PDA

View Full Version : Explain for me what the Royal Family is please...

diggy
04-29-2011, 07:07 PM
What is their role?

Why are people so interested in them?

Where does their money come from (for things like the Prince marriage)?

Do they have power?

Why was the marriage of the Prince a significant event broadcast around the world?

Do they pay taxes?

Do they have jobs like regular people?

What do they contribute to society besides smiling for pictures and shaking hands?

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
its called wikipedia

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 07:35 PM
What is their role?

Do they have power?

Why was the marriage of the Prince a significant event broadcast around the world?

Do they pay taxes?

What do they contribute to society besides smiling for pictures and shaking hands?

oK the best way to say it is there descendent's of great mass murderers having nobility means some were down the line in you family you have a great warrior contrary to your belief Catherine Middleton is of noble blood because her last name is not a trade name like smith or Carpenter just her ancestor didn't kill as much as Boudicca did this is the one thing that sets nobility apart from the average person just like my Irish side of the family are know as legendary highwaymen (criminals for higher) since Roman times its blood really just that

no to the question

What is their role?
in todays society nobility is no determined buy wealth and we all know the role money plays in politics

celebrities we cant get enough of there renown

spoils of war (kill a man keep his sword)

Do they have power?
as much as money talks

renown

Do they pay taxes?
according to the Magnacarta all citizens don't clergy and nobility but i'm not sure about this one

nope but they have to serve in the military but that a joke know a days, but whose to stop them

what does any one of us contribute to society

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 07:40 PM
kill a man your a murderer, kill thousand your a king
-Vlad III [the impaler(Dracula)]

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
hmmm...my last loosely translated is descendent of the holy.....

what does that mean o wise one?

was the patriarch of my family name a clergyman?

diggy
04-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Is the Royal Family 'democratic'?

Are they relevant western societies or in any society in the 2011?

diggy
04-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Btw, thanks Louis for the answers. I would also like other peoples answers and Dicky, I've searched wiki, but wiki does not cover eveything.

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 08:11 PM
hmmm...my last loosely translated is descendent of the holy.....

what does that mean o wise one?

was the patriarch of my family name a clergyman?

the translation means little but if your of European descent and you are not named after a trade your likely in the warrior cast and thous nobility
my last name before marriage was Malcome-Angel of War- yet we served with Hannibal and Attila so nothing Christian about us

Is the Royal Family 'democratic'?

there English Dems not american

as much as there money allows

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 08:14 PM
they are traditions. symbolic figureheads.

They hold little or no political power or influence these days.

Its like cavalry units during a parade or a police funeral.

They serve no real purpose other than ceremony. Pomp and circumstance.

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 08:24 PM
don't forget money

it says everything in the political world

check two
04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Most of the royal family is weird looking.

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 08:34 PM
inbreeding it does wonders for the skin

diggy
04-29-2011, 08:38 PM
they are traditions. symbolic figureheads.

They hold little or no political power or influence these days.

Its like cavalry units during a parade or a police funeral.

They serve no real purpose other than ceremony. Pomp and circumstance.

Ok. So could anybody dress up as a prince, king, queen, etc. and act those roles out and meet people in the street to shake hands and be loved by many? Why or why not? Because they are not in a royal family? If so, that leads to this question---

What I meant by if they are democratic is, does this whole idea of a king, queen, and prince agree with democratic principles? - social equality, and stuff.

Why do we marvel at a family who obtained their wealth by criminal means?

You said they are symbols...symbols of what?

Why didn't the news media talk about the origins of their family income?

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Ok. So could anybody dress up as a prince, king, queen, etc. and act those roles out and meet people in the street to shake hands and be loved by many? Why or why not? Because they are not in a royal family? If so, that leads to this question---

What I meant by if they are democratic is, does this whole idea of a king, queen, and prince agree with democratic principles? - social equality, and stuff.

You said they are symbols...symbols of what?

