PDA

View Full Version : Is religion man's most ridiculous creation?

noel411
10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
You can just vote if you want, or feel free to add any comments.

I sat down and thought about it for a minute, and decided that my answer would be "yes". I didn't really need to though, I came to a subconcious conclusion about this a long time ago.

There is simply no other form of man made lunacy that can compete on such a large scale.

CydonianArtifact
10-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Well, it was a great invention for those that created it to control the sheep ...

LHX
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
the moment the first lie was told

was the beginning of the end

Koolish
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
I know, the only purpose for religion is purely, to ruin everything in everyone's lives.

It's based on fear, propaganda, lies, and secrecy. What truth lies in there?

Like, 500 years ago, life wasn't that different than it was now, why were people so much more religious then? What did they do so differently in their lives that they saw religion as an answer?

It's too bad I'm religious, otherwise I would have committed suicide three times now.

Man's most ridiculous creation: is us. The young men/women of society, those who have been given keyboards and responsibility to form opinions not from experience, but from whatever the hell else we've read.
________
Gay fucking (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/623/fucking/videos/1)

Os3y3ris
10-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Its pretty bad, but my friend bought his girl a stuffed animal named something-chan, I forgot the name, thats a dolphin dressed in a removable bunny suit. The Japanese win by armbar.

hellbound
yes it is, but there are some relgions that don't have any fictional characters/places

Prolifical ENG
I put no.

Religions can today be said "a prison of wisdom" (dont attack me for this....it was a thread here before I have a neutral stance to the statement)

But religions throughout history did a lot of contributions to society. it is hard to imagine where humans would be without it.

LHX
10-19-2005, 10:38 PM
I put no.

Religions can today be said "a prison of wisdom" (dont attack me for this....it was a thread here before I have a neutral stance to the statement)

But religions throughout history did a lot of contributions to society. it is hard to imagine where humans would be without it.
yeah

they contributed 2 for every 7 they took

Prolifical ENG
10-19-2005, 10:42 PM
yeah

they contributed 2 for every 7 they took

yeah there are some negatives....

but when some natures of the universe wasnt known, what was the authorities in societies supposed to tell the people?

"WTF are those little light dots up in the sky when its dark?????"

"no one knows....but dont make up bullshit until it is known for sure"

"OMFG" *chaos*

noel411
10-20-2005, 07:27 AM
But religions throughout history did a lot of contributions to society. it is hard to imagine where humans would be without it. This is a concept I have often contemplated. It fascinates me to imagine no religions had even been introduced into society. It's a really interesting idea to ponder, when you consider that the whole concept of religion might have never been considered. I mean humans surely would have known nothing about where we came from, and what happens when we die, back when the concept of religion was introduced, and we still know nothing about either of the two. We have some suggestive scientific research, but nothing conclusive. But wow, look what we've all come to accept as a way of life, and concluded to have legitimate standings as a theory of spirituality!

Somewhere along the way somebody, or more likely a group of people, managed to convince others to follow what I imagine to have been some loosely based beliefs, and look where we are now..........A good part of the world now adheres to these beliefs, or variations of them, and a very good portion of them don't even know why, nor do they know the first thing about their prescribed religion. It's nuts! Then to make it even worse, these groups bicker amongst each other, as if their beliefs are more valid or relevant than the next variation of the original belief, and even go as far as to kill each other based on their beliefs. Wow! How did this happen? Crazy shit indeed.

It's hard, in fact impossible, to determine how the world would be without religion. Humans are naturally scumbags and ignorant selfish fools, so we surely would have come up with some other form of lunacy to waste our time on, divide us, and argue over. The world may or may not be in a better state. Nobody knows, nor will anybody ever know.

The thing that really fascinates me is how religion was able to form, and spread to what it is today. An intriguing thought indeed.

WU-KILLAH
10-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Weapons is the most fuckin ridiculous and desastrous creation.

noel411
10-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Weapons is the most fuckin ridiculous and desastrous creation.
Not at all a bad suggestion. I have pondered this before, and discussed it with others. In particular I consider guns to be up there as one of man's most ridiculous creations. I truly do hate the fucken things, most people who carry them, and even more so people who use them.

