PDA

View Full Version : Underground Hip-Hop Gettin' MTV "exposer"

iNtell3kT
10-20-2005, 02:49 AM
ive noticed Aesop Rock and Atmosphere have been gettin exposer on MTV, even video play for Aesop Rock from his new album and single.....

i was wondering:
1. What Do U Think About Aesop And Atmosphere Gettin MTV Exposer
2. Why Does Aesop Rock's Albums Only Have 7 Or So Tracks (give or take a few on a few albums)?

mr stalin
10-20-2005, 02:52 AM
you mean exposure?

iNtell3kT
10-20-2005, 02:53 AM
tomato? tomoto?..no wait...potato pototo..right?

mr stalin
10-20-2005, 02:55 AM
tomato

Bone Collecta
10-20-2005, 03:39 AM
watch ppl start hating him cause he is on MTV lmao

Razorsharp
10-20-2005, 03:53 AM
i hate AESOP ROCK...damn mainstream bastid........

J/P!!!! HAHAHA

Cheech Da WildKard
10-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Intellekt - the word is EXPOSURE ...an EXPOSER is somebody who exposes themself I guess LOL ...

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
its all good, we need more of that kind of shit

baby jesus
10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
watch ppl start hating him cause he is on MTV lmaoWord I See It Coming Already.

Murdah Piff
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
the thing is aesop rock and atmosqueer is mad wack and only faggit ass nerd backpackers listen to those

Chief 'Broom
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
2. Why Does Aesop Rock's Albums Only Have 7 Or So Tracks (give or take a few on a few albums)?Aesop's last CD only had a few tracks cuz it was just a bonus disk for a book of lyrics.

trinking
10-20-2005, 12:22 PM
the thing is aesop rock and atmosqueer is mad wack and only faggit ass nerd backpackers listen to those
and u listen to that purple piff dipset byrd gang garbage...what does that make u???

Wzarecta
10-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Aesop has releases with only like 7 tracks becuase they're EPs like Daylight is. The book was a bonus with the Fast Cars, Danger Fire and Knives EP.

Cheech Da WildKard
10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
and u listen to that purple piff dipset byrd gang garbage...what does that make u???
It makes him Human Crack In The Flesh ... Ain't nothin' wrong with Dipset ...

Murdah Piff
10-20-2005, 01:05 PM
and u listen to that purple piff dipset byrd gang garbage...what does that make u??? i can relate to be human crack in the flesh, i only bump hell rell he's the nigga

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-20-2005, 01:59 PM
you notice theyre only giving exposure to white underground artists, none to doom, immortal technique, vordul, oktober, murs or any cats like that. Most of Atmosphere's fans are indie rock kids who hate rap.

Murdah Piff
10-20-2005, 02:04 PM
you notice theyre only giving exposure to white underground artists, none to doom, immortal technique, vordul, oktober, murs or any cats like that. Most of Atmosphere's fans are indie rock kids who hate rap. only good thing is when you go to atmosqueer shows there are maaaaaaaaad groupie hoes and they fall for this line "geah i'm slugs A&R" so big ups to slug for that pussy hook up otherwise hes wack

PolitiC
10-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Ain't nothin' wrong with Dipset ... co-sign..stop hatin people

WE MOVIN THE MOVEMENT

crass
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
they're getting exposure because they're fucking trendy rappers, trendy "alternative" rap. i fucking hate aesop rock and atmosphere. you know who their biggest fans are? white kids who wear sandals and listen to Phish. fuck them both. it was a matter of time until they got on MTV

i was at a deck/MK show and the promoter said "we have to compete with all that aesop rock bullshit"

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
they're getting exposure because they're fucking trendy rappers, trendy "alternative" rap. i fucking hate aesop rock and atmosphere. you know who their biggest fans are? white kids who wear sandals and listen to Phish. fuck them both. it was a matter of time until they got on MTV

i was at a deck/MK show and the promoter said "we have to compete with all that aesop rock bullshit"
co signed it's funny aesop was on the wu meets indie album, but yeah this type of shit is fucking up the underground scene, because then you've got dudes like one.be.lo aka one man army who can't get his message out because the scenes overcrowded by whiteboys who were stuck on rock's dick til a year or so ago and listen to sage francis or some shit and look down on any hip hop with some street shit in it, regardless of if knowledge is spit in it also, they wanna hear that esoteric abstract shit or some super emotional shit exclusively. Ive had arguments with these type of dudes in cyphers and at stores and shit.