Why didn't the news media talk about the origins of their family income?

no because of there history

no there no democratic them selfs but the vote goes to England democratic part most of the time i think

criminal? theres nothing criminal about war..
but for years we in society marvel at criminals its a fantasy that allows us to live out are rebellious nature..why do you listen Ghost when he sings about crime

symbols of Englands history

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 09:01 PM
dude....its not that deep.

the monarchies and royal families rules before the house of commons or the reichstag, for example took control.

slowly the royal power waned as societal changes happened.

the countries goverance evolved.

Its happens in pretty much every culture around the world. Band, tribe, city state, kingdom empire, state etc. etc.

They are symbols of the past. Living proof of the lineage of the royal families that ruled england.

In many ways it is a fraternaty seeing as how the royal familys across europe are actuallly family....they are related.

This was done to preserve wealth and power. In the old days, this was how it ws done.

Only recently as like 1900 have people been marrying for "love". back than it was all business.

In many ways we have earned more freedoms but less certainty.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
criminal means you say?

to be upheld in what court or broken under what law?

current law?

You have to put things into their historical context in order to fully understand them.

TSA
04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
is the american government not a 'criminal'?

'crime' is a term rich people used to keep poor people from doing that shit that is either reserved for them or made them rich to begin with.

no entity can accend past their given level of status or power without destroying, rearranging, or challenging the status quo, and all these things are called crimes if you fail and history if you succeed.

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 09:08 PM
dude....its not that deep.

the monarchies and royal families rules before the house of commons or the reichstag, for example took control.

slowly the royal power waned as societal changes happened.

the countries goverance evolved.

Its happens in pretty much every culture around the world. Band, tribe, city state, kingdom empire, state etc. etc.

They are symbols of the past. Living proof of the lineage of the royal families that ruled england.

In many ways it is a fraternaty seeing as how the royal familys across europe are actuallly family....they are related.

This was done to preserve wealth and power. In the old days, this was how it ws done.

Only recently as like 1900 have people been marrying for "love". back than it was all business.

In many ways we have earned more freedoms but less certainty.

yup yup
someone paid attention in cultural anthropology

TSA
04-29-2011, 09:08 PM
you can pussy foot your way to power by doing the 'right thing' and you may be at most respectively power but you'll never be an owner of the means to power, or member of the owner class until you shed a faggot's blood. therefore all powerful ppl that haven't taken this route are only powerful by permission of the owner class that did shed a faggot's blood.

if it wasn't for cromwell taking it straight to the monarch's dome, the royal family would still be the real power in england and only give parliment power when it's convenient to them. So you can say the royal family accended through crime, but so did parliment, and every non pussy in history, if you're calling general murder and self serving carnage 'crime'.

Dokuro
04-29-2011, 09:12 PM
even TSA on one

see FMJ this is how you learn some one

diggy
04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Yup.

Good answers.

shaolinsword
04-30-2011, 08:01 AM
What is their role?

To bring in millions of pounds

History, tradition

Tax payers

Do they have power?

The mornachy haven't had power for a very long time. The country is, unfortunately, ran by politicians

Fuck knows

Do they pay taxes?

Doubt it

Prince William works for the RAF's search and rescue team

fuck all

ShaDynasty
04-30-2011, 10:12 AM
They're a bunch of inbred rich people. As near as I can tell, their only skill seems to be waving. But they are very good at it.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
04-30-2011, 01:22 PM
They Queen is head of state for 16 countries and a sort of goodwill ambassador for another 40 or so, she has all the diplomatic functions of a president while the PM manages things. She's basically president of the Commonwealth. The PM is her Vice President/President of the Senate/Parliament for the United Kingdom, and numerous other leaders fill similar roles in other countries. She got this job by being descended from other important people. Britain isn't a country, it's a privately owned business that's been kept in the family for hundreds of years. Its like if you left a business to your son. The British people are the employees and they contribute by paying taxes and obeying the laws.

The other nobles are just relatives or those who for varying reasons were granted titles as recognition by the country. The idea is you have a lot of these nice historic estates and rather than make them purely museums or purely residences, by granting them titles, the estates stay in a sort of limbo between public and private estates. The US does the same thing with the homes of Presidents and such although they aren't lived in anymore.