PDA

View Full Version : 1st try @ recording mpc to my computer

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
06-01-2011, 03:26 PM
nothing is mixed or mastered correctly. just getting the right settings w/ my interface was a pain in the ass and took me a bit to figure out.

http://soundcloud.com/john-lenin/mpc-test

THE MASON
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
i couldnt here the sample at all, but i know its not mixed or mastered and i just had headphones but ya, i couldnt here it very well, the parts i caught sounded ill.

drums were dope though, kick are knockin hard

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
06-02-2011, 02:47 AM
i couldnt here the sample at all, but i know its not mixed or mastered and i just had headphones but ya, i couldnt here it very well, the parts i caught sounded ill.

drums were dope though, kick are knockin hard

thanks for the feed yo. def helps alot the more I try this. as long as the drums came thru nice. that is 1 plus so far. I didn't compress the samples tho, just kinda smashed something out to see if this was even worth trying.

Caper
06-02-2011, 06:43 AM
try using reaper to track it

INF
06-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Im not saying anything about the way anybody else heard this but when I listened yesterday and now today ..

this sounds like the plug wasn't all the way in or something.this sounds like Im listening to you make a beat thru a tin can phone for real. I know you are trying to get it set up but I'm being honest when I say that NOTHING was smacking. The drums ...the loudest you can hear is that clap and its mad static.
I thought yesterday I was hearing it wrong but I'm not.The problem isn't in what you are playing but how it sounds.There is no depth what so ever.The drums were def not banging or smacking. My sub picked up nothing.

I know you gonna figure it out though and go right back to boomin systems like it was nothing.1

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
06-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Im not saying anything about the way anybody else heard this but when I listened yesterday and now today ..

this sounds like the plug wasn't all the way in or something.this sounds like Im listening to you make a beat thru a tin can phone for real. I know you are trying to get it set up but I'm being honest when I say that NOTHING was smacking. The drums ...the loudest you can hear is that clap and its mad static.
I thought yesterday I was hearing it wrong but I'm not.The problem isn't in what you are playing but how it sounds.There is no depth what so ever.The drums were def not banging or smacking. My sub picked up nothing.

I know you gonna figure it out though and go right back to boomin systems like it was nothing.1

I feel ya. It was just a test run. really wasn't thinkin they smack bangin, I was glad something stood out to the point u could hear cause ASIO is not working well at all for me. Back to the ol drawing board on this 1 for sure.

INF
06-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I hate digital sound problems to the utmost.I just had to uninstall FL so I can reinstall it because I was having asio problems. You'll figure it out.PEACE IRIE