PDA

View Full Version : Do you take Christianity seriously?

Koolish
10-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Time to put this out here, see what people think.

Do you take Christianity seriously as a religion? Do you think it should be considered like other religions, with rich cultures, traditions, values, and practises... or is it just a bunch of lies that everyone is tired of and would be better without.

It should be taken seriously and respected
OR
It should not be taken seriously, and should not share the same light with other serious religions such as Buddhism, Islam, etc.
________
Vapir One (http://www.vaporshop.com/one-vaporizer.html)

Os3y3ris
10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
It should be taken seriously as any religion. Its based on judaism and is a basis for Islam, so its earned its place amongst the rest of them, wherever that may be.

noel411
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
All religions are the same to me. One of the phenomenons in this world that bothers me most is members of different religions actually thinking their religion is any better, or more relevant, than the next. They all have different beliefs to some degree, only one can be accurate (although personally I would most certainly say none are), yet people from certain religions still look down on other religions. Utter lunacy if you ask me.

I voted no, because I don't take any religion seriously.

tajeco
10-19-2005, 10:11 PM
no way

CydonianArtifact
10-19-2005, 10:33 PM
I voted NO, this world would be a better place without christians. Whenever I watch the 700 club my skin peels itself over my eyes!

LordReveal
10-20-2005, 02:14 AM
U think money is the root of all evil? I would say it's religion, because it gives people reason to think that "God" justifies evrything they do.

WU-KILLAH
10-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Yes Christianity should be respected, like Islam and Judaism. Actually all those religion that preach peace and fraternity should be respected. Unfortunately there is a lack of religion in the world, that's why probably there are so much wars....

Johnny Dust
10-20-2005, 04:14 AM
OR
It should not be taken seriously, and should not share the same light with other serious religions such as Buddhism, Islam, etc.
Why aren't Buddhism, Islam, etc. questioned?

All religions are the same to me. I don't believe in any.

Use it for yourself. If you gain strength from it, that's fine with me.

Bloo
10-20-2005, 04:33 AM
Well I'm kinda confused on the question.

Are you asking if it should be taken seriously compared to other religions or if it's practices should be taken seriously.

If it's the first then I think it's one of the more serious religions compared to one like catholoicism (which I don't take serious or respect) but if you mean in terms of the actual practice I don't believe a lot of people take it seriously due to so many people running around claiming their devout christians but they do very little of what the religion asks in order to stay rightious. But I guess that could be said of all religions.

I choose to just be rightious as opposed to religious as I believe that religion divides.

M.I.C Diesel
10-20-2005, 05:10 AM
Yes, As with all religions/faiths/beliefs.. There are many misconceptions on all fronts.

In regards to a previous comment..

I believe it's "The love of money, that is the root to all evil"

'Religion is only a weopon, in a false prophets pocket,
Selling themselves out for prophet, livin' Luciphers promise.
Walkin' away from solace, it's easy to blame their wooden crosses' Mental Ben - 2005

10-20-2005, 05:17 AM
All religions are the same to me. One of the phenomenons in this world that bothers me most is members of different religions actually thinking their religion is any better, or more relevant, than the next. They all have different beliefs to some degree, only one can be accurate (although personally I would most certainly say none are), yet people from certain religions still look down on other religions. Utter lunacy if you ask me.

word. i agree w/ all of this^^

Prince Rai
10-20-2005, 08:02 AM
I believe in Christ, not Christianity. If that makes sense to u. In other words,

I believe what Christ stood for was infact something real and I do some what to an extent belive some of his teachings, but the teachings of priests and other religeous figures associated with Christianity are ridiculous and appauling, nothing but a bunch of pedophiles who r drunk off of their own sick and twisted beliefs IMO. I don't belive anything they say because Christianity has been watered down from generation to generation to fit with today's standards of belief.

example: In the new bible, it promotes sex before marriage and it does not consider being a homosexual a sin; now I have no troubles with either of those, but generally speaking I was brought up in the sense that its wrong to do either. I'm not homophobic, but I don't agree with being gay, I don't really care about the sex b4 marriage bit, cus I do it all the time with my girl who I've been with 4 the past year or so, lol

