PDA

View Full Version : How was straightness invented?

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 04:35 PM
everybody knows that factories and machines make objects straight. i mean straight like there's no curves a perfect a 180 degrees. but humans obviously didn't always have machines. so i'm thinking someone a long time ago when industry wasn't existing made the first "ruler" precisely and then straightness after that was invented and things were created off that first ruler. like back when there was nothing how was the first object that was ever made straight, made straight?

llBARlllCODEll
06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
i think u took one to many to the head Paco

if u quit now, u might be straight lol

Frank Sobotka
06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Water?

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 05:38 PM
what does water have to do with shit

HANZO
06-01-2011, 05:48 PM
my guess would be when building stuff people found out that if something is straight it will be stronger.

or to hunt if they have to make a sharp object making it straight made it sharper.

Frank Sobotka
06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
what does water have to do with shit
Water, without momentum will always be flat.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Actually water will always curve...

The meniscus in a vessel and the oceans curve to the shape of the earth due to gravity.

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
take a sinew and put it on high tension then lay 2 more sinew on the same high tension add an adhesive then let sit in the sun when dried you have a perfectly strait line

Frank Sobotka
06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Actually water will always curve...

The meniscus in a vessel and the oceans curve to the shape of the earth due to gravity.Water will curve on a smaller level to but you can stil use a glass of water to see how straight something is.
If the water level is parallel to the surface it's flat.

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
my guess would be when building stuff people found out that if something is straight it will be stronger.

or to hunt if they have to make a sharp object making it straight made it sharper.
not true a curved blade is always sharper

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Water, without momentum will always be flat.

my god is this thread full of idiots

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Water will curve on a smaller level to but you can stil use a glass of water to see how straight something is.
If the water level is parallel to the surface it's flat.

actually the bobble is what indicates it being flat because the curvature of the water tends to make the bobble rise to the center if flat

BASCO
06-01-2011, 08:11 PM
you shoulda started this thread in the cock tavern and saved yourself some trouble

Uncle Steezo
06-01-2011, 08:18 PM
string pulled taught.

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Chuck Norris invented Straightness.
You invented a boring ass thread.

SKAMPOE
06-01-2011, 08:31 PM
fA2Pj11SrRE&feature=related

yonder
06-01-2011, 08:37 PM
how was crookedness invented?

invented?

Olive Oil Goombah
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
for a straight line all you need is two points and the shortest distance between them.

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Chuck Norris invented Straightness.
You invented a boring ass thread.

nonetheless, you wasted your own time on a "boring thread"..and if you're looking for fun go fuck your mother

how was crookedness invented?

first of all, straightness is obviously a concept that was recognized far after crookedness
and takes more effort to make something straight than crooked hence the word invent. second of all, the attempt at making a clever remark didn't work

so fellas, tell me, how was being a faggot invented?

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 09:00 PM
and i'm talking about physical objects. like you look at a wall, it's straight. what made that wall straight? what made that object straight? what made that straight? going all the way back to when humans weren't industrial like how was the first object made completely straight

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
nonetheless, you wasted your own time on a "boring thread"..and if you're looking for fun go fuck your mother

first of all, straightness is obviously a concept that was recognized far after crookedness
and takes more effort to make something straight than crooked hence the word invent. second of all, the attempt at making a clever remark didn't work

some neanderthals were watching to male lions or horses/dolphins going at it and said "that could be fun" "yeah less hairy then our women" "no nagging"

or the creationist version which i'm required by law to teach........um the devil...no that not it....uhhhh....this could take a while i'll get back at you

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
some neanderthals were watching to male lions or horses/dolphins going at it and said "that could be fun" "yeah less hairy then our women" "no nagging"

or the creationist version which i'm required by law to teach........um the devil...no that not it....uhhhh....this could take a while i'll get back at you

yonder and Sosa are noticeable descendants of those neanderthals

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
you know what never mind apparently they blame it on the watchers

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM

you noticed to huh lets kill them like all humans should

death to the neanderthals.....

that takes me back

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM

nOW THIS THREAD IS INTERESTING.

i THINK gOD invented straightness, but he put it somewhere hard to find

Uncle Steezo
06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
it sure wasn't the greeks or romans, they were gay as hell.

