PDA

View Full Version : yesterday i was at a Paten Locke / Edan show

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-12-2011, 06:34 AM
jesus fucking christ

I loved the Mr.Lif/Akrobatik/EDOg show I was two weeks ago, but this was on some other shit

I already heard a lot of Insight/Edan live shows [thanks to DJ Memoryman], so I didn't knew Paten Locke [of Asamov] had a routine with him too.

They had it all. Going back and forth, even going back and forth rapping syllables [OMFG], Paten beatboxing and Edan rapping Percee P's part of Torture Chamber [but faster!!!!], playing on the guitar haha, playing with the echo machine, playing a record and just adding drums on it...and then rapping over it...
Edan had a lot of crazy shit on stage, can't even name that shit, some antennas and shit like that
Paten holding records in his hands and Edan rapping whatever is on the covers

Paten Locke fucking killed it too...he dropped one new verse that was mindblowing, dude changed his style a little but still goes in hard

the best part
no fucking DJ

all just Edan and Paten Locke, rapping their ass off

rapping I See Colours was dope...Making Planets...Syllable Practice - LOVE THIS JOINT. How many rappers can make a song like that???

perfect evening, best concert I ever saw

believe me, it's worth seeing, don't miss it!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
eHZb4wEQ7nM&feature=player_embedded

56o_QUNGSOE

EPIC

it's a shame there was only like 50 people in the club...that's why we have shows on fridays

INF
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM
DOPE!!!!

I wish I could see Edan live cuz I know about the shit he does and its sick.He gets all the way live for real.

50 ppl up in it would be cool with me cuz then the experience is more personal.

INF
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
big up on these videos wera.i owe you rep.siiick video right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
yeah, it was great, we were chilling together after the concert, drinking beers... gotta give them props. when ra the rugged man came, his concert lasted like 25 minutes and he didn't give a shit....or with bahamadia, that was somehow dissappoiting too

but these two?

Edan is one of my favourites, damn, I loved the albums, but the energy that was displayed live was crazy...don't miss the show, that's all I'm gonna say. I missed Masta Ace when he came, and I can't forgive myself, but this time I made sure I won't miss it.

oldie
04-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Never heard of Paten Locke but Edan is quality. Any word some new material? I started with Beauty & The Beat n went backwards. Short but Crazy catalogue

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-13-2011, 04:35 AM
his echo party consists of his usual samples and shit like that, but zero rapping

I don't have it, but it's great