04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
this is a good read. I need to cop a physical copy of the album

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/04/the-making-of-mobb-deep-the-infamous

JASPER BEARDLY
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
thx

JASPER BEARDLY
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
expected more shit probably took longer to transcribe the quotes than to actually write it, nice to know what tip did but it was pretty much inferred by anyone who knows anything about music

theheavens
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
I didn't realize Q-Tip was so involved in the album

Jammin
04-26-2011, 04:41 AM
thanks

fortyglock
04-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I didn't realize Q-Tip was so involved in the album

Same, I read that he was more involved with the album besides his productions, but not to that level.

This was a really good read.

josborne3680
04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Good read. Complex beat XXL to the punch. XXL has a bunch of great album making articles. Peace

claaa7
04-27-2011, 03:12 PM
incredible read

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Tip's executive involvement in that album is common knowledge

stay gold
04-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice read, I'm surprised that they finished a lot of the songs so quickly when they made them.

mAlAkAz
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
never new ghostface did a verse for an Eye for Eye (Your Beef is Mine) Remix which they never got to finish, but the verse then ended up on Real Live Shit (Remix)

claaa7
04-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Tip's executive involvement in that album is common knowledge

yeah it's been known for years that he was overseeing the project and mixing the majority of the records. you can hear on several songs Q-Tip's unmistakable drums, and he did it for the love. Q-Tip is so fucking underrated it ain't even funny. he's a great producer and a great rapper but also a master sonically.

i wonder why he didn't get the proper credits in the booklet tho, besidees the three tracks he produced (and also mixed) he is only listed to have mixed two additional tracks, i think "Trife Life" and "Up North Trip" but just by listening it's clear he did alot more than that.

such a classic album, the involvement of Tip is one of the reasons why "Infamous" is their best album of all time altho "Hell On Earth "ain't to far away

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-28-2011, 09:20 AM
never new ghostface did a verse for an Eye for Eye (Your Beef is Mine) Remix which they never got to finish, but the verse then ended up on Real Live Shit (Remix)

i havent read this complex piece yet but the OG for Right Back At You also featured another rapper from Staten but he got taken off for Big Noyd, always wondered who that was

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
yeah it's been known for years that he was overseeing the project and mixing the majority of the records. you can hear on several songs Q-Tip's unmistakable drums, and he did it for the love. Q-Tip is so fucking underrated it ain't even funny. he's a great producer and a great rapper but also a master sonically.

i wonder why he didn't get the proper credits in the booklet tho, besidees the three tracks he produced (and also mixed) he is only listed to have mixed two additional tracks, i think "Trife Life" and "Up North Trip" but just by listening it's clear he did alot more than that.

such a classic album, the involvement of Tip is one of the reasons why "Infamous" is their best album of all time altho "Hell On Earth "ain't to far away

yeah it was a community back then and no one cared so much about grabbing the limelight with production credits etc more about the crew and the product of the album, Tip was always like that anyway

benzo
04-28-2011, 09:43 AM
if Ghost would have ended up on Eye For An Eye there would be no debate over which album was their best.

claaa7
04-28-2011, 04:40 PM
i havent read this complex piece yet but the OG for Right Back At You also featured another rapper from Staten but he got taken off for Big Noyd, always wondered who that was

yeah Mobb's A&R Schott Free was from Staten Island and he hooked up Rae and Ghost on "Right Back @ You". but originally it was a song by a group i think called Hype (?) from SI, and Hav wanted to keep his verse but P said Hype (?) needed to come down to the studio and spit another verse but he declined. so they got Rae and Ghost instead since they wanted the Staten flavor.

JakobR
04-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks for sharing. Q-tip is one of the very few legendary producers of the 90's that has only gotten better.

Does anyone know when his Zulu album will come out?

djskillz
04-28-2011, 08:47 PM
complex interviews>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other hip hop related magazine/website interviews.

claaa7
04-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Thanks for sharing. Q-tip is one of the very few legendary producers of the 90's that has only gotten better.

Does anyone know when his Zulu album will come out?

Q-Tip is such an amazing producer and so underrated, one of the reasons is that he always saw it as a team effort and rather have his crew shine than individual credit; like putting A Tribe Called Quest, The Abstract or The Ummah instead of Q-Tip on the album booklets.

i don't know how Q-Tip has only gotten better over the years tho, that's crazy to me. the three first Tribe albums are undisputed masterpieces, better than anything else he ever did. the 7-10 beats he did on "Beats, Rhymes..." was crazy too but i didn't like the 8 tracks he and Ali did for "The Love Movement" too much with a few exceptions. "The Renaissance" was incredible tho, but not as good as the early Tribe albums - and i mean come on "American Way" by Nas would be a better song than One Love" by your logic.

complex interviews>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other hip hop related magazine/website interviews.

YES!!! i agree fully, Complex is killing it right now. amazing site!