PDA

View Full Version : Apple or Android?

oldie
04-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Who do you side with?
Apple all the way for me, most of my mates are Android lovers though n some guy was tryna sell me a HTC phone today lol god knows what model it was but it looked as cheap n nasty as the other HTC's - he was reeling off why Android is better than Apple so I said "yeah but you can't get FIFA on your phone" then he loaded up Real Football n told me to have a go on it n I was like "I said FIFA not Real Football" n walked off.
I got a mate tryna sell me a Samsung too, that's also on Android Market/got a google stamp on the back

Also if Android is better than Apple then why is every new phone of theirs labeled as an 'iPhone killer' ....cos they're tryna play catch up on the phone Market against Apple - plus every HTC n new samsung is an imitation of an iPhone - everyone tryna copy it

SKAMPOE
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
apple apple apple

Visionz
04-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Android progresses at a much faster pace than what iphones do. Market share and innovation aren't the same thing. With that being said Android probably wouldn't be here without the iPhone but people pretending there's a huge gap between the two are playing themselves, functionality-wise a high-end Android phone and an iPhone are both phones that will do just about anything.

IrOnMaN
04-13-2011, 05:17 PM
http://static.arstechnica.net/assets/2010/06/iphone4-thumb-640xauto-14425.jpg

http://www.mobilebond.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/big_Htc-Thunderbolt01.jpg

I've heard that the HTC Thunderbolt is superior to the iPhone 4 in everyway. I don't own a touchscreen phone, unfortunately. I wish I did.

Visionz
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
It's subjective. There's Apps out there that only get developed for Apple. If that App is crucial to what you want in a phone then specs alone won't matter. I have an Evo and the Evo 3d is gonna be sick. It does everything I need it to but its ok if someone needs something else. The fanaticism that revolves around phones is kinda crazy lol

Professor Poopsnagle
04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Does Apple support flash already?

CEITEDMOFO
04-13-2011, 06:25 PM
THE GOD HANDLEs ANDROIDs

I COULD DO A EARLY UPGRADE AND GET THE THUNDERBOLT

OTHER NEW DROIDS WILL BE DROID CHARGE AND INCREDIBLE 2

BUT IMA WAIT TIL AUGUST AND PROBABLY COP THE BIONIC IN JUNE COMES OUT WIT IPHONE 5

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/iphone-5-v-bionic-600x489.jpg

Professor Poopsnagle
04-13-2011, 06:37 PM
C3njjD41f48

CEITEDMOFO
04-13-2011, 07:07 PM
c4wEeWMhAYU

SKAMPOE
04-13-2011, 08:20 PM
iphones do support flash

CEITEDMOFO
04-13-2011, 08:32 PM
DOnT U HAVE AN EVO

TheBoarzHeadBoy
04-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I rock an I4 but I hate Apple in general. Although I might change my mind if I win that tablet in the contest I entered... In that case I'm going to buy a Mac for the sake of consistency. If not my Iphone will be my only apple device.

SKAMPOE
04-14-2011, 07:43 AM
DOnT U HAVE AN EVO

Nah, jig has it, I has the palm pre, but I have apple tv and 4th gen iopod touch....

oldie
04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
It's subjective. There's Apps out there that only get developed for Apple. If that App is crucial to what you want in a phone then specs alone won't matter. I have an Evo and the Evo 3d is gonna be sick. It does everything I need it to but its ok if someone needs something else. The fanaticism that revolves around phones is kinda crazy lol

That's a good way to look at it tbh. To me Apple wins cos of FIFA11 - I ain't seen it on an Android yet although I could be wrong.
It seems to me that you can do more in the way of applications on an iPhone.

I aint saying performance wise that iPhone kills all cos Ive been told that there Are phones out there that are faster than the iPhone n have a better screen etc

But I'm happy on my iPhone 3GS - 9 months into my 18 month contract.

I've recently jailbreaked my iPhone which opens it up to a world of changes like message tones, lock tones/lock screens, different keyboard font/sounds

Can this be done on an Android????

SKAMPOE
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I only use my fone for calling and tethering wifi to my apple devices and or xboxesss