PDA

View Full Version : First rap video you ever seen and ...

INF
04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
does it still stand the test of time?

oVDfyc2lh4Q

I went to watch this today and reminisced about the first time I seen it. This was the first rap video I ever seen.I was so hype, I was bouncing all over the furniture and shit like LL jumping on them diff platforms ...

maybe I'm just old but this got me hype while watching it just like back then minus the furniture jumping.

There is only one time I really had to laugh at it and that's when LL has dude behind him take his windbreaker off for him and then he steps to a female and then daps the DJ. That shit is Ill though.

the infamous skull and bones at the beginning of the video telling you Drugs KiLL ....ahahahaha oh man.

I wont say I don't see shit like that these days though.I've enjoyed videos from then to now.

fatboybrandon
04-09-2011, 08:57 PM
That LL video is classic just like his BAD album. MCs had a certain amount of showmanship in the videos that you don't see as much now, plus the concepts for the videos were creative with some humorous parts

jW3PFC86UNI

Parents Just Don't Understand was my first, as a child I was glad to see an MC who was clever, smart and spoke his mind. I could learn from him and be entertained at the same time. I think the video and song stands the test of time

INF
04-09-2011, 09:14 PM
DOPE^ an YUP I remember that one and ..... *looks both ways* they dont make em like that anymore...hahahaha. They really don't. That jam actually stands the test of time when you watch him rock it like that.

BudMonsta
04-10-2011, 02:18 AM
FWOsbGP5Ox4

Does it stand the test of time? You tell me.

Mr. R&B
04-10-2011, 02:57 AM
I honestly don't remember what the first rap vid I ever saw was.

Hip-Hop didn't really resonate with me until 1995.

I do remember enjoying this video though:

NNFI4jB6gzY

I can't stand Will Smith now, but this shit was dooooooooooope.

(Yes, I do know that Rakim ghostwrote it)

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-10-2011, 03:23 AM
I'm pretty sure mine was "Nuthin But A G Thang," or also "I Wish" by Skee-Lo. However, the one that I mostly remember is "DROP" by the Pharcyde. I used to have BET RAP CITY on all day in the summer, waiting, just so I can record it on my VHS tape every time it came on.

04-10-2011, 06:10 AM
rog8ou-ZepE
Did it stand the test of time? Of course LMFAO. It was classic the moment it dropped.O:|

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Dope thread Inf!
zrFOb_f7ubw\"By The Time I Get to Arizona" _Public Enemy wasnt the first rap video I ever saw but it was the first to have an impact on me. MTV played it once debuted it and then never played it again probably cause they were intimidated by the powers that be. But it definately has stayed with me and is one of my fav PE tracks ever!
that and this
JFZLq6R-ZtM

drippie k
04-10-2011, 03:44 PM
ewOzi5-AZXU

space jam soundtrack was my shit in the 3rd grade

busta rhymes dressed as a cheerleader = timeless lol

INF
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
NEVER seen that before ^ !!!!!

Coolio KilT that hahahaha

eel. I remember the hook from this song but I dont ever remember hearing it in full back then or til now.

thats rep.

big up to all yall thats been posting up too , Redd , FatboyB ,budmonsta ,Les ,Haq ,DC

I see yall

Mr. R&B
04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
ewOzi5-AZXU

space jam soundtrack was my shit in the 3rd grade

busta rhymes dressed as a cheerleader = timeless lol

I bought the Space Jam OST for my friend as a birthday gift the year it was released, he loved the song & vid you posted.

We listened to the tape @ his crib when I gave it to him (I was high but he didn't smoke back then), shit was dope IMO. :spin:

Good times.

THE MASON
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
eHHT7dTmw8U

i just a wee lad but this was the first one i remember seeing, and i BUGGED OUT!!!

KBOS
04-10-2011, 11:52 PM
eHHT7dTmw8U

i just a wee lad but this was the first one i remember seeing, and i BUGGED OUT!!!

I was home sick one day from school when I was a little kid and I was flipping through the channels and saw this on MTV... Not the first rap video I ever saw but probably the 2nd or 3rd. DMX ruff ryders anthem is up there too.

The first rap video I ever saw was

_g_7rdL6jmY

lol

Art Vandelay
04-11-2011, 09:31 AM
probably this video...

y-QoDSq28Kw

JakobR
04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
YFK6H_CcuX8

Back when mtv played vidoes! I remember bumping this track when I was 5 or 6 years old and just loving it! Stands the test of time strictly because of the nostalgia

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
1st video i ever saw was run dmc's down with the king

TAURO
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't really remember the very first vid I saw but two vids that made an impression with me as a kid was Public Enemy's fight the power (Public enemy was the start of my interest in hip hop) and ATCQ's Can I Kick It.

BRONZBODY
04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
ya cold wanna be wit me by utfo. 86-87 i think.

i honestly dont know how to embed youtube vids so...yeah

Mr. R&B
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
YFK6H_CcuX8

Back when mtv played vidoes! I remember bumping this track when I was 5 or 6 years old and just loving it! Stands the test of time strictly because of the nostalgia

Gangsta's Paradise was the first Rap album I ever bought with my own money, I was 14.

I played the shit outta that tape.

I don't really care to revisit the album at this point in time.