Anywayz, Christianity is a difficult topic to discuss because no one (unless u are a bible thumper ofcourse) can really go in depth with it because no one really understands it, even if they go to church every Sunday. Unless you've read the bible cover to cover, memorized the testements and what not, no one really understands christianity. You can KNOW christianity, but as I said b4, unless u r a hardcore bible thumper, you'll never UNDERSTAND christianity.
In another weird way/example: 2pac

U can listen to 2pac, be a fan of pac by memorizing his lyrics and rockin his clothes n what not, but do u really listen to what he's tryin to say? I mean, U can listen, but r u really hearin his lyrics? He's rappin about gats n henessee yeah, but do u hear the real story behind his stuff?

lol, anywayz not 2 get off topic, I stand by what I said b4, and I guess in another way of putting it, I follow Christianity in my OWN way as well as other religeons like Budhism and Muslim, which it seems the majority on this topic do as well.

Thats just my view, hope I didn't offend any1, its just my opinion.
peace
very well put kris!

thats definitely what i would just about say as well!!

WU-KILLAH
10-20-2005, 08:24 AM
example: In the new bible, it promotes sex before marriage and it does not consider being a homosexual a sin; now I have no troubles with either of those, but generally speaking I was brought up in the sense that its wrong to do either. I'm not homophobic, but I don't agree with being gay, I don't really care about the sex b4 marriage bit, cus I do it all the time with my girl who I've been with 4 the past year or so, lol

What do you call "the new bible" ?

AK Spray
10-20-2005, 08:49 AM
I voted NO, this world would be a better place without christians. Whenever I watch the 700 club my skin peels itself over my eyes!

you're an idiot.... Only intelligent ppl allowed in this thread.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2005, 08:59 AM
i don't think any religion should be categorised as more serious or more important then another. so iin terms of that question then christianity should be taken seriously if religion is taken seriously. But it is dependant on the individual, if you believe in religion as a concept then it should be taken as seriously as the rest, but if you don'y believe in any religion that it can be taken as the same as all others and hence not serious. the question wasnt very clear and thus neither is my answer.

THE W
10-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Anywayz, Christianity is a difficult topic to discuss because no one (unless u are a bible thumper ofcourse) can really go in depth with it because no one really understands it, even if they go to church every Sunday. Unless you've read the bible cover to cover, memorized the testements and what not, no one really understands christianity. You can KNOW christianity, but as I said b4, unless u r a hardcore bible thumper, you'll never UNDERSTAND christianity.
and this is the problem right here. people love to speak on what they dont know. there was a thread in the wu chamber about a guy from the NGE having a problem with members of wu not really repping the nation. various people posted in that thread saying ignorant stuff about the NGE not knowing the real history or philosophy of the NGE.

man is currupt in nature and will take something that is pure and disctort it for their own gain and power. you cant take these things at face value, you have to find the truth. there's too mnay people who dont know what they're talkin about that have a lot of opinions on things. this is where all the "religion" bashing comes from.

Holmes
10-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Great post. I agree.

froth
10-20-2005, 10:44 AM
yes

damaja
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I don't, I don't take almost any religion seriously. There are too many wackos, stupid beliefs, extremists and fakers out there for me to take them seriously. Except maybe Buddhism, that's the only I have absolutely no problem with. The others can fuck off. Yeah.

Koolish
10-20-2005, 12:50 PM
so not everybody hates Christians...

just most people do :)
________
BIG TITS ITALIAN (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/276/italian/videos/1)

Os3y3ris
10-20-2005, 01:26 PM
The poll is 11/11, with some people voting "no" for ALL religions.

tostones
10-20-2005, 01:44 PM
not taking something seriously and hating something are two different things.

might want to read the question again koolish.

KBA7
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
The term Christianity is false in itself because he never taught his followers 2 praise him. As usual they misinterpreted his principles. Thats y many religions r in their state of turmoil as it is. Do the knowledge 2 the meaning of religion.

ol dirty abbot
10-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Even if you arent a christian the basic principle taught is love and peace so cant be nothing wrong with it. The religion itself is very good.

