PDA

View Full Version : So Snoop has an album out.

Edgar Erebus
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Anyone listened to that? It's supposed to be a mixed bag, according to reviews. And apparently he still makes country songs.

INF
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I DL'd it about 4 days ago but still aint listened to it.Its been in my library gathering some dust.

oldie
04-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll never listen to any Snoop since Paid Tha Cost To Be Tha Boss

Everything after that is washed out pop music wit fuckin Pharell Williams who is kinda lame

KBOS
04-08-2011, 07:57 PM
this weed is mine with wiz is some old school snoop shit

snakesonawiggly
04-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Its a little on the long side but majority of the album slaps hard.

DirtMcgehrk
04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Its a little on the long side but majority of the album slaps hard.

I'd say that's the main downfall of the album. There are enough good tracks on it that it could have been a great 12-13 song album, but it's got 21 cuts on there and 7-8 of them are awful/mediocre.

"Gang Bang Rookie" has the catchiest piano loop I've heard in a while. Jake One on the production there no surprise.

EVtwPMnJ4gk

sickdog
04-08-2011, 11:55 PM
good album. not so good as blue carpt treatment but its still a good record.

KBOS
04-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I'd say that's the main downfall of the album. There are enough good tracks on it that it could have been a great 12-13 song album, but it's got 21 cuts on there and 7-8 of them are awful/mediocre.

"Gang Bang Rookie" has the catchiest piano loop I've heard in a while. Jake One on the production there no surprise.

EVtwPMnJ4gk

Word to Jake one hooking up that west coast ass flavor on this one

whitey
04-09-2011, 12:32 AM
yea people are selling snoop short these days. hes making grown ass man music. got a bunch of different stuff on the pallet.

its not g-funk, death row style snoop and some people don't really give it a chance because of that.

claaa7
04-09-2011, 03:58 AM
I'll never listen to any Snoop since Paid Tha Cost To Be Tha Boss

Everything after that is washed out pop music wit fuckin Pharell Williams who is kinda lame

you need to check out "The Blue Carpet Treatment" ASAP if you ask me, that was a well-rounded and banging album from 2006.

i haven't checked this one yet and while imo Snoop hasn't dropped a truly worthwhile album since the one i mentioned above he always has at least something for the heads on there.

claaa7
04-09-2011, 04:00 AM
looking through the credits on Discogs.com right now and i say it looks like it's worth giving this a shoot. a few Jake One, Fredwreck, DJ Battlecat and Mr. Porter tracks, DJ Khalil, Kanye West and even The Gorillaz has a song each.

hide1998
04-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Alot of folks are overly hard on Snoop. Not to say he hasn't had some "meh" albums, but alot of people act like Snoop only has one (maybe 2) great album.

This is definitely one of his best albums. It's not as good as Doggystyle (obviously), Last Meal, Top Dogg, or Paid, but it's better than all his other releases (including Blue Carpet, which was a pretty good album). I'd even go as far as to say it's a pinch more consistent than Top Dogg (but the best songs on that smash anything on Doggumentary).

One of the better albums of this year, but I doubt many on this forum will acknowledge that.

sickdog
04-09-2011, 10:35 AM
but it's better than all his other releases (including Blue Carpet, which was a pretty good album).

no.