PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the infatuation for eminem

JASPER BEARDLY
04-11-2011, 08:33 AM
the guy can spit for sure, but I don't see how people hold him in such high esteem. hip hop seems like a joke to him. I think I've even heard Rakim call him the best mc of all time.

I've heard a great deal of his catalogue, and thought a lot of the shit was ill for sure. But all time great? Can ppl post some shit to make me understand a little more clearly.

angry!
04-11-2011, 08:57 AM
eminem did so much for hip hop culture...

unfortunately..

he opened hip hop up... for a lotta ppl, that woulda never given it a look...

the person that says.. "i hate rap, i only like eminem"..

but for all the shit em gets... hes done a lot...

always stressed LYRICISM, no matter how goofy shit got... put out a MOVIE, that BLEW battle culture up... when battle culture, was something of a cult... you had to be in, to know about it... he fuckin blew the lid off that shit...

but really analyze his rise..

he was the hardest working rapper on the planet... to get dre to take notice...

there was no marketing ploy behind it, just dedication, and sacrifice...

he went from basement recordings, to the absolute peak of the entertainment world, by way of workin his fuckin ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N4xSa9neAKg

^^^^^^^^^ still probably the rawest display of skills... on a live radio performance... ever... slim had smif-n-wessun feelin the pressure... he freaked a cpl different flows, and was by and far the deadliest emcee in the room... thats what cemented em as a great for me... i knew right then, "sons about to change the game"... he had tek n steele soudning like amateurs... and these niggas gave us DAH SHININ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8iz0AxTtFUc
still one of the best "WHERE IM FROM" verses in existence, and this is material that the majority of his base, DOESNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE PERFORMANCE...

one of the best, at his peak...

7za3L5Aukjs
breath control, clarity... CD quality...

and as far being able to write songs, with a narrative, that requires multiple voices... probably the most ambitious song writer in rap... hell pull a robbery in a track, talk about shooting it out as he makes a run for it, and lay sound effects down for every bar... cinematic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snHfdV3gw9Q
^^^^^ still one of the tightest concepts ever, and the execution was godly...

does he have corny shit in his catalog?!?!?!? yeah...

but even now... where his heads fucked up, and hes lost sight of himself, theres glimpses of greatness...

a02O-ysrPss
2nd verse here... was some UNTOUCHABLE shit... thats what i wanna hear from em, straight spazzing.. freaking every flow known to man, with incredible style...

im not into this scream about getting better shit hes on now... but hes still a force!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakobR
04-11-2011, 09:25 AM
+ Even though he has signed some quite questionable rappers over the years, he has always made sure to make room for new talents. He obviously doesn't look for some gimmick that can sell a million records first week when he signs an artist to his label.

Whether you like him or not, that is a great contribution to hip hop.

/stan

JASPER BEARDLY
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
good shit as always angry could you (or anyone) point me into the direction of like mixtapes of his that i should check out of his older shit. i've heard a lot of his various freestyles but nothing that was amazing now that i'm far more into hip hop than i was at the time

Synthesizer Patel
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I wonder how his career would have turned if he was signed for Duckdown..

UncontrolledSubstans
04-11-2011, 04:09 PM
D4hAVemuQXY

"They say music can alter moods and talk to you
Well can it load a gun up for you , and cock it too
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude
Just tell the judge it was my fault and i'll get sued
See what these kids do is hear about us totin' pistols
And they want to get one cause they think the shit's cool
Not knowin' we really just protectin' ourselves, we entertainers
Of course the shit's affectin' our sales, you ignoramus
But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our
checks in the mail
It's fucked up ain't it
How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin'
thing that we wanted
That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing
Except for a dream, and a fuckin' rap magazine
Who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long
Idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives
Till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die
Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe
We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes
That's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and
hold it
Cause we consider these minutes golden
And maybe they'll admit it when we're gone
Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our
songs and we can..."

Wh0am3ye?
04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
good shit as always angry could you (or anyone) point me into the direction of like mixtapes of his that i should check out of his older shit. i've heard a lot of his various freestyles but nothing that was amazing now that i'm far more into hip hop than i was at the time

Check out infinite if you haven't already....

oldie
04-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Only when you've heard his Infinite album can you pass comment (on his capabilities) - that album is lyricism at some of it's best IMO

TAURO
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Infinite
Slim Shady ep
Slim Shady lp
Marshal Mathers lp
Eminem Show

This was what made/makes eminem a ill mc, everything else was a drop off. He still has it no doubt, but only in very brief moments, shame really.

drippie k
04-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Infinite
Slim Shady ep
Slim Shady lp
Marshal Mathers lp
Eminem Show

This was what made/makes eminem a ill mc, everything else was a drop off. He still has it no doubt, but only in very brief moments, shame really.
add relapse to that list

check two
05-22-2011, 03:53 PM
2itSDhd50K8

CEITEDMOFO
05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
EMiNEM SUCKS BUT THE SLIM SHADY AND THE SHIT HE DID WIT THE OUTSIDAZ WAS DOPE :list:

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-22-2011, 04:07 PM
add relapse to that list

eyuch, i hate his voice on that shit...so not cool

Mcthuggin99
05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
eyuch, i hate his voice on that shit...so not cool
Relapse accent > Recovery