme ...Anarchy KILLS it for me.

APOLLO STASH
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
i always liked busta rhymes but i could never take him seriously as a consistent artist, raps over mediocre beats too much. i wish he could have just chilled the fuck out for a little bit and made a track with premo or pete rock. someone told me he's just like ODB which is bullshit. but in my opinion, he could have been way better throughout his career

Shiz36
04-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm an old school dude so "The Coming" and "When Disaster Strikes" are definitely my favorite albums. I always liked "Genesis" too.

muscularghandi
04-04-2011, 12:30 AM
The Coming and When Disaster Strikes are perfect, but E.L.E. is pretty nasty too.

Easily the nastiest song, they tease it at the beginning of the Woo Ha video... wish the whole video was this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GnRUSUWjhk

claaa7
04-04-2011, 03:59 AM
i always liked busta rhymes but i could never take him seriously as a consistent artist, raps over mediocre beats too much. i wish he could have just chilled the fuck out for a little bit and made a track with premo or pete rock. someone told me he's just like ODB which is bullshit. but in my opinion, he could have been way better throughout his career

well that's just a misunderstanding, there's other incredible producers than DJ Premier. i got all Busta albums and there's mad Jay Dee beats on there, Q-Tip, Pete Rock, Large Professor, Diamond D, Dr. Dre, DJ Scratch, Nottz, Rashad Smith, True Master, etc.. plus he's coming with one to three DJ Premier tracks on his next album. the only horrible album he made is his last one which had like two good songs and the rest were really, really wack but his other joints aren't like that at all.

"Anarchy" is underrated, but it has a little too much filler imo - altho as you say, it really has everything, from classic Dilla beats, club bangers, off the wall neck breakers, story telling joints with Roc Marciano and Wu-Tang + Large Pro on boards, the boom bap track with children singing the hook lol, Flipmode Squad posse cut, MOP rugged type joints. yeah it's a fucking good album, Roc Marciano helped go through all the beats and arranged the album with Busta.

"The Coming" is probably the best all-around effort, with every song being great but if you take the 13 best tracks from "Anarchy" that's prolly better so yeah.

"Genesis" is heat too, and so is "Big Bang"

JASPER BEARDLY
04-04-2011, 04:18 AM
You can't hold the torch is so dope. I think it depends on where you are, i remember angry suggested playing genesis in the car and he was right on it's perfect in the whip

claaa7
04-04-2011, 04:28 AM
The Coming and When Disaster Strikes are perfect, but E.L.E. is pretty nasty too.

Easily the nastiest song, they tease it at the beginning of the Woo Ha video... wish the whole video was this song.

HELL YEAH!!! that might be my favorite of the entire album too, i think it's Easy Mo Bee on the boards. the one he sampled is a true classic too, altho very different type of music. the way he flipped it is absolutely genius tho

oFU1YLEgmm8
(sample is at the end, around 5 minute mark or little before)

Jammin
04-04-2011, 05:06 AM
E.L.E., THE COMING, WHEN DISASTERS STRIKES ... i also like the first flipmode album

Shiz36
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I busted out "The Coming" last night after seeing this thread. I completely forgot about Flipmode vs Def Squad.

vTnOL-NGgd0

INF
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
yeah man flipmode vs def squad shits on every busta track

'if you need more information look listen and read as I sit back and roll another fat bag of weed.."

every time I bump the coming I pretty much skip straight to that cut and then go back and start the album again.shit is like CRACK.been CRACK.

Redman kills his shit on there too ... I never really heard a lazy Redman verse.

INF
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
HELL YEAH!!! that might be my favorite of the entire album too, i think it's Easy Mo Bee on the boards. the one he sampled is a true classic too, altho very different type of music. the way he flipped it is absolutely genius tho

oFU1YLEgmm8
(sample is at the end, around 5 minute mark or little before)

Sick!!!

the youtube got taken down so I had to go into my library to listen to the track but thats illlll.its only like 10 seconds or more worth of sample. :spin:

oldie
04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Anarchy is slamming front to back!!

CEITEDMOFO
04-04-2011, 09:20 PM
i busted out "the coming" last night after seeing this thread. I completely forgot about flipmode vs def squad.

vtnol-nggd0

^o^

9th Chamber
06-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Only album I haven't heard is It Ain't Safe No More. Any thoughts on that album? Worth a listen?

Edgar Erebus
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
^^ Yeah, worth a listen, but don't expect too much.

"The Coming" is the best solo album by far, and the first LONS is his only project that's certified classic.

KJR
05-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I've been bumping "Anarchy" recently and it's not nearly as good as his first three I think. The second half is actually much stronger than the first. It just feels a little too long and I'm not a big fan of the beats either. I think ELE might be my favorite Busta album.

Mr. R&B
05-19-2013, 07:27 PM
The Coming
When Disaster Strikes
Anarchy
E.L.E.
The Big Bang

^My top 5 Busta solo LPs.

I love T.I.M.E. as far as group/collab efforts go.

That shit is incredible IMO.

KJR
05-20-2013, 07:21 AM
The Coming
When Disaster Strikes
Anarchy
E.L.E.
The Big Bang

^My top 5 Busta solo LPs.

I love T.I.M.E. as far as group/collab efforts go.

That shit is incredible IMO.

Can you explain to me what appeals to you about Anarchy?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-20-2013, 04:35 PM

i used to be that guy that hyped when busta rhymes dropped a new album because i knew it was special ELE was my favorite and busta's last two ain't been great but majority of busta's catalog is amazing

The Coming a instant classic

When Disaster Stikes, ELE: The Final World Front, and Anarchy were all dope hell even Genesis & The Big Bang were tight