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 09:19 PM

So you're not a descendant of a neanderthal?

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
So you're not a descendant of a neanderthal?

i said "those" neanderthals. those gay ones Louis was talking about. feel dumb?

TheBoarzHeadBoy
06-01-2011, 09:26 PM
If you want a serious answer:

Tie a rope taut between two objects... Straight!

Ie. A bow is a straight edge.

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
i said "those" neanderthals. those gay ones Louis was talking about. feel dumb?

No I feel myself with a dildo

ooehGnxcUOQ

If you want to bring some science into it, since thats a whole nuther species, its unlikely that gay gene could be tracked from 2 guys millions of years ago to me or you. But if it could, it would almost certainly track a dude that wants to know how straightness was invented.

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
yeah boar i said that

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 09:31 PM
in fact i mentioned how the can make a bow string

next ill teach you how to make a composite bow

if you don't know how to hunt you shouldn't be alive

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
hoPvX8bHt1s

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
If you want a serious answer:

Tie a rope taut between two objects... Straight!

Ie. A bow is a straight edge.

say any of those 2 objects have a straight edge, why are they straight?

Uncle Steezo
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
No I feel myself with a dildo

ooehGnxcUOQ

If you want to bring some science into it, since thats a whole nuther species, its unlikely that gay gene could be tracked from 2 guys millions of years ago to me or you. But if it could, it would almost certainly track a dude that wants to know how straightness was invented.

actually recent studies suggest that the white man euro is the descendant of the neanderthal.

but yeah don't drop the soap...before you lather you rectum.

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
This is funny

Uncle Steezo
06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
well technically nothing is str8 because
1. space time is curved and warped.
2. rope has ridges, metal has grindmarks, wood has grain
3. on a molecular level...eh fuck it.

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
lol fuck molecules. okay, if you were living in a world where tools didn't exist and out of nowhere someone shows you a metal bar that is 180 degrees exact, how would you think they would have done it?

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 09:42 PM
actually recent studies suggest that the white man euro is the descendant of the neanderthal.

thats the fun part. So I'm neaderthal? Theres still fags of every other ethnicity. Christ you have a picture of barry manilow jerking hisself on your sig.

APOLLO STASH
06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Christ you have a picture of barry manilow jerking hisself on your sig.

holy shit hahaha i thought it looked like someone of that particularity

ShaDynasty
06-01-2011, 09:49 PM
The point is true straightness is only achieved with a spirit level.
Later for Y'all

Dokuro
06-01-2011, 10:03 PM
well technically nothing is str8 because
1. space time is curved and warped.
2. rope has ridges, metal has grindmarks, wood has grain
3. on a molecular level...eh fuck it.

slow down your going over there heads

Uncle Steezo
06-02-2011, 12:50 AM
lol fuck molecules. okay, if you were living in a world where tools didn't exist and out of nowhere someone shows you a metal bar that is 180 degrees exact, how would you think they would have done it?

i would have pulled my dick out. its straighter and harder.

thats the fun part. So I'm neaderthal? Theres still fags of every other ethnicity. Christ you have a picture of barry manilow jerking hisself on your sig.

hahahahaahahahahaahahaaa
+rep

slow down your going over there heads

acending

yonder
06-02-2011, 08:41 AM
"so i'm thinking someone a long time ago when industry wasn't existing made the first "ruler" precisely and then straightness after that was invented and things were created off that first ruler."

seems to me like you got it all figured out. obviously the first ruler wasnt perfectly 180 degrees but it got improved like most other inventions. now you got lostocks and shit.

i was just commenting on how you can invent straighness. straightness is a way we can form an object. we do this using "rulers".

i think "how was the ruler invented" would have been a better question but its a CATCHY thread title.

im gonna read this again when im sober and see if it makes sense.

Frank Sobotka
06-02-2011, 09:22 AM

descendant is a strong word, back when Neanderthals roamed Europe a few of them interbred with humans.

Uncle Steezo
06-02-2011, 11:11 AM
descendant is a strong word, back when Neanderthals roamed Europe a few of them interbred with humans.
wishful thinking. don't be ashamed of your heritage.