Religion still takes the cake for me though.

Prince Rai
10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
I put no.

scrollin down and i saw this..

i agree..

i answered no but wud have appreciated the choice of yes and no!

when we say religion we think...

CHRISTIANITY ISLAM JUDAISM mainly... and the stereotypes of CHRISTIANITY mailny to brand religion as some contradictional entity...

not all religions are what they seem.. they are way of life to HELP people and GUIDE people....

there are millions of so called religions...most of them a mere way of lifes tho...

ie...

i wake up inda mornin prepare to go uni.. i go lunch... be with mates.. come back home sleepp

thats a religion... because i am BOUND to what i do regularly!!

life needs some sort of guidance and the word guidance is not an evil one.. but one for interpretauion!

peace and blessingz

THE W
10-20-2005, 09:49 AM
i voted no but i've chnaged my mind to yes.

religion is about ritualism which is supposed to make one better than another if they practice this sort of thing or another. its more about reforming people then enlightening people and thats where the problem lies.

if all men were really created equal then religion is supposed to connect us with that. instead its used to show superiority based on following rules and rituals. it does not give the us knowledge of ourselves, our creator, and creation.

froth
10-20-2005, 11:44 AM
no

mic-cord-strangler
10-21-2005, 07:17 PM
HELL YES!!!

good topic

SubtleEnergies
10-21-2005, 08:24 PM
I totally disagree. I believe it is most valuable pusuit for humans.

I do believe most religions in the way they are practiced today are lunacy. However, this is because people don't understand religions. Maybe it should only be taught to initiates...

Who would call the Buddha's enlightenment lunacy? Or Muhammed a nut? Was Jesus a worthless lunatic?

Their words only lead astray those who would have found a way to lead themselves astray no matter what. But to the wise the same words can still be used to this day to reach self-actualisation.

Many shall come but few shall be chosen.

Fuck the many. They don't even realise it...and if 'orthodox' religions didn't exist they would create them! (Which is where religions we have came from, distorted teachings made by those who can't comprehend).

I think most people, religious or otherwise agree by Karma, God's Will, The Way or just the way the universe works...that you reap what you sow. So if we are confident in what we do, and believe someone else to be wrong...then they will get what they earnt and us ours.

SubtleEnergies
10-21-2005, 08:32 PM
The degree to which people will ignore what was taught to what they want religion to be can be seen everywhere.

Buddha who dismissed any type of god is Worshipped as a God.

Taoism where the fundamental text (Tao Teh Ching) says "don't make a religion of what I teach" is FULL of deity worship and rituals! Despite it actually saying "ritual is the lowest husk of man's righteousness."

Jesus who said to worship god has become to many God himself. From the dead see scrolls you can see Jesus actually resembled Taoists in not being huge on TELLING you specific things to do. Yet Catholics and Christians actually have covered up many authentic texts by Jesus himself (I wonder if they ask themselves what God will think?).

Muslims are throwing rocks at rocks and following Sunnah on things irrelevant to spiritual progress in some cases. Muslims have selectively ignored large parts of the Koran to build a social structure far removed from what it actually should be. Fundamentalists abound.

All religions have become messed up. Yet in each of these religions there are a very few who have understanding.

The Unknown Disciple
10-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I was on a thread somewhat like this last night, and I couldnt vote, so i aint gonna vote on this one because, I do aggree with parts of all religions, but disaggree with many too. But I would like to say if there was no religion there might not have a wu tang clan in the way we have seen. If you dont really understand me PM me and ill explain the story, cause its just too long to put on here....

