PDA

View Full Version : bachelor of arts vs. bachelor of science

theheavens
05-13-2011, 04:55 PM
which is more significant and more economically appropriate today?

IrOnMaN
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
In my opinion, you should go for the B.S. degree because you'll have more knowledge in your field of study and you'll be more marketable. Also, it helps to gain job experience while in college because these days, employers are looking for job experience because employers now are stating that new college graduates don't have experience nor good communication skills.

So, a bachelors of science is the way to go. I know it will suck because you'll have to take a lot more courses but in the end, it's worth it.

TSA
05-13-2011, 09:38 PM
bachelors of arts has diversified greatly over the past few years so in all honesty i really depends on what you want to do.

i would go with science though

BASCO
05-13-2011, 09:46 PM
In my opinion, you should go for the B.S. degree because you'll have more knowledge in your field of study and you'll be more marketable. Also, it helps to gain job experience while in college because these days, employers are looking for job experience because employers now are stating that new college graduates don't have experience nor good communication skills.

So, a bachelors of science is the way to go. I know it will suck because you'll have to take a lot more courses but in the end, it's worth it.

cosign i see alot of people who graduate having little or no job experience and having to compete with people who have 5 page resumes.

Uncle Steezo
05-13-2011, 10:10 PM
i have a BA in multimedia communications.
i haven't been out of work in over 10 years.

TSA
05-13-2011, 10:26 PM
i feel like a bachelors in science is for the establishment but a bachelors in arts helps you get in touch with the 'new wave' of industries that spring up. The growth is therefore in a BA depending on the specifics, but a bachelors in science is more secure from my observation

Dokuro
05-13-2011, 11:19 PM
if your asking that your a dumb ass science even graphic design you know the one for video games is a science and technology not art

yeah i know controversial

science always science

TheBoarzHeadBoy
05-13-2011, 11:29 PM
cosign i see alot of people who graduate having little or no job experience and having to compete with people who have 5 page resumes.

And yet a resume is supposed to fit on a single page... They want your triumphs to get a measure of you, not a life story. An employer needs both kinds of people when hiring. You want older more conservative leaders to get things done and younger more radical grads to light a fire under them and offer creativity and energy. A wise employer doesn't make them compete for the same spaces.

Dokuro
05-13-2011, 11:34 PM
um as an employer i'm more likely to employ some one with a more then 3 page resume then a one page

just thought i should get that out there

theheavens
05-14-2011, 01:41 AM
i feel like a bachelors in science is for the establishment but a bachelors in arts helps you get in touch with the 'new wave' of industries that spring up. The growth is therefore in a BA depending on the specifics, but a bachelors in science is more secure from my observation

that seems to be the case. BA is more broad but it's not very focused, where a BS is very focused, though strict (can't take as many electives)

TSA
05-14-2011, 01:53 AM
BS students seem to be elitist towards BA students lol. whatever it takes to feel like a human being for the first time in your wretched life though i guess.

but im a BA student. BS is also, from my observation, for ppl that are simply 'better at school'. They tend to have the most 'work' and graduate the fastest, but it's cause their course work is their life and they're faggots with little social manueverability needed to do anything with their degree or selves. A greater amount of the ones i've ran into at least, though i also know a lot of exceptions.

IrOnMaN
05-14-2011, 10:47 AM
BS students seem to be elitist towards BA students lol. whatever it takes to feel like a human being for the first time in your wretched life though i guess.

but im a BA student. BS is also, from my observation, for ppl that are simply 'better at school'. They tend to have the most 'work' and graduate the fastest, but it's cause their course work is their life and they're faggots with little social manueverability needed to do anything with their degree or selves. A greater amount of the ones i've ran into at least, though i also know a lot of exceptions.

As I said before, a BS degree is more valuable than a BA, depending on the degree. If you're an English, art, or music major, then obtaining a BA degree would make sense. For other majors, a BS is what employers look for WITH job experience.

sinfullycute
05-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I have a BS. I think BA is geared more to people who really don't know what they want to do yet or just want a more general learning background.

BASCO
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
well its not like any bs degree is marketable neither we have to talk specifics here.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-14-2011, 01:33 PM
it all depends what you want to do.

your major will dictate what type of degree you get and what college you are in.

THE MASON
05-14-2011, 01:41 PM
id go with

http://www.stories.the-ridges.net/images/ba.jpg

over

http://www.peaholmquist.com/bullshit/images/bullshit_pile.jpg

guess it all depends on what you wanna do, think of that and plan around it

TSA
05-14-2011, 02:34 PM
As I said before, a BS degree is more valuable than a BA, depending on the degree. If you're an English, art, or music major, then obtaining a BA degree would make sense. For other majors, a BS is what employers look for WITH job experience.

I have a BS. I think BA is geared more to people who really don't know what they want to do yet or just want a more general learning background.
see, elitism LOL

you can't ask which is 'better' it just depends on what you want to do for a living. Tectus thinks looking at rocks like a queen is a future, he likes that shit and it's cool for him so for him a BS is perfect, but some ppl don't wanna do that.