PDA

View Full Version : Starting Out Making Beats

stay gold
06-05-2011, 04:46 PM
So I've been writing a few songs and I want to make some beats to record my lyrics over. But I have no idea where to start with beats. I tried out FL Studio 9 but it's kind of cluttered and I've had trouble figuring a few things out. I was also thinking of buying a small 4 track recorder because it seems a lot simpler.

So can anyone help me get started with making beats? What software to use? Where to get help and find sounds/samples?

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
FL is a great starting point if u really want to get into beats and haven't messed with another program. I used FL from ages 15-26. Beats get complicated and expensive, the more you want out of it to do ill shit. Not trying to discourage. Just thought I'd be real with u.

llBARlllCODEll
06-05-2011, 08:27 PM
yeah im using FL. just stick with it. u just gotta mess with stuff. figure out where all your tools are and how to use them. once u get all ur tools in ur toolbox, you'll be building in no time. if ur using samples then u gotta spend some time diggin and prolly some bread. one of my problems starting out was forgetting to save when i would get somethin good. then i would mess it up and couldnt get it back to how it was.