Murdah Piff
10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Fuck Emo Raps And Nerd Backpackers

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-20-2005, 02:24 PM

:lmao: LMAO LMAO

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2005, 04:15 PM
we need some raw, dark shit back on our screens. Im sick of all this sunshine and bitches bullshit, bring back the streets.

tha god concept
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
yo aesop and slug r fuckin dope emcees yo

i admit aesops style can get annoying at times but he got ill rhymes

and slugs a fuckin dope lyricist

quit h8in kids.....

thwak
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
aesop sucks (except when he was on wu meets indie culture, he actually rapped there) but atmosphere is kinda nice, not as bad as aesop so he's better.

anyhow if you think they're only getting "exposer" because they're white then why aren't any psychological guys getting videos played?

10-20-2005, 07:34 PM
good point

Revolution
10-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Out of all the backpackers, I like Aesop the least.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
wow, I know how bone feels now when nelly gets hated on

Pussy Clot
10-20-2005, 07:46 PM
i have always hated aesop rock. all that faggot back packer bullshit stinks. i dont think i can hate him any more just cuz hes on MTV.

faderlaceratah
10-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Fuck Emo Raps And Nerd Backpackers And you like Dipset, who if I'm not mistaken, sampled a Cyndi Lauper song "girls just wanna have fun"? That's not cool. That's some corny ass shit. I'd rather bump atmosphere and aesop rock than that fag purple fudgepacker shit

tha god concept
10-20-2005, 08:17 PM
atmosphere aint one guy yo

its slug and his dj Ant

Murdah Piff
10-20-2005, 08:30 PM
And you like Dipset, who if I'm not mistaken, sampled a Cyndi Lauper song "girls just wanna have fun"? That's not cool. That's some corny ass shit. I'd rather bump atmosphere and aesop rock than that fag purple fudgepacker shit you fear the movement, i bump dips cause like juelz i'm human crack in the flesh. but i only bump hell rell and some jim jones tracks the rest suck. agallah makes a lot of fire beats for them and heatmakerz are the truth.

"i'ma put a television in my trunk so when i throw you in it you'll be comfortable"

faderlaceratah
10-20-2005, 08:39 PM
atmosphere aint one guy yo

its slug and his dj Ant
I know that.

faderlaceratah
10-20-2005, 08:43 PM
you fear the movement, i bump dips cause like juelz i'm human crack in the flesh. but i only bump hell rell and some jim jones tracks the rest suck. agallah makes a lot of fire beats for them and heatmakerz are the truth.

"i'ma put a television in my trunk so when i throw you in it you'll be comfortable"
I don't fear the movement. I just think it's corny.

Murdah Piff
10-20-2005, 09:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Smif-N-Wessun/YouMad.jpg

faderlaceratah
10-20-2005, 09:46 PM
hahahahahahha

Black Hole
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm definitly surprised and shamed by the reaction of some posters in here. You may not like Aesop or Atmosphere, but they represent somthing that should have been in Hip-Hop ages ago. Slug has some of the deepest poetic metaphors I've hearn in a while. Listen to "Scapegoat" If you don't believe me. Aesop is truely an architect when he is on the mic. You just misunderstand him like when every other Wu-Fam misunderstands U-God. It is funny how you sound like the queer mainstream dickriders on a saturday night in a Mike Jones concert. Underground Hip-Hop is Underground Hip-Hop, I wouldn't be surprised if El-P took a stance at an MTV show, and still you guys would persist to bring him down. Go listen to Nelly's "Air force ones". Fucking kites.

10-20-2005, 10:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Smif-N-Wessun/YouMad.jpgreload & shoot again
http://haterz.u-mad.net/

iNtell3kT
10-21-2005, 06:09 AM
I'm definitly surprised and shamed by the reaction of some posters in here. You may not like Aesop or Atmosphere, but they represent somthing that should have been in Hip-Hop ages ago. Slug has some of the deepest poetic metaphors I've hearn in a while. Listen to "Scapegoat" If you don't believe me. Aesop is truely an architect when he is on the mic. You just misunderstand him like when every other Wu-Fam misunderstands U-God. It is funny how you sound like the queer mainstream dickriders on a saturday night in a Mike Jones concert. Underground Hip-Hop is Underground Hip-Hop, I wouldn't be surprised if El-P took a stance at an MTV show, and still you guys would persist to bring him down. Go listen to Nelly's "Air force ones". Fucking kites. and thats word!