Shemsu Elohim
10-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Shemsu Elohim
10-21-2005, 09:37 PM
"The Gnostic must not be a fanatic. We must study everything to reject the useless and accept the useful. Gnosis is not against any religion, school, order or sect. We have fought for the moral purification of many religions, schools, orders and sects. We have never been against any religion, school or sect. We know that humanity is divided into groups and that each group needs its own system of particular instruction. All religions, schools, orders and sects are precious pearls that are strung on the golden thread of divinity. We must build churches in order to serve all religions without disinction of names or creeds. Truly, all religions are ineffable and divine. All religions, schools, orders and sects are necessary. Religious jealousy is equivilant to passionate jealousy. It is a shame to be religiously jealous. The Gnostic brother or sister must overcome such jealousy for it is a very vulgar passion. The Gnostic movement is structured for people of all religions, schools, orders and sects." - The Yellow Book (http://www.gnosis-usa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=53)

Of course there are religions created by charlatans and ones that are not much more than businesses, but does this mean that religion itself is destructive?

Of course not.

Fire in the oven or fire-pit is useful.

Fire on the rug or furniture obviously is not.

Why waste so much energy on being angry at other's beliefs regardless of whether they're absurd or reasonable?

If everyone spent more time on working on themselves then perhaps we would suffer less.

Beliefs are just beliefs; Self Realization is what we're here for though right?

noel411
10-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Who would call the Buddha's enlightenment lunacy? Or Muhammed a nut? Was Jesus a worthless lunatic? Now that's really stretching my words.

You made good points by pointing out that religions are not what they should be....but unfortunately they are what they are, which really makes them even more ridiculous. However, you could say that based on those points, religion was not a bad creation, only it has become ridiculous over time. Depends how you look at the question I suppose.
Why waste so much energy on being angry at other's beliefs regardless of whether they're absurd or reasonable? True. I don't have a problem with most religious people, and what a person believes does not concern me at all. I just personally find religion utterly ridiculous in many ways, and thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples points of view.

SubtleEnergies
10-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I wasn't trying to stretch your words. In part I agree with you. My point was that they aren't what they should be.

I guess it depends where the definition of religion stops too.

I agree with Shemsu alot. Where'd that pic come from in your sig?

SubtleEnergies
10-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Has this Thelema got anything to do with Aleister Crowley?

Shemsu Elohim
10-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Has this Thelema got anything to do with Aleister Crowley?

HELL NO.

SubtleEnergies
10-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Then I will check it out. Looks interesting. And what's your sig pic lol?

thwak
10-22-2005, 01:28 AM
I voted no for a good reason, if there was no religion we'd probably go crazy. the fact is as humans we need order to control life, the most basic form of order is religion. think about it if you had no order in your life you'd probably have a fucked up life not knowing what to do. yes religion is a control device but we as humans need control.

but I'm not that religious so what I just said could all be bullshit.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, it was a great invention for those that created it to control the sheep ...
IT BRINGS BALENCE TO THE FORCE.......BUT HONESTLY IT CONTROLS THE HERD AND ALL IN THE HERD IS CONTROLLED NOT BY PHYSICAL CONTROL BUT BY THE MENTAL DEGRADATION OF WHAT WE CALL RELIGION TO MAKE US BELIVE IN SOMETHING STORNGER THAN THE HUMAN SPIRIT

noel411
10-22-2005, 03:05 AM
I voted no for a good reason, if there was no religion we'd probably go crazy. the fact is as humans we need order to control life, the most basic form of order is religion. think about it if you had no order in your life you'd probably have a fucked up life not knowing what to do. yes religion is a control device but we as humans need control. So are you suggesting that anybody who is not religious does not have "order in their life"? Like I said in my second post, if we didn't have religion we would have found some other form of lunacy to waste our time on, control us, divide us, and give us something to bicker about.

Fragmented
10-22-2005, 06:24 AM
best way to describe religion without getting to hateful, is the breeding of ignorence, the word faith to me is like saying i plead the fifth, it's that word u can use to avoid the questions you don't have answers for, but besides that i voted yes, but in the same extent i believe alot of people involved with religion are good hearted

peace

Literate Type Asshole
10-22-2005, 07:06 AM
the history of organized religion is ridiculous and contemptible. but to say religion is man's most ridiculous creation is as meaningless as saying war is man's most ridiculous creation. a desire to primitively make sense of the world is just a natural thing. you cant stop it (like bad boy, baby. uh. yeeah.). there's a reason why every single civilization on earth, no matter where they are and how isolated they are, has a history of some kind of mysticism or religion.

thwak
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
So are you suggesting that anybody who is not religious does not have "order in their life"? Like I said in my second post, if we didn't have religion we would have found some other form of lunacy to waste our time on, control us, divide us, and give us something to bicker about.
wouldn't that just be called religion with another name?

