PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever invented something (realistic) but dont have the means to create it??

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I just finished watching The Social Network and what occurred to me was that I bet there were many people who thought about making a FaceBook-like page like Mark Zuckerberg but just didn't know anything about html, codes, etc...I wonder how many inventions or ideas have been lost through the ages just because someone thought it would never be popular or also because they didn't have the resources or didn't know where to begin or who to talk to. Is there a reasonable, realistic idea you've came up with but brushed off?

For example, my grandmother loves to knit, crochet, sew, and all that shit. Growing up, my brother and I would always request for her to make us "towel shorts." They were shorts made out of towel material that you put on when you come out of the shower. That way, you dont have to tie a towel around your waist. We would always think about patenting those fuckers. Years later of course, perusing through a mail catalog, we see towel shorts. FML in the A.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-16-2011, 04:01 AM
http://4chanarchive.org/images/gif/934336/1198553992238.gif

http://4chanarchive.org/images/gif/934336/1198555790812.gif

http://4chanarchive.org/images/gif/934336/1198556259861.gif

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
You invented facials but don't have a penis?

Lex Lugor
04-16-2011, 01:59 PM
haha

ive had a few of (what seemed like) good invention ideas but I guess none of them were that good being as I dont remember them...

Olive Oil Goombah
04-16-2011, 02:03 PM
there are idea men, than there are the scientists and engineers who devise and create the ideas

TSA
04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
hell yeah! i think of all types of shit that i can't possibly make.

drippie k
04-16-2011, 04:25 PM
in high school, for a project i made an umbrella that, when openned, had a clear plastic sheet coming down from around it so when you walk in the rain with it and its windy or something, you wont get wet at all really...it was just a bitch to put it away

TSA
04-17-2011, 12:26 AM
^dude, that's a good idea lol

mine was an artificial heart with some type of internet like connection to the doctors

or a divise you put in people in poor condition that monitors blood, heart rate and shit like that and sends its via what ever to somewhere that can monitor it so that ppl that need to be monitored can be home before dying as opposed to a hospital.

then TV that's like the internet where every channel in the world is available to you just like how every website in the world is available only you just type in the name of the channel, and instead of going in order of time with programming you just pick what you wanna watch and can be alerted when new episodes are added.

like if MASH come on at 10, you can watch all the mash you want (reruns) then at 10 it updates you and say dude, new mash, and you can watch the new mash like it's been taped on a DVR.

every channel would just be a data base of programming.

also the same thing for video games. you just pay a monthly fee like net flicks and it allows you to download whatever the fuck you want and for ppl to be able to upload games they made and shit.

also a computerized assault rifle

a stealth speed boat that can go under water for reasonable amounts of time and is nearly silent when it moves due to design

and a well thought out and researched theory on numerizing thoughts.

JASPER BEARDLY
04-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Numerizing thoughts

JASPER BEARDLY
04-17-2011, 02:28 AM
???

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2011, 03:09 AM
^dude, that's a good idea lol

mine was an artificial heart with some type of internet like connection to the doctors

or a divise you put in people in poor condition that monitors blood, heart rate and shit like that and sends its via what ever to somewhere that can monitor it so that ppl that need to be monitored can be home before dying as opposed to a hospital.

^Stuff like this is already being developed and will most likely use Micro MEMS: http://www.mems-exchange.org/MEMS/what-is.html

then TV that's like the internet where every channel in the world is available to you just like how every website in the world is available only you just type in the name of the channel, and instead of going in order of time with programming you just pick what you wanna watch and can be alerted when new episodes are added.

like if MASH come on at 10, you can watch all the mash you want (reruns) then at 10 it updates you and say dude, new mash, and you can watch the new mash like it's been taped on a DVR.

every channel would just be a data base of programming.

Google already has a head start on this, but licensing negotiations from the large networks screwed it up

also the same thing for video games. you just pay a monthly fee like net flicks and it allows you to download whatever the fuck you want and for ppl to be able to upload games they made and shit.

this has been out for years:
http://www.gamefly.com/

also a computerized assault rifle

not a good idea: http://gunsafe.org/position%20statements/Smart%20guns.htm

a stealth speed boat that can go under water for reasonable amounts of time and is nearly silent when it moves due to design

how about a submarine?

and a well thought out and researched theory on numerizing thoughts.

http://www.hiphoprx.com/content/uploads/2010/05/dmx-mug-shot.jpg

JASPER BEARDLY
04-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Hahaha

Visionz
04-17-2011, 05:23 AM
I would love an electro-brain cap that could transcribe thoughts by deciphering the electrical brain pulses just as quick as I could think em.........2070 ish maybe?

