PDA

View Full Version : Posdunous thoughts?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
What are your thoughts on him?

I think he grew better lyrically as time went on but he's definetly underrated and rarely talked about.

oDoUoSoKo
04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
one of my favorite rappers of all time

Inspektah Meth-Tical
04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
What do you think are his best verses?

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Just an example but he is great
faiER856zQU

claaa7
04-05-2011, 10:54 AM
he's incredible, favorite line is still "FUCK BEING HARD; Posdnous is COMPLICATED" from "I Am I Be". that might also be my favorite verse of his but there's countless great verses, you could just pick whatever and it probably be great.

JYw0NnHDRzc

oDoUoSoKo
04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
ya i am i be, stakes is high, um..much more, and his older stuff is all on the level, one he never really surpassed or went under..very consistand and awesome

fav. album is de la soul is dead

Inspektah Meth-Tical
04-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Are you fan of the style of Posdunous where he doesn't rhyme a lot?

Visionz
04-06-2011, 02:25 AM
I think approaching hip hop likes its calculus homework is played out. De La is ill, quality music. Pay more attention to the lines vs the lines structure.

claaa7
04-06-2011, 02:57 AM
^ yes exactly, it's like i said plenty of times you could never tell an MC is ill by looking at a lyrics sheet. talented writer, sure but a good rapper? hell no.

both De La guys are dope and they are one of the groups that maintained a very consistant level of dopeness. even after Prince Paul left they proved they were extremely capable producers themeselves and always worked with the right guest producers. they never made a weak album imo.

RBhD5BsYwdI

avIqTrX2eac
^ one of the most creative and different rap videos EVER. i read an interview where either Dave or Pos revealed that it was one of them who wrote Redman's hook but they made sure to make it sound like Red of course.

ZxtW2yhxAkU
this is one of my favorite De La tracks of all time. gotta love the Ghost Weeeeed skits on those "AOI" albums too haha