ARCHRIVAL
10-22-2005, 02:59 PM
yes.

Aqueous Moon
10-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Peace
Religion is the best thing the devil ever made.
It seperates man from God.
And God from the universe.
Peace

Shemsu Elohim
10-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Then I will check it out. Looks interesting. And what's your sig pic lol?I came across this:

http://www.gtomessiah.com/Buffalo.html (http://www.gtomessiah.com/Buffalo.html)

It had an interesting article and some pics a few days ago.

I don't remember what it said about the pic, but they're probably Hashshashim.

The main reason I have it is because it looks cool I guess lol(the Hashshashim according to my knowledge weren't a very pleasant group of cats).

But maybe the ones in the pic are just a group of Arab warriors.

Anyway, Thelema Press has alot of great lectures and courses related to Gnosis and Buddhism.

The main teachings are alot different than A. Crowley's (false)version of Thelema.

The Unknown Disciple
10-22-2005, 05:37 PM
I voted no for a good reason, if there was no religion we'd probably go crazy. the fact is as humans we need order to control life, the most basic form of order is religion. think about it if you had no order in your life you'd probably have a fucked up life not knowing what to do. yes religion is a control device but we as humans need control.

but I'm not that religious so what I just said could all be bullshit. Do you mean order as in order over our own selves or order over all people, because Ive known since I was 10 that I dont need religion to keep order over myself, but many country use religion to keep order over there own country.

Popa Chief
10-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Without a doubt, look at all the wars and collapses due to religion. That's what all that shit in the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Iraq(shit all the Middle East), and that's just modern day shit.Religion is why the Roman Empire split and eventually collapsed. Its all bullshit.

thwak
10-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Do you mean order as in order over our own selves or order over all people, because Ive known since I was 10 that I dont need religion to keep order over myself, but many country use religion to keep order over there own country.
well here's the thing, you found that out when you were 10. now I'm not that religious but I think that depending on how you're raised that religion does help create morals and order. but then again this is all my opinion so don't take it as actual fact.

The Unknown Disciple
10-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh I dont take it as a fact. Because I know some ppl were born with different morals from me, and I completely aggree with you it does depend on how you are raised, but it does depend of your own mind too, if you don't aggree with the morals you were raised too, before I was 10 I went to a Baptist Church with my grandmother every sunday, and untill I was 10 I couldnt exactlly depend on my own mind to set my morals. I didnt aggree with the morals from the religion I had so far been raised too, I used my own mind to set my own morals, many ppl probebly think that I'm wrong to do that.

The Unknown Disciple
10-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Without a doubt, look at all the wars and collapses due to religion. That's what all that shit in the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Iraq(shit all the Middle East), and that's just modern day shit.Religion is why the Roman Empire split and eventually collapsed. Its all bullshit. Alot of the shit thats going on in Iraq, ppl are blaming on there religion. Which is mostly bull shit, but some times you do need to understand the religion to understand the ppl. I don't really beleive the war has anything to do with religion anymore. Its just an excuse.

noel411
10-23-2005, 03:18 AM
wouldn't that just be called religion with another name? That didn't really seem to make sense, but I think I know what you mean. And yes, we probably would have come up with something very similar to religion, but religion is based largely on the belief in a "God", and the afterlife. I'm suggesting that we may have never founded any sort of system based on such beliefs, in which case we would likely have created a similar system based on something entirely different.

SubtleEnergies
10-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks Shemsu.

Yeah they look like Arab warriors so I stole em for my myspace pic.

SubtleEnergies
10-23-2005, 06:16 AM
I would like to get a slighty different opinion here.

Are religious systems fucked by their nature or by the practitioners?