Koolish
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
not taking something seriously and hating something are two different things.

might want to read the question again koolish.
uh oh! looks like you found me out! my experience has shown me a lot of hating, statistics from a question aren't going to change my experience.
________
Ford Edge (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Edge)

Koolish
10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
The term Christianity is false in itself because he never taught his followers 2 praise him. As usual they misinterpreted his principles. Thats y many religions r in their state of turmoil as it is. Do the knowledge 2 the meaning of religion.
the truth is even better without evidence.

back this stuff up man.
________
Threesome Vid (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/40/threesome/videos/1)

CydonianArtifact
10-20-2005, 06:31 PM
you're an idiot.... Only intelligent ppl allowed in this thread.Only intelligent ppl yet you believe that a virgin gave birth...lol@ you fellow..:thumbup:

Os3y3ris
10-20-2005, 06:54 PM
uh oh! looks like you found me out! my experience has shown me a lot of hating, statistics from a question aren't going to change my experience.
To say the majority of people hate christians is BS seeing as its one of the worlds major religions. If the people AROUND YOU, hate it, ok. But to say the majority is foolishness.

Koolish
10-20-2005, 08:02 PM
tisk tisk TISK.

ok, i wasn't very specific, but i was referring to the internet, my fault for not doing that, but i see a lot of people online seem to have this feeling.

but in my EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE (what i typed in the post you quoted), everywhere i've gone i've seen some kind of anti-Christian feeling somewhere.
________
PREGNANT TUBE (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/34/pregnant/videos/1)

hellbound
10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
i take mostly all relgions seriously, but i do not know belive in christianity or its beliefs, and i think its sad so many people do

Koolish
10-20-2005, 08:43 PM
so it's sad only for Christianity... but others have your respect?

you know a couple of the other two major religions, Judaism and Islam, are extremely similar to Christianity.
________
Masturbation tube (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/27/masturbation/videos/1)

K.E.G.
10-20-2005, 09:36 PM
I take everyone's past time seriously. If someone takes it as a joke, they get eaten alive or visAv.
Its just such hard hitting scripture has dug so deep into lifestyles that all sacred legends are taken hardcore to flesh blood money and power.
In regards if you were conversing with someone the tactics of Christ, take it as serious as day as an observer then respectfully focus out weather they're a complete ignoramus.

tajeco
10-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Damn this is close a close race.

Prophet-One
10-21-2005, 01:03 AM
I think I see why this forum got closed down before

The Unknown Disciple
10-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Many religions, are quite close, in certain beleifs, but a far apart in other beliefs, I take all religions seriously in many different ways, but some things in religions i don't beleive in, but I do beleive in a universal god. So I would say I take all religions seriously, but the main religion i beleive in the most is Buddhism

AK Spray
10-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Only intelligent ppl yet you believe that a virgin gave birth...lol@ you fellow..:thumbup:

Lol @ you for assuming that I'm a Christian. MAybe it's just that u made an ignorant statement.. and u had nothing intelligent to add to the thread.

And also.. Ur one of those nerdy type kids that needs everyhing to be spelled out for him.. doesn't have waht it takes to take a leap of faith.

Be Easy.

100pr00f
10-21-2005, 08:30 AM
i beleve in no religion................

BrokenWrists
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Do i take it seriously, i dunoo. I think Christianity as a religion is a crutch for the weak minded, devils.

blackwisdom
10-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I said yes. I donít agree with it, but everyone has a choice in the matter. I canít tell you what to believe in, but I can show you some facts to know. Then you can acknowledge your logic to accept truth vice a common opinion.

peace

blackwisdom
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah, the fear of detachment from family, being an outcast, a trouble maker, an oddity, too righteous or evil (depending on how they look at it). Plus, how are you gonna tell Grandma that you don't believe in christmas becasue it's a lie? It's the human nature. I've developed thick skin. But I feel you though.

Revolutionary But Gangsta
Real Black Girl

peace

Woozer
10-21-2005, 11:25 AM
why wouldnt you take it seriously?

G...
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I voted no. Christianity disgusts me.

Koolish
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah, the fear of detachment from family, being an outcast, a trouble maker, an oddity, too righteous or evil (depending on how they look at it). Plus, how are you gonna tell Grandma that you don't believe in christmas becasue it's a lie? It's the human nature. I've developed thick skin. But I feel you though.