TSA
04-17-2011, 02:03 PM
no pussy not a submarine a fucking stealth speed boat. your the d-bag that told the guy who invented the gun "why not the slingshot"

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
no pussy not a submarine a fucking stealth speed boat. your the d-bag that told the guy who invented the gun "why not the slingshot"

Ohhh so like the Navy's IX-529?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/US_Navy_Sea_Shadow_stealth_craft.jpg/800px-US_Navy_Sea_Shadow_stealth_craft.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shadow_%28IX-529%29

I don't think it submerges though. That's what submarines are for.

APOLLO STASH
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
idk if this counts or not but way before that movie Invictus was even though of, i always wanted Morgan Freeman to play Nelson Mandela in a film. i was like the first fucking one to think of it, at least the first one in my life, and i told mad people about the idea. when the movie came out i was pissed, but everyone still knew that i thought of it first so i got a little credit i guess

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
A lot of the things you cats are coming up with are interesting but are too complicated for 99% of consumers and wont make you billionaires. The key to a great creation is to either:

1. Create something which will make everyone's life happier in an easy-to-use way.

or

2. GIVE THE IDEA that it will make everyone's life happier in an easy-to-use way.

For example, FaceBook. It's something every human being can live without, but most people can't live without it. (Are ya following me? It falls into my category #1.) Another great idea were Beanie Babies (it falls into my category #2.) Or how about those panties for ladies with fake buttock pads created to give under-developed women a more aesthetically pleasing look? (That's #1.) Also, how about fabric softener? Nobody needs that shit. Ever. EVER. Same thing with bumper stickers. The list goes on and on.

The "easy-to-use way" is the key ingredient. The less effort a person has to put into what they just bought, the better.

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
A lot of the things you cats are coming up with are interesting but are too complicated for 99% of consumers and wont make you billionaires. The key to a great creation is to either:

1. Create something which will make everyone's life happier in an easy-to-use way.

or

2. GIVE THE IDEA that it will make everyone's life happier in an easy-to-use way.

For example, FaceBook. It's something every human being can live without, but most people can't live without it. (Are ya following me? It falls into my category #1.) Another great idea were Beanie Babies (it falls into my category #2.) Or how about those panties for ladies with fake buttock pads created to give under-developed women a more aesthetically pleasing look? (That's #1.) Also, how about fabric softener? Nobody needs that shit. Ever. EVER. Same thing with bumper stickers. The list goes on and on.

The "easy-to-use way" is the key ingredient. The less effort a person has to put into what they just bought, the better.

The thing about Zuckerburg, is that he not only had a strong programming background, but has a natural acumen for being a business man and understanding much more about getting a company up and running than the average 20 something year old. Not surprising -considering Harvard breeds entrepreneurs.

I think he also most likely had a vested interest in the anthropologic qualities of his creation during the early stages.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
a coffee table book about coffee tables that turns into a coffee table.

Art Vandelay
04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Well, this will really free up my time so I can focus on more important things, like my bladder system. You see the idea is for a rubber ball inside the tanker so if it crashes, the oil won’t spill out.

http://skreened.com/render-product/e/p/i/epicqesyxgkcvrncuxqx/kramerica-industries-oil-tanker-bladder-system-logo-t-shirt.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.gold.w760h760.jpg

Mumm Ra
04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
a gum that somehow stops you from blowing dirty during a breathalyser test

HANZO
04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
well iv done research on composite materials which not alot of ppl even know about. my idea was to create a super lightweight bulletproof vest constructed from a special hybrid composite. its a legit idea can be done easily, i actually proposed it to my university and it would have been my phD if i continued but i didnt.

also for bulletproof vest you could use liquid composites. basically armour which when still is in liquid form but on impact becomes solid. can be done with different materials. but i think this is now being researched now.

another idea is to have a hydrogen fuel cell in your house which turns the waste water into Hydrogen and Heat or recycle the water to use again. so you can fill up your hydrogen fuel cell car, heat up your home or keep the water usage of the house low.

a jet fighter exhaust which instead of releasing the heat from the engine out, stores it and that stored energy can be used as like a sort of super boost for the jet. kind of a pointless idea since jets have afterburners but afterburners theoretically will burn more fuel than my idea on top of making the jet heavier.

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-17-2011, 09:28 PM
^ Interesting, but where would you acquire the resources to create such madness?? You gotta come up with easier shit if you want to see your Frankenstein come alive.

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2011, 11:49 PM
not really

now that funding platforms like Kickstarter are available http://www.kickstarter.com/

RzaRectum
04-18-2011, 12:37 AM
A realistic in appearance and texture device used to pleasure women. I refer to it as "the Kong".

TSA
04-18-2011, 01:16 AM
a coffee table book about coffee tables that turns into a coffee table.
hahahahahahahahaaa