Eg. A lot of people find Catholicism ridiculous. Is this because of Catholicism itself, or the Catholics. Is their still a possibility of spiritual fulfillment from a system like that?

10-23-2005, 09:54 AM
exactly.

we could've been 1000 yrs further if it wasn't for religion...

Koolish
10-23-2005, 01:08 PM
I would like to get a slighty different opinion here.

Are religious systems fucked by their nature or by the practitioners?

Eg. A lot of people find Catholicism ridiculous. Is this because of Catholicism itself, or the Catholics. Is their still a possibility of spiritual fulfillment from a system like that?unfortunately, people begin to criticize the "church", and believe the Church= everything that the religion is, so bring the same bias' in when looking into the religion.

Catholicism isn't purely Christianity, they've added a lot of their own things outside of the Bible into it, so i don't really agree with everything they do. i.e., they require you confess your sins to the Priest, whereas Christianity never asks of this, it's actually a personal decision to ask for forgiveness.

basically, everyone who attacks religion, whether they are religous or not, do not look at the beliefs, but only at the people who believe in them. if a Christian commits sin, then so must Christianity be as corrupt.
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.tv/)

SubtleEnergies
10-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, confession was a great way for the Church to maintain power over its members.

LORD NOSE
06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
up

Jragonsoul
06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I know, the only purpose for religion is purely, to ruin everything in everyone's lives.

It's based on fear, propaganda, lies, and secrecy. What truth lies in there?

Like, 500 years ago, life wasn't that different than it was now, why were people so much more religious then? What did they do so differently in their lives that they saw religion as an answer?

It's too bad I'm religious, otherwise I would have committed suicide three times now.

Man's most ridiculous creation: is us. The young men/women of society, those who have been given keyboards and responsibility to form opinions not from experience, but from whatever the hell else we've read.
________
Gay fucking (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/623/fucking/videos/1)

Wow I have to agree then say its religion second.Kind of makes sense and me a hypocrite because im very religious.But then again im very fucked up but anyway we are mans most ridiculous creation.

Mumm Ra
06-14-2011, 02:52 PM
IMO separating man from god is the worst thing that has ever happened, and could be argued is the cause of all other evil inventions

netscape check two
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a woman that created it

Mic Tyson
06-14-2011, 03:54 PM

a fat white one from the hood

netscape check two
06-14-2011, 04:05 PM
come on now

LORD NOSE
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM

closer

Fatal Guillotine
06-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Religions were intended to ease people into spiritual truths by starting off with literal rules/restraints that would help to control the psyche.

From there, people were supposed to advance into more philosophical ideas by contemplating on the metaphors and allegories inherent in the text

eventually finding oneness with the infinite consciousness which the religions of the world call the "spirit of/from God" "word of/from God" and many other things.

noel411
06-15-2011, 06:36 PM
lolz fancy that. I randomly pop into KTL for probably the first time in a year or so and one of my old threads has been bumped.

FYI in the years since posting this thread I have become a dedicated muslim.

Praise be to Allah.

beautifulrock
06-15-2011, 06:43 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/09/02/gal_awesome-invention_bearded-beanie.jpg

RUSHING PLATYPUS
06-15-2011, 07:43 PM
religions throughout history did a lot of contributions to society. it is hard to imagine where humans would be without it.

We'd be exactly where we are, only we'd get along a lot better and people would be far less judgmental of each other. Doesn't sound bad to me.

IrOnMaN
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
So, according to you guys, God doesn't exist. All right.

Mumm Ra
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
in the words of t moa
just accept it.

Fatal Guillotine
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Religion is a tool that can be used for positive or negative ends depending upon the person(s) who is using it.

IrOnMaN
06-16-2011, 10:33 AM
I can't stand religion itself but I do believe in God. I HATE the church because I believe it doesn't do anybody any good, depending on the person. Most of the sermons are recycled in order to keep the people entertained. Black churches are scum in every sense of the word!}:| There are filled with people who're dirty, disgusting, hookers, drug addicts, bad families, players and pimps, con artists, etc. Most likely, the pastor is an ex-con. I'm not saying that they're all hypocrites but the majority of them are. It's a very bad place to be. If I ever have kids (I won't), they will never step foot inside of a church. What's the point? Sunday school? What a joke!