Real Black Girl

peaceyou're generalizing, shit man, that's borderline ignorance here. you're starting to say exactly how a group of people think, never tell anyone how or what they do regarding beliefs or personal character.

and yes, i'm Christian, and why in the fuck would i ever be scared of being an outcast? it takes a fucking weak minded person to cling on to be accepted into something. oh look, a Christian swore, i guess they're human.

and don't twist what i'm saying here and go on about "this is why i don't like Christians" or some stupid bull shit like that, not you specifically, but anyone, cause i know someone will. this is me talking, not my religion.
________
THE HENRY FORD HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/The_Henry_Ford)

blackwisdom
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
you're generalizing, shit man, that's borderline ignorance here. you're starting to say exactly how a group of people think, never tell anyone how or what they do regarding beliefs or personal character.

and yes, i'm Christian, and why in the fuck would i ever be scared of being an outcast? it takes a fucking weak minded person to cling on to be accepted into something. oh look, a Christian swore, i guess they're human.

and don't twist what i'm saying here and go on about "this is why i don't like Christians" or some stupid bull shit like that, not you specifically, but anyone, cause i know someone will. this is me talking, not my religion.I'm talking about people that have gained evidence that disproves their original beliefs that are afraid to let go of what they previously believed. Don't jump on me for regurgitating what I've experienced. I'm far from ignorant. I can never state what a group thinks, nor will I try. It's not up to me. If you are happy with being a christian, I'm happy for you. I see faults in it and value in other knowledge that points me in another direction. No need to curse and rant.

Take it easy fella
Peace

CydonianArtifact
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Lol @ you for assuming that I'm a Christian. MAybe it's just that u made an ignorant statement.. and u had nothing intelligent to add to the thread.

And also.. Ur one of those nerdy type kids that needs everyhing to be spelled out for him.. doesn't have waht it takes to take a leap of faith.

Be Easy.'

Don't lie, you know you believe in the hippy :hippy: that turns water into wine , lol ... So don't catch feelings on the corp fellow, Jesus loves you, so does Michael Jackson you lil fuck.

The Unknown Disciple
10-21-2005, 07:49 PM

Real Black Girl

peace Yes there is great fear in detachment from family because of religious beleifs especially with a christian family( I aint downin on christians) because the religion is more sceptical about other religions. Me and my cousin became outcasts from my grandmother when my cousin became a buddhist and I told her i beleived in more of the buddhist religion then the christian, but we were never detached from the family. But I do understand because I know many christian families that basicllly disowned there own children because they beleived in a different religion.

Koolish
10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm talking about people that have gained evidence that disproves their original beliefs that are afraid to let go of what they previously believed. Don't jump on me for regurgitating what I've experienced. I'm far from ignorant. I can never state what a group thinks, nor will I try. It's not up to me. If you are happy with being a christian, I'm happy for you. I see faults in it and value in other knowledge that points me in another direction. No need to curse and rant.

Take it easy fella
Peacesee, the thing was, you didn't say it was people who had evidence but feared that, you didn't specify, that's why i got pissed.
________
DAIHATSU NAKED HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Daihatsu_Naked)

blackwisdom
10-21-2005, 10:37 PM
the thing thats shocks me, well not as much anymore, is that even if you show people facts showing them that the opposite of what they believe to be true they still hold on to the lie. it's kind of crazy how a couple of words can keep people brainwashed. Faith, hope, and things of the such.

on another note RBG 4 life.Yeah, the fear of detachment from family, being an outcast, a trouble maker, an oddity, too righteous or evil (depending on how they look at it). Plus, how are you gonna tell Grandma that you don't believe in christmas becasue it's a lie? It's the human nature. I've developed thick skin. But I feel you though.

Real Black Girl

peacesee, the thing was, you didn't say it was people who had evidence but feared that, you didn't specify, that's why i got pissed.I was just adding on to this. No prob though.

