PDA

View Full Version : To all you comic book reading faggots...

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 12:54 PM
my mom said she had a surprise for me and asked me how much i loved her...
i said "that depends on what u got". lol then she slides this into the room...
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/stylemaster2/motherload.jpg

i jumped around screaming like a lil bitch for the 20 mins. i have been creaming in my pants ever since.

after looking for them everytime i come to their crib i had given up, thinking they were on matching sock island or the lost cavern of abandonded toys, along with all my M.A.S.K. n Gi Joes.

FUCK!!!!

these are just uncanny x-men but there is a stack of x factor, xmen, x force, wolvie, x calibur, cable, spawn and some mo shit.

all but a couple are not in nearmint condition.

you know what i'm thinking....
5KOOG33rFhQ

Fatal Guillotine
05-20-2011, 12:56 PM
why auction it off though?

Dokuro
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
i don't get it but ill try and explain i have all 40 volumes of 3X3 eyes signed by Yuzo Takada it worth about 50,000$ but i can squeez out about 150,000 in auction

but i don't see why any one would want those i mean kitty barely shows up in any of them theres no reason to own any marvel comics without kitty

INF
05-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Give em to your lil boy. Thats what I did when I got all my old comics and cards back. I space him out though cuz he is a lil too young and reckless for it all at once.

I have all them X-Men too. THat was an awesome time to go all out , back then.Image had just started.....memories.

Those X-men 1 through up to know aint worth a bunch even in mint. Its gonna take another 10 -15 years to get some cream off them. You can buy X-men one relevantly cheap right now at the store. I see you got 3 of the no.1 fold out cover... hold on to at least one.

now ...I'm sure that uncanny x-men before the x-men series is def worth something by now.them shits are expensive.Like when Logan goes to Japan an shit...

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
whaaat.

nice find...i have most of those though, except for some of the uncanny issues from the 180-190s (i see you, x-men and hellfire club vs. nimrod)

actually i think i need the some of the marc silvestri ones...fuck it.

the x-men issue in the bag next to all those x-men #1s is the first issue jim lee drew. you should hold on to that one at least. hold on to the silvestri/jim lee era...some classic shit in there.

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
you obviously don't read xmen comics. my collection goes back into #150s, she's in there. but then she switched to excalibur. i got those too.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Those X-men 1 through up to know aint worth a bunch even in mint. Its gonna take another 10 -15 years to get some cream off them. You can buy X-men one relevantly cheap right now at the store. I see you got 3 of the no.1 fold out cover... hold on to at least one.

those'll probably never be worth anything, because they overprinted the fuck out of those...there's literally millions of copies of jim lee's x-men 1 floating around, plus it's been reprinted in paperback and hardcover numerous times.

style, if the excaliburs are from the chris claremont/alan davis era, i'll buy those when you find them, the only issues of that i have are the "inferno" tie ins.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 01:21 PM
you obviously don't read xmen comics. my collection goes back into #150s, she's in there. but then she switched to excalibur. i got those too.

why did she go to excalibur? all i remember is she got turned intangible by the marauders of some shit, they tried to get the ff and doctor doom to save her, and then i think she was gone...but it's been years and years since i read that stuff...also i remember rachel just disappeared and resurfaced in excalibur...never understood that either. (these were all before my time, so i've just read random back issues that i've accumulated...i have quite a few gaps though...like i'm missing bishop's first 2 or 3 appearances)

Dokuro
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM

your right i don't i only really like 2 marvel characters kitty and song bird

but i don't read them much the wife on the other hand she can out trivia the best of em

..comic geeks

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 01:25 PM
i feel like i went back 20 years. like i'm thumbing thru these and i can remember what i was thinking and what i was doing at that exact moment. this is crazy. its the visceral experience of holding em in my hand i guess.

today i'm gonna cop some rainbow exotic and read every one of these fuckers in order.

whats yall fav storyline? inferno might be my fav.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 01:26 PM
"dark phoenix saga" owns.

inferno is pretty cool too, as was "fall of the mutants"

i think i like the era where john romita jr was drawing it back in the early 80s when storm had the mohawk the best though.

INF
05-20-2011, 01:27 PM
what about that cable no.1 with the gold title? is that worth anything? wasnt that the collectors edition cus of the gold title?

Im not seasoned well in comic collecting but I went big back around the time all those came out.

Pan knows his shit up and down about comics,.and Dusk

INF
05-20-2011, 01:28 PM
i feel like i went back 20 years. like i'm thumbing thru these and i can remember what i was thinking and what i was doing at that exact moment. this is crazy. its the visceral experience of holding em in my hand i guess.

today i'm gonna cop some rainbow exotic and read every one of these fuckers in order.

whats yall fav storyline? inferno might be my fav.

all of your old stuff hold your chilhood energy.thats when you let off the most energy too...

its good to get in contact with that type of old stuff if you know what I mean

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
why did she go to excalibur? all i remember is she got turned intangible by the marauders of some shit, they tried to get the ff and doctor doom to save her, and then i think she was gone...but it's been years and years since i read that stuff...also i remember rachel just disappeared and resurfaced in excalibur...never understood that either. (these were all before my time, so i've just read random back issues that i've accumulated...i have quite a few gaps though...like i'm missing bishop's first 2 or 3 appearances)

when they went to muir island to get healed they saw the xmen supposedly die while defeating the adversary. the xmen obvioulsy weren't dead. so without a team she n nightcrawler went to the UK.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
^worth is dependent on rarity, all of those gold foil embossed #1s are all worthless because they were published during the speculator boom when people who only viewed comics as "investments" copped 30 copies of any new #1 or comic where somebody died thinking it would send their kids through college.

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 01:32 PM
a bit of irony...i have never owned or even read a single superman comic. lol

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 01:33 PM
when they went to muir island to get healed they saw the xmen supposedly die while defeating the adversary. the xmen obvioulsy weren't dead. so without a team she n nightcrawler went to the UK.

that's when they started living in australia, right? and they were invisible to computers and video cameras and shit? hahaha i remember reading those at summer camp from someone elses stash when i was like 7. good times.

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 01:40 PM
i'm missing a shitload hulks and spideys. WTF !?! somebody been thru this shit. they were mcfarland era ones too. (i'm a fan)
i had hulk vs thing, hulk vs wolvie and hulk vs spidey
i collected a few thors around the 1st beta ray arc.

i even collected some west coast avengers too where are those? see...somethin aint right....

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 01:41 PM
that's when they started living in australia, right? and they were invisible to computers and video cameras and shit? hahaha i remember reading those at summer camp from someone elses stash when i was like 7. good times.

yup!!! and they had the aboriginal who made portals with his lil noisemaker on a rope thingy...

Dokuro
05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
so this is what it feels like to read me type about Manga and anime

Twiztid-Wutang
05-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Won't lie, most of those are early 80-90s, not worth much sad to say.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-20-2011, 07:32 PM
NERD ALErt!!!

Dokuro
05-20-2011, 07:38 PM
^i know right

Uncle Steezo
05-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Won't lie, most of those are early 80-90s, not worth much sad to say.
monetarily...yes

after looking thru the price guide .

but they feature some of the greatest stories and artwork EVER....priceless.

after my feverishness wore off i have come to my senses. i ain't gonna sell shit. i was going bonkers for a min.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 09:14 PM
yeah there's some classic shit there...did you find all of the x-factors, excaliburs, new mutants, etc?

the art adams drawn annuals/specials are the shit too...now i want to dig through my shit for the retro goodies