PDA

View Full Version : Rakim speaking on hip hop respect and maturity

True Father Allah
04-24-2011, 03:27 AM
http://www.arizonabeats.com/forum/showthread.php?31186-Rakim-speaking-on-hip-hop-respect-and-maturity

Edgar Erebus
04-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Rambling.

I actually stopped paying attention after he started talking about introducing some rules. If you wanna ruin a genre, the best way to do it is to introduce rules. It worked for jazz.

JASPER BEARDLY
04-24-2011, 04:55 AM
idk if rakim is a guy who deserves to be ignored... i think u make a fairpoint but this is rakim allah we're talking about

JASPER BEARDLY
04-24-2011, 05:02 AM
hahaha maybe u should actually listen before u dismiss what someone says the ONLY rule he suggested was to show respect

he didn't really ramble. his points could have been more concise sure yet he further explained everything he was trying to say. they asked if there should be an age restriction and he said no, it's who he is, and went on to suggest that maybe ppl should make more mature music in their advanced age.

logitrax
04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
hahaha maybe u should actually listen before u dismiss what someone says the ONLY rule he suggested was to show respect

he didn't really ramble. his points could have been more concise sure yet he further explained everything he was trying to say. they asked if there should be an age restriction and he said no, it's who he is, and went on to suggest that maybe ppl should make more mature music in their advanced age.

Yeah, he made it very clear that the "rule" comment was just talking about old school artists respecting new artists and vice versa. Slim T...you really believed that Rakim would advocate restricting someone's creativity?

True Father Allah
04-26-2011, 10:53 PM
a classic case of an individual speaking about something without doing the knowledge first. The god made complete sense. I think a problem with our culture is that too many don't LISTEN to those that know what they are talking about and pay attention to those that don't.
PEACE

EAGLE EYE
04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
and went on to suggest that maybe ppl should make more mature music in their advanced age.

maybe Prodigy needs to hear that lol