PDA

View Full Version : Steel Reserve - Dont Sleep Yall

llBARlllCODEll
05-11-2011, 04:11 AM
I took some time and learned a few new things

Dont sleep on this one fellas. Any feedback is appreciated, Positive or Negative Energy, im corrctin errors. peace

http://soundcloud.com/barcode-3/steel-reserve

KSTVRLSN
05-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Sample sounds real dope, I don't really feel the multiple snare hits.
You could probably bring that in then and then. As it is now, in my opinion, too often.
But then again Somebody else might love that !

Didn't really pay attention to the mix, so I won't comment on that.

But I can tell that you made some progress in the beatmaking also, cool stuff !
Keep it up !

THE MASON
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
ye i agree the double snare is a little much, you should leave that rapid snare at the end of the loop, sample work is dope imo like how it switches.

but you gotta layer the drums up, and drop out that double snare imo. good improvements tho, keep at it dude

llBARlllCODEll
05-11-2011, 02:11 PM
thanks for listening and the feedback fellas. i worked on this one until i was so tired that i almost smashed my face in the keyboard. just figuring out what samples i wanted to use and gte rid of. i was really trying to make this one different from the rest of all my repetative assed beats. i agree with both of u, especially Bronze about keepin the multiple snares at the end of the loop. and mixing aint really my shindig yet but i think im gaining ground so we'll see. thanks again

INF
05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Word.I like this vibe but that kick is thumping way too hard. The sample is good and the change chops are dope. Good variety in chops.

Fix the kick. There is even a time when it doubles and sounds not good at all at the end.take that off.

good chops again. the drum patterns are cool too , I like busy stuff like that. you could maybe loosen up the drums a lil like take and set em back just a notch or ( I hate to say this) quantize them maybe.... I am not big on quantize cuz I like to find the correct timing on my own when tapping out drums but lately I been going back quantizing tight rhythms on the drums trying to loosen them a bit and it works. I mainly do it for making the diff patterns really lock good and transition well into each other. I'm pretty unorthodox tho so don't take my opinion too serious.

llBARlllCODEll
05-12-2011, 05:58 PM
thanks I-N-F im glad u liked the concept of it. i didnt notice that double kick until u pointed it out. i cant figure out where its comin from though. any suggestions? im guessing it was something that i did after the fact. i looked and listened through all the tracks and patterns and kind find it anywhere. im bangin ur souncloud right now by the way. DOPENESS

Jonny Details
05-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Dope beat I agreed wit my man above I usually am picky about multiple snares it doesn't feel that excessive in this case tho

llBARlllCODEll
05-15-2011, 03:25 PM
i think i fixed this shit yall

http://soundcloud.com/barcode-3/steele-reserve-fixed

any further feedback is appreciated. thanks yall

INF
05-15-2011, 04:42 PM
yeah its fixed. I like the changes in this beat because it offers some variety to be given in the flow.bout to spend some time alone with this and I'll slide it back when its ready.

PEACE