This is what I learned from attending church: You aren't anything unless you have money, you're a "Christian", nice material things, and come from a good family. God forbid if you're poor. Oh how they would treat you.:ouch:

I can honestly say that most religions are like this, unfortunately. Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, all of them aren't worth a damn. If you just believe in God and his son Jesus Christ, read the Bible or the Koran, then you're fine.

APOLLO STASH
06-16-2011, 10:38 AM
what is with that confession bullshit anyways? why do priests think they're the only one who can talk to god? and people aren't supposed to sin, but they keep doing it then keep going to confession to get them repented lol like how many sins do you get? it's all just ridiculous. any question you'd ask these religious morons about their religion or god their answer never makes sense

IrOnMaN
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
what is with that confession bullshit anyways? why do priests think they're the only one who can talk to god? and people aren't supposed to sin, but they keep doing it then keep going to confession to get them repented lol like how many sins do you get? it's all just ridiculous. any question you'd ask these religious morons about their religion or god their answer never makes sense

People are human. No one is perfect. So, naturally, we're going to keep sinning. Sex is a perfect example. Bullshit Christians believe that one should be married in order to have sex. Really? Well, I'm sure a lot of people would disagree. Sex is natural. They can't understand that. Since most of them are hypocrites, I'm sure that they do understand.

APOLLO STASH
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I know i'm just saying that people wanna keep violating the rules of their religion when they know they shouldn't and keep going to confession for it like their sins disappear forever lol shouldn't follow religion if they're gonna keep sinning, and people get infinite repents lol they can just keep sinning and keep going to confession. it's all flawed

netscape check two
06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Well the thing that plays into this is the priest's strict lifestyle. Since it can be pretty stressful for the priests, confessions were designed for priests to unwind for the day and relax. He does his best not to laugh during some of the crazy confessions he hears. But afterwards, he hangs out with some of his friends and tells the funny ass confessions to them, and they all have a good laugh.

noel411
06-16-2011, 10:07 PM
So, according to you guys, God doesn't exist. All right.
What exactly does believing in God have to do with religion?

diggy
06-16-2011, 10:24 PM
If you just believe in God and his son Jesus Christ, read the Bible or the Koran, then you're fine.

The Messiah, son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; messengers had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat food.

Sex is a perfect example. Bullshit Christians believe that one should be married in order to have sex. Really? Well, I'm sure a lot of people would disagree. Sex is natural.

Aren't you Christian? Isn't fornication against the rules contained in the Bible?

IrOnMaN
06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Aren't you Christian? Isn't fornication against the rules contained in the Bible?

No.}:|

diggy
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, if u identify with it's foundation...of jesus being the son...then you must be christian.

IrOnMaN
06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, if u identify with it's foundation...of jesus being the son...then you must be christian.

I am not a Christian.}:| Just because I believe that he existed doesn't make me a Christian. I like Christ, not the religion. People have turned it into a profit. It's all about entertainment and money nowadays.

praise the almitey W
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
We'd be exactly where we are, only we'd get along a lot better and people would be far less judgmental of each other. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Not entirely see religion puts borders on people only because of what their belief is. But we would still be judgemental towards eachother just as much as would if we kept religion. Becasue of political views, racism, and financial status. think about it we would still have problems religions offers an escape in a sense just look at Buddhism everyone that follows that religion is at peace with themselves and therefore the people around them are at peace.

zooruka
06-19-2011, 03:35 AM
If only you knew.

peace be with you !

Mumm Ra
06-19-2011, 07:53 AM
said the believer

WARPATH
06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, all of them aren't worth a damn. If you just believe in God and his son Jesus Christ, read the Bible or the Koran, then you're fine.

And if don't read the bible or the Koran? What then?

