PDA

View Full Version : Havent Done Much Lately - Fresh Off The Grill

THE MASON
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.box.net/shared/ft29nopviz (http://www.box.net/shared/ft29nopviz)

/(/(/(/(

"come off with the bullshit, bump that"

;(

INF
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
proper.turn that shit UP!!!

Boogie
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Dope track man, diggin the south american ish

THE MASON
05-24-2011, 06:51 PM
peace peace, respect to INF and Boogie(<--- dont sleep on these cats)

hopefully things are workin well, i hadnt made a beat in like a week but i think this was a dope one

100pr00f
05-24-2011, 07:55 PM
not bad ...its simple ...drums sound crisp..im peeping through headphones...so im not sure if their is any bass line

THE MASON
05-24-2011, 09:29 PM
basslines are something i cant seem to get right, but no there isnt much of one, just what is in the sample and its not a very strong bassline.

thanks for checkin Proof, appreicate it

SKAMPOE
05-24-2011, 09:47 PM
it is rather low, other than that

THIS SHITS A MONSTER

damn

just damn

THE MASON
05-25-2011, 10:35 AM
peace skamp glad you dig it. i dont know why its so low though
oh well just turn them speakers on full lol

THE MASON
05-25-2011, 10:41 AM
also, i may or may not make a little beat tape. would yall DL that? or is it too early in the game

llBARlllCODEll
05-25-2011, 04:24 PM
yo this gotta be my favorite beat that i heard of yours so far. IMO...not to early for a beat tape especially if ur drawin blood from the same vein as Condor

btw...i finally got a chance to listen to Invisible Doctrines in its entirety with no kids around. that shit is dope!! the whole thing is extra dope but my fav. so far is We Cant Be Touvched. might change after i listen a few more times. big up to Basement Dwellaz!!!

have u recorded anything on any of ur beats yet?

StoneMessiah
05-25-2011, 04:42 PM
good work feet shit sounds real nice you ol fast learner you lol. volumes on my beats are usually low too. i don't know why fruity loops is like that i just bump them up in other programs so i can see my waves.

Mumm Ra
05-25-2011, 05:33 PM
basslines are something i cant seem to get right

man, i still dont know how to fuck with basslines at all lol

sick shit though, your best work IMO
a light 808 behind that kick is somethin to think about, but thats bein super picky hehe (i know i liked people pickin mine apart when i was startin)

THE MASON
05-25-2011, 06:20 PM
respect too Ra, Code and Stone

thanks for peepin it. i gotta try n layer with different sounds instead of the same kick

Mumm Ra
05-25-2011, 06:33 PM
yeah kick wasnt bad tho, just thought it needed more thump behind it
you can do that with almost any kick tho - just throw a 808 kick under it to add more bass

i cant find the youtube video but you can throw a 808 kick into a new sampler channel, then turn the "out" knob so that the wav is very short (you just get the attack) - save that and layer it with another kick

SKAMPOE
05-25-2011, 07:06 PM
yo this gotta be my favorite beat that i heard of yours so far. IMO...not to early for a beat tape especially if ur drawin blood from the same vein as Condor

btw...i finally got a chance to listen to Invisible Doctrines in its entirety with no kids around. that shit is dope!! the whole thing is extra dope but my fav. so far is We Cant Be Touvched. might change after i listen a few more times. big up to Basement Dwellaz!!!

have u recorded anything on any of ur beats yet?
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108087

llBARlllCODEll
05-25-2011, 07:49 PM
bump

catx420x
05-26-2011, 03:09 AM
dope flip, u learn fast! I agree this is the best beat u made so far, for bass u could use 3xosc or boobass. if u use boobass use it along with fruity piametric EQand filter the bass out. 2 biggest downsides of FL are bass and sample syncing.

yo did u get the tip I sent u in the battle arena?

llBARlllCODEll
05-26-2011, 04:17 AM
i was talkin about Bronze as an emcee himself but yo thats cool. i heard Style's freestyle track on this. i liked this better. Peace Skampoe!

THE MASON
05-26-2011, 10:49 AM
ya, i did thanks Kuma.

Yo peace Bar Code, appreciate the support fam. and naw, i havent spit on any of my beats yet, its too hard. im always listening for mistakes and errors that i cant focus on my flow and emceeing.

maybe when i get good at it lol

llBARlllCODEll
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
peace Bronze. lol yo u are good at it. this beat is fire!! i still wanna battle but i need some time to get my drum game up.

THE MASON
05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
appreciate that fam, keeps me goin at this.

ye gotta get those drums poppin. its all about layering them shits. recently i just discovered the benefit of layer kicks with different kicks (peace to Lucid) and then i went on to layer my snares with a bongo on a joint i JUST finished, and it sounds super dope

mostly its workin out the timing of it all

SKAMPOE
05-26-2011, 07:58 PM
fat

THE MASON
05-27-2011, 12:29 AM
peace Skamp, good looks on the feed behind the scenes. hope to hear something ripped on that joint soon

meanwhile, keep peepin the page. always new shit uploaded

KSTVRLSN
05-27-2011, 07:11 AM
I think this might be the best from you yet !

Latin samples is the shit, think I need to stick my head in these Latino crates for real !

Peace

Mumm Ra
05-28-2011, 05:45 AM
ye gotta get those drums poppin. its all about layering them shits. recently i just discovered the benefit of layer kicks with different kicks

oh yeah I just remembered you got that rza idrum app - study that shit yo. rza is crazy with the layers, he'll layer sounds over sounds in a way you pretty much won't even hear the layer at all in the beat but it makes a difference somehow lol