Peace

Koolish
10-21-2005, 10:50 PM
alright i see now what you were coming from, i read that as when you give people the facts, they dismiss it and hold on to their original belief, instead of accepting the facts but refusing to leave their original belief.
________
Amateur wife (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/78/wife/videos/1)

tajeco
10-23-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm on page 15 in 'My First Timbs' book "A Call To Sanity", and I even more than ever do not take views of christianity seriously. If it helps people be kind, and if it's just about how Jesus was a cool dude, than yeah, I believe that, but the whole 7 day theory stuff is a bunch of jibberish.

blackwisdom
10-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm on page 15 in 'My First Timbs' book "A Call To Sanity", and I even more than ever do not take views of christianity seriously. If it helps people be kind, and if it's just about how Jesus was a cool dude, than yeah, I believe that, but the whole 7 day theory stuff is a bunch of jibberish.Sorry for getting off topic, but I gotta find my book. I misplaced it a while ago.:(

Peace

Koolish
10-23-2005, 12:01 PM
yeah i gotta read that book too, can you get it off amazon or anything?

actually, i dunno if i'm gonna get it, i went to his site and read some of the parts of the book he showed, i could argue against his points, it doesn't look like anything new, just a lot more Biblical mis-interpretation. IN MY OPINION.
________
Review Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

akira kurosawa
10-23-2005, 06:31 PM
this is a dangerous question, because it is important that you fully understand and truly know what Christianity is before passing your view. if you take someone like Bush to be an example of Christianity, then you have no understanding of it.

My First Timbs
11-12-2005, 08:17 AM
yeah i gotta read that book too, can you get it off amazon or anything?

actually, i dunno if i'm gonna get it, i went to his site and read some of the parts of the book he showed, i could argue against his points, it doesn't look like anything new, just a lot more Biblical mis-interpretation. IN MY OPINION.
peace

and thanx

i assure you that there is a lot lot more than biblical erracy in the book.. The first chapter and maybe the 6th chapter touch on that, but the others primarily deal with the philosophical, scientific and cultural implications of logic,god, religion and atheism

sweet sista
03-18-2006, 10:42 PM

Do you take Christianity seriously as a religion? Do you think it should be considered like other religions, with rich cultures, traditions, values, and practises... or is it just a bunch of lies that everyone is tired of and would be better without.

OR

First of All, is it serious?
Of course it is. Allah revealed it long time ago upon Jesus -may Allah's peace be upon him- and it's absolutely unjust to put Christianity and Buddhism on the same level because Buddhism is the one to be considered as lies because it teaches its followers to worship things that either materialistic or things that ain't doin' them good nor bad things like idols, animals or nature. It allows its followers to insult the human being intelligence that god gifted them.

Christianity ain't bunch of lies. It's a religion that came to tell people truth about themselves, their true god and the reason why they were created. It simply had the same message that Islam has. It was revealed by God as a system to organize the people's life. Christianity needed changes and that's why God revealed Islam as the last system or should i say lifestyle to be accepted for all human beings and for all time. It's something like relay race or somethin'. One religion takes the message from the another to give it to the last. One is Christianity, another is Judaism and the last is Islam.

dimi
03-18-2006, 10:51 PM
No

And Christianity And Islam R Not Religions They R Cultures

hectis
03-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I Have Learned Many Good Things From It So Yes

Sicka than aidZ
03-19-2006, 12:26 AM
i dont follow it but hectis is right about being able to learn from it. seems like it means well but no, i dont believe alot of it.peace

Aqua Luna
03-19-2006, 10:57 PM

OR

I take it seriously cause it's fucking up my people's heads...

People get brainwashed and dumb strucked with religion..it's not worth it.

GENERAL WISE
03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
religion is overrated:yessad:.
and why Christianity? I don't take any religion seriously.

galt john galt
03-19-2006, 11:54 PM
any word not taken to its consequence of final action that results is not to be taken literally so one must assume figuratively in possible accord with some spirituality. the way of life they lead and live yes they believe with all their heart and put all their faith like the coming is guaranteed from the words of revelation. the religious aspect that those buy into not for a second. its a mix of roman greek babylonian jewish zoroastrianism manchaeism egyptian cults and such a great look at melting pots that leaves people frozen out like dissolution from final solution. politically what would jesus do accept christ or trust god? can i get a list of the denominations to play partisan politics as to who's teaching the jesus and who's preaching the christ?