PDA

View Full Version : The Police called when a man pays his bill with pennies?

check two
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Pennies don't count as currency anymore or something? smh@ these yuppies

================================================== ======
-Penny offense: Man fined for paying fee in pennies

No lucky pennies here: Police have charged Jason West, an aggrieved medical patient in Vernal, Utah, with disorderly conduct. His alleged crime? Attempting to pay a disputed medical bill of $25 entirely in pennies.

The story, reported in the Salt Lake City Deseret News, describes the "penny offense" this way: West, 38, did not believe he owed the medical clinic $25 but came in to pay the fee in person. He first asked the clinic staff if the facility accepted cash payments, and then dumped 2,500 pennies onto the counter and demanded that they be counted.

But West apparently hadn't counted on the clinic calling the police; the arresting officer contended that West's protest served "no legitimate purpose." The charge carries a fine that can go as high as $140--and there's no word as yet on what currency West will use to pay it.

West isn't alone in the ranks of penny protesters. A wise guy in Frederick, Maryland, showed up at the county clerk's office last summer with bags of cash to pay off his tax bill with $966.86 in change.

And a New Jersey school district a few years back punished 29 students who paid for their $2 school lunches in pennies--possibly as a prank--with two-day detentions. After parents protested, the students were pardoned. The school explained that the use of the small change slowed down the lunch line.

-http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110606/od_yblog_upshot/penny-offense-man-fined-for-paying-fee-in-pennies

wutangclan97chamber
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM
what the fuck? is there some law now saying pennies count, but you cant pay with them?

Dokuro
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
the fuck

Frank Sobotka
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
As a kid I was taught that every penny counts, I was taught wrong?

Mumm Ra
06-06-2011, 07:55 PM
lol thats some shit
now you gotta pay a fee for paying a fee

thats actually a pretty crafty idea i never thought of though

THE MASON
06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
. The school explained that the use of the small change slowed down the lunch line.

real answer: employees are to dimwitted to count

i didnt read the whole thing but that shits funny and rather outlandish

ALCATRAZ
06-06-2011, 09:06 PM
people always get bent out of shape when you try to pay with pennies. i can understand why, but people need to understand that pennies = money. they ain't rocks lol it's legit currency. if people have such a problem, they should just discontinue the penny.

THE MASON
06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
^they have talked about that up here before, i believe sometime this year they are going to stop minting pennies. and ours are worth more lol

also, whats this?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2v8g9qt.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/?3dsfazhtdr5i9i8)

you making music or just a comp. you threw together

Frank Sobotka
06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
people always get bent out of shape when you try to pay with pennies. i can understand why, but people need to understand that pennies = money. they ain't rocks lol it's legit currency. if people have such a problem, they should just discontinue the penny.
Time is money, the time necessary to count the pennies could be used to handle several other transactions bringing in more money.

RzaRectum
06-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Time is money, the time necessary to count the pennies could be used to handle several other transactions bringing in more money.

Fuck that, the institutions should be charged a fee for the time a person had to wait to receive service. They need to do their job and humbly accept the money. Let those complainers eat cake.

etze
06-07-2011, 10:28 AM
money is money. fuck that

ALCATRAZ
06-07-2011, 12:16 PM
well, they should be wise about it. if i'm paying with pennis they are always in rolls and if you handle money you should know how to count in rolls and bulk. i can imagine if you just dump 25000 loose pennies on the counter lol but if you're being reasonable i don't see why they shouldn't just accept it.

Wh0am3ye?
06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Shoulda had them bitches rolled up then it isn't as big of a deal.

Wh0am3ye?
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
http://mcnitt.com/wp-site/wp-content/uploads/images/coinstar_machine.jpg

IrOnMaN
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Swine laws. God damn pigs!