WARPATH
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
If only you knew.

peace be with you !

https://webspace.utexas.edu/cokerwr/www/slides/creation/kirkcreationism.jpg

WARPATH
06-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Zook's big sis dropping heavy science on him:

https://webspace.utexas.edu/cokerwr/www/slides/creation/chick.evolution.jpg

IrOnMaN
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
What if someone were to provide proof that God does exist? Now, of course if God was shot on camera, people would say it's a CGI creation. If documentation was provided, people would state that it's false. If God was broadcasted on live television, people would state that the image they're seeing is false and it's all been doctored to make us believe that he truly exists.

They're people who say that evolution doesn't exist while other argue that evolution does indeed exists because there is proof.

Some people would agree that human beings evolved from apes (human evolution, which is interesting). Some people would agree that God created humans in his IMAGE.

There are a lot of questions that can't be answered on either sides (religious and non-religious).

People believed in the Greek Gods. Some still do to this day.}:|

june181972
06-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Nothing that has had such an immense and long-lasting effect on the history of Earth and Man can be called "ridiculous."

Religion being devotion, belief, commitment, adherence etc... to God
Those who do not believe in God, and fashion themselves as being more scientifically inclined, more rational, and in tune with logic; how sound is their claim of no "form of higher intelligence" in our Universe?

The elements are taught to us in a Periodic Table
The progression from 1 element to the next is arranged in mathematically precise manner.
The configuration of electrons and their orbits are arranged in strict mathematical series
How were these things arranged in the absence of intelligence?
If one went to a new, and never seen location, and saw a grouping of objects of the same size & weight arranged in a geometric series, and arranged to make up the letters of the alphabet. One must then conclude that some form of intelligence did this arranging.
A form of intelligence must have arranged the 4 proteins that occur 3 at a time in a double stranded helix to form DNA. They are arranged in a complex, yet mathematical manner.

There is truly no such thing as inertia, because the atoms that make up all that is within the Universe are always in motion. What we see and perceive as being inert, is always vibrating on the atomic level. 1 single atom being inert for a second would reconfigure the harmony that the Universe maintains. Matter, like energy, is neither created nor destroyed, only transferred. Matter, which is made up of groups of molecules from the various atoms, is always in Universally harmonious vibration. For every single unit of whatever in the Universe to always be moving (vibrating) to collectively maintain stability on a Universal scale, there must be a form intelligence orchestrating or conducting this motion (vibration).

Look a little deeper into the "Big Bang Theory" and the "String Theory", both prominent in scientific communities, it will become apparent that the arrangement and orchestration of that which constitutes these theories necessitates a supremely complex form of intelligence.

I use the phrase "form of intelligence" as an antonym to the notions of "random occurrence" in these theories.
If something is unexplainable, it doesn't mean that that something cannot exist.

zooruka
06-23-2011, 02:05 AM
James 2:19

You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

:'o

Peace Be With You !

WARPATH
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
James 2:19

You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. :'o

Peace Be With You !

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ypRjoyD_Vs8/TWB-ocHLLQI/AAAAAAAAAvg/m6xaEGssAf0/s320/truthinadvertising.jpg

zooruka
06-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Yo Warpath

That comic you posted is a classic example of how you are getting punked so to speak.

The Evil One and his puppets .... want you to think you descend from monkey's it's there way of trying to feel superior over you because they are scaredthat you will realize the truth "That you are superior to them in union with GOD".

As the public enemy track goes "Dont believe the hype"

:nonono:

peace

diggy
06-24-2011, 02:02 AM
W0jhHMh8Y7U&feature=player_embedded

Poison Flowerz!
06-24-2011, 11:54 AM
"Is religion man's most ridiculous creation?"

yes

WARPATH
06-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Yo Warpath

That comic you posted is a classic example of how you are getting punked so to speak.

The Evil One and his puppets .... want you to think you descend from monkey's it's there way of trying to feel superior over you because they are scaredthat you will realize the truth "That you are superior to them in union with GOD".

As the public enemy track goes "Dont believe the hype"

:nonono:

peace

Zook,

I can respect your beliefs. The question is how much of other people's religion do you respect?

If you believe that your religion is the only truth, then in my opinion, you have a very sheltered and ignorant view of other peoples cultures.

Peace.

Fatal Guillotine
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
agreed