PDA

View Full Version : IBM develops bacteria destroying nano particles

soul controller
04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/05/3182979.htm

From IBM, the people that brought you the holocaust, comes a great new strain of bacteria....
Great quotes from the article:

"Dr Hedrick says he cannot say with certainty that the nanoparticles will not attack other cells or organs."

"It can be dispersed as a liquid in water, as solid form or as a gel. We're really quite excited about the ramifications of all this."

diggy
04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
A potential weapon of war.

EAGLE EYE
04-05-2011, 08:36 PM
People can cry all they want about the nanotech era we are embarking on, but nothing will stop it.

Plus the medical benefits will drastically exceed any negative outcomes. Unless a gray-goo scenario becomes reality.

I'm a firm advocate for advancing technology in this field because it will help us evolve into a stronger, more resilient species. Luddites can eat a dick.

BornPower
04-05-2011, 09:29 PM
People can cry all they want about the nanotech era we are embarking on, but nothing will stop it.

Plus the medical benefits will drastically exceed any negative outcomes. Unless a gray-goo scenario becomes reality.

I'm a firm advocate for advancing technology in this field because it will help us evolve into a stronger, more resilient species. Luddites can eat a dick.

I respectfully disagree. Our government has a history of using modern technology for its own ends and not for the people's best interests. FLUORIDE AND CELL PHONES are great examples of this.

EAGLE EYE
04-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Pretty sure every single person in the U.S. government owns a cell phone, sometimes drinks tap water and ingests fluoride.

soul controller
04-06-2011, 02:57 AM
^^ cos 'everyone' does it, it makes it correct and just??

you missed the point of the previous post, those in power (govt and corperations) should not be trusted by the normal human being,

history should have shown you this.,

Edgar Erebus
04-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Is that normal human being the one that gets happy when someone else got laid off instead of him? The one that likes keeping guns and sometimes using them? The one that betrays the closest ones on the regular? Greedy, indolent and power obsessed human being? You would trust THAT? Compared to normal human beings, huge corporations and states look... well, perfectly human.

soul controller
04-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Is that normal human being the one that gets happy when someone else got laid off instead of him? The one that likes keeping guns and sometimes using them? The one that betrays the closest ones on the regular? Greedy, indolent and power obsessed human being? You would trust THAT? Compared to normal human beings, huge corporations and states look... well, perfectly human.

I do not class those sorts of 'people'/'persons' as human,. they are playing out roles in a fictional society controlled by statutes, / statutory acts, that they consent to, hence why they live like they do,.(living their roll of the fictional entity they are known as from their birth certificate)

humanbeings, im sure do not consent to any such statutes,and theirfor live more peacefully, well the ones i know and spend time with dont.

the way i see it is, common law is for humans, statutes are for those 'people'/'persons' who live by the capitalist/materialisitc system.

check it any legal dictionary. a person is not a human being.. hehe..
hence why i said humans initially.

peace

diggy
04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure every single person in the U.S. government owns a cell phone, sometimes drinks tap water and ingests fluoride.

Well we do not know this. Somebody months ago posted in a thread about a politician I think who did not own a celly. Considering that old people are sometimes resistant to the change around them, I'm guessing many politicians, most of who are old, probably as well don't own one.

As for tap water, who knows for sure? But I'm sure it's a part of their job to come into contact with information that most of us do not have regarding the state of their society including the information that their is fluride in the water and other things we do not know about. After knowing these things, they probably would not want to drink it.

WARPATH
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
People just show their ignorance when they start complaining about fluoride and tap water. As if it has anything to do with nano-machines (unless they start giving us nano's through the tap!)

Metal Gear Solid series has some good science fiction on what they might be able to do with nano-machines in the future. Mainly creating a some bad ass soldiers in the field that can sync their actions together, know where they're team mates are at all time and their status. Also help suppress hunger, bodily functions, and help heal wounds faster. It also shows how they can be controlled by a third party with the nano-machines and even pass around nano-virus that is designed to kill specific targets.

soul controller
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
that would be a good system/logo/mottp, nanos on tap!

i agree with all the benefits that this tech would bring, but going on the quotes, and the history of the govts on earth, only evil will come of this.