PDA

View Full Version : Check me out! Trials n Tribulations - First sampled beat

THE MASON
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
LOL

go easy on the god

http://www.box.net/shared/j7grb8556l

outta shear boredom thought id loop up a drum break, and see what i could do. }:T#(ure
i already know it aint that great, but i had no where else to put it and figured i might get some tips

}:|

SKAMPOE
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
this is perfect to spit on it n chop n skrew the vocals

shit is chunky n mellow

i rly dig this shit

i can see inf n rugged sounds kill this shit on sum chop n skrew tip

catx420x
04-29-2011, 03:42 PM
this is pretty good for your 1st beat, drums are bangin. what program did u use?

THE MASON
04-29-2011, 03:47 PM
peace skamp, they can gladly swing it if they want too haha

and i just used Sony Sound Forge. everything was chopped on my PC in that program, thats why its so loopy. i havent figured out how to have multiple tracks going at once, but got that far lol

i tried to mask the drum break as much as i could from being obvious to point out, can yall guess where i got it from?

Killer Falcon
04-29-2011, 04:23 PM
yeah this is ok man, but some of the melody line sounds a bit off time. good place to start though, just keep at it man, you only get better

did you make this all in sound forge? don't think you can multitrack at all in that program, from what i know of it. since its a waveform editor its mainly intended for working with individual audio files

peace

THE MASON
04-29-2011, 04:30 PM
ya i agree, it does sound outta sync with the melody on some parts.

and i am now realizing that Sound Forge is very very limited, oh well. i was just messin around anyways. sooner or later ill get something a little better

Killer Falcon
04-29-2011, 04:35 PM
sound forge is a good program..... but the wrong tool for the job

i'd recommend getting hold of ableton live, thats great for working with sample based stuff

keep at the beats though man!

catx420x
04-29-2011, 04:58 PM
bronze if u have FL and if your serious about producing then I'll hook u up with some tips. u def got a good ear for samples.

THE MASON
04-29-2011, 05:06 PM
appreciate that Kuma, ill def need some tips

i dont FL but i been lookin to DL it or even buy it fully. if anyone has a virus free certified copy i can download, hook me up cause id like to get into it more

catx420x
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
aight I'll prolly have it for u later today if nobody has a legit copy.

THE MASON
04-29-2011, 05:28 PM
^cant rep you but if you hook me up. i got you rep for a lifetime lol with some varied intervels

but thatd be dope fam, last one i tried my shit instantly caught a virus, which has stopped me from tryin again

THE MASON
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?6u522itiwqx2d8v

heres the sample i used, someone can prolly rock it better

catx420x
04-30-2011, 03:48 AM
FL 9- http://www.mediafire.com/?1c77vftzappbpf4

ozone- http://www.mediafire.com/?q1bgba1w8l5sb0b

if u have an antivirus on then it will detect the crack is a virus but it's not. it always does that so don't worry about it.

installation instructions are in the folder, pm me if u need any tips. enjoy!

THE MASON
04-30-2011, 11:46 AM
thanks a lot Kuma!! this will give me something better to work with.

imma get Ozone too, but whats that all about?

Boss_Digger
04-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Not bad for a first go man, the samp is completley out of sync tho!! but as a falcon said wrong tools for the job really, you need to get both elements tempo matched either by more vigorous chopping or pitching the samples/drums down/up till they match also make sure the sample is leading of the first beat of the drum, its all in the counting fam, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4

BornPower
04-30-2011, 04:05 PM
this is not bad, Bronze. I like the vibe and "floaty" sensation, I can see why you'd want to add more to this (it sounds a bit undone like you said).
I just got a hold of FL studio 9 and what you have here is better than what I've been able to make so far.

love the sample btw

catx420x
04-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Not bad for a first go man, the samp is completley out of sync tho!! but as a falcon said wrong tools for the job really, you need to get both elements tempo matched either by more vigorous chopping or pitching the samples/drums down/up till they match also make sure the sample is leading of the first beat of the drum, its all in the counting fam, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4

^exactly

@ no prblem, bronze once u know how to chop up a sample, u could sample almost any song. ozone is just for EQing, I don't know much about that program but it does make the sample sound better. peace

THE MASON
04-30-2011, 04:49 PM
appreciate the feed, i got FL 9 up and running and only made some drum loops with the stock sounds, gonna have to take sometime and really work things out.

soon yall gonna hear what i can produce. any of yall producers who wanna help, tips are welcome and imma be houndin the PM boxes lol

SKAMPOE
04-30-2011, 04:53 PM
FL 9- http://www.mediafire.com/?1c77vftzappbpf4

ozone- http://www.mediafire.com/?q1bgba1w8l5sb0b

if u have an antivirus on then it will detect the crack is a virus but it's not. it always does that so don't worry about it.

installation instructions are in the folder, pm me if u need any tips. enjoy!
repped

KSTVRLSN
05-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I guess it's all been said basically, but it's a nice sample and just the thing that you made this in sound forge is pretty hardcore :)

Could probably mix down the drums a little to bring the sample out more.

But now if you start using FL9 i guess there will be guite some advance in your beatmaking skill, i think you have a good ear for finding dope samples !

And from what I've heard FL9 is a great program for making beats.
Never used it myself so I can't really give you any tips on the program.
But good luck and hope to hear some dope shit from you soon :)

THE MASON
05-01-2011, 11:47 PM
peace fam thanks for the feed.

right now im tryin to work on gettin samples into FL and choppin em up proper. shits harder then it seems lol.

any FL pros got the tips, hit me with a PM or something. or get at me on MSN