Atmosphere are dope, u guys haitng on them? its like hating on Common cause hes a conscience rapper....i got respect for the real, i dont hate on anything, most of yall are just critizing shit u dun even know about, its lame

Sifu Dragon
10-21-2005, 09:30 AM
i don't like Aesop Rock

(sayin that to state i didn't like him before he goes mainstream)

Meta4
10-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Aesop and Atmosphere both equally blow ass.

crass
10-22-2005, 04:15 AM
^^^^ That's The Truth Money!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
watch ppl start hating him cause he is on MTV lmao
bone knows everything

stak84
11-14-2005, 07:15 PM
wow u guys truly r a bunch of fuckin retards, i think its funny how u only want to hear that real street shit as you sit and type away at your computers as if the only thing you can relate to is the struggle. you r a bunch of fuckin idiots if you think these guys are gay because they rap about universal topics that every one can relate to. would you rather that they start rapping about how theyre putting a bullet in someone every five fuckin minutes,

serioulsly gimme a fuckin break

Create
11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
their ok
but some times atmosphere get too EMO on me

aesop rock is just plain BLAH

TUCO
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
i dun listen to any of em....i hope Doom gets some MTV time though

Meta4
11-14-2005, 08:40 PM
wow u guys truly r a bunch of fuckin retards, i think its funny how u only want to hear that real street shit as you sit and type away at your computers as if the only thing you can relate to is the struggle. you r a bunch of fuckin idiots if you think these guys are gay because they rap about universal topics that every one can relate to. would you rather that they start rapping about how theyre putting a bullet in someone every five fuckin minutes,

Actually I have a very diverse selection of music. I enjoy Bach and Mozart alike. The fact still remains that...

Aesop and Atmosphere both equally blow ass.

Ever heard of Subterraneous??? they're pretty gangsta in your opinion I'm guessing. Your a faggot back-packer, I can smell the Power Bar on you.

triggahappy187
11-14-2005, 08:51 PM
They gettin airplay because a lot of dudes today switchin it up, a lot of cats new to rap who when they first got into rap, started listenin to what was in crunk and all that. Now these same dudes get hated on cuz that's what they know so they decide to listen to what everyone NOW is approving of the "real" shit. Give it a year or so and the underground scene is gone be huge.

brown_dogg
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
The only reason why I think Aesop got on MTV was cuz of the MTV Woodie Awards thing (it's some college music awards sponsored by MTV or something like that). And Aesop was one of the nominees for best animated video cuz of the video for "Fast Cars". So I think they had him on MTV just to make all the college kids happy.

KBOS
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
On another note, MTV had some little brother shit on their front page of their website

MissleR245
11-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Straight nail in the coffin and one cat said it best only because they white. They will never give real hip hop from the source like Immortal Technique spittin real shit any time of day..Also Dipset all day and not because it's "in" but because they got that FFFIIIIREEE. Recognize lil tweetie boys..Also don't come on this forum thinkin Wutang with that lame Aesop shit..they either about knowledge of self a small few or gettin that ass and hydro and let's not forget stackin lucci..One

MissleR245
11-15-2005, 11:16 AM

Straight HOMO..period..lol..what u think gangstas don't have computers like street cats suppose to be retards and goof balls. Man up nigga! After I check out music info from all these sites I go straight back to the hood direct from community college. That's wassup..go learn somethin..Fish

bringoutthegimp
11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
aesop rock is a no talent, if he is representing the underground then everyone is going to get the wrong idea, dipset shit all over this fool

Murdah Piff
11-15-2005, 01:23 PM

serioulsly gimme a fuckin break you relate to homos rappin about rockin flip flops and goin to phish shows

backpacker nerd

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
shit i was shocked when i saw saigon on mtv

i hope they continue like this

stak84
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Im definitely not a "fag backpacker" as you so eloquently put it, I play college football and i fuckin hate hippies. All im tryin to say is different does not automatically equal shit, and there is alot of shit out there like that one crew...i forget their name.... oh yeah dipset the only real gangster in that whole crew is Freaky Zeeky and he doesnt even rap. You got Juelz santanas pussy ass throwing microphones at people and shit you think these guys are real street shit they fuckin blow and for the record ANdre Nickatina is my favorite rapper. ANd no i dont think that hood folks are all retards and goofballs cuz im from the bay and i sure as fuck aint a retard just sounds to me like you think that you need to hate anything that aint gangster to preserve your "street status", Its fuckin stupid

snapple
11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
you relate to homos rappin about rockin flip flops and goin to phish shows

backpacker nerdi HATE aseop rock but you odviously haven't listend to him, cause he's not spittin about that shit at all...damn kids on this board don't give shit a chance at all...so quick to hate. fuck the haters atmosphere has put out some DOPE records. and what the fuck is wrong with flipflops, i know thugs who rock flipflops don't front like you've never worn a pair of sandles...