PDA

View Full Version : Publicly professing your belief in God should be considered offensive.

Ruzz
06-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Think about it. If, for example, you were to go onto Facebook and see someone expressing their non-belief views in God, you would likely be offended or at the very least irked (as a theist).

Why shouldn't it work the other way around? Publicly expressing your theism should offend me if I was an atheist.

If you were to say that I shouldn't be offended by you posting god-embracing updates like, "God is always with me" or "With God's help I will succeed", then you should not be angered and feel the need to point out my disrespect if I were to post an atheist quote like, "Faith is not wanting to know what is true" or "Lighthouses are more useful than churches".

You may say that the latter refutes one's religious beliefs hence it is more offensive, and that "God is always by my side" is innocuous but I can argue that your beliefs offend me because it is a fact that innocent men and women die daily due to religion... and God.

Frank Sobotka
06-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Are you kidding me?
Christfags talking about his relationship with God > 80% of all comedians.

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 06:36 AM
when you say that someones god isnt real or doesnt exist you're shitting on thier life. its like telling someone that thier mom or dad isnt real. people praise the dude and talk to him every night. they believe that he helps them when things get bad. they NEED god to feel safe. you're fucking thier whole world up when you say he isnt real. they wanna go cry in a corner.

why would you want to have that reaction? if you wanna be a bitch and get offended to then go ahead.

Frank Sobotka
06-10-2011, 06:45 AM
when you say that someones god isnt real or doesnt exist you're shitting on thier life. its like telling someone that thier mom or dad isnt real. people praise the dude and talk to him every night. they believe that he helps them when things get bad. they NEED god to feel safe. you're fucking thier whole world up when you say he isnt real. they wanna go cry in a corner.

why would you want to have that reaction? if you wanna be a bitch and get offended to then go ahead.
I believe in Logic & Science, the idea of a God goes against everything I believe in to.

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 06:49 AM
then get offended. nobodys stopping you.

Mumm Ra
06-10-2011, 07:32 AM
its not logical for you to react in an offensive manner because scientifically, stress is physically harmful to you and its been shown that your IQ drops while you are angry or in a heightened negative mood. additionally, becoming offended at them logically accomplishes nothing.

everything you believe in has failed you

Shogah
06-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Think about it. If, for example, you were to go onto Facebook and see someone expressing their non-belief views in God, you would likely be offended or at the very least irked (as a theist).

Why shouldn't it work the other way around? Publicly expressing your theism should offend me if I was an atheist.

If you were to say that I shouldn't be offended by you posting god-embracing updates like, "God is always with me" or "With God's help I will succeed", then you should not be angered and feel the need to point out my disrespect if I were to post an atheist quote like, "Faith is not wanting to know what is true" or "Lighthouses are more useful than churches".

You may say that the latter refutes one's religious beliefs hence it is more offensive, and that "God is always by my side" is innocuous but I can argue that your beliefs offend me because it is a fact that innocent men and women die daily due to religion... and God.

Everyone should express what they want when it comes to this matter.
If you are offended who gives a fuck, that is no reason to censor anyone, whether you believe in God or not.

ShaDynasty
06-10-2011, 09:17 AM
it is a fact that innocent men and women die daily due to religion... and God.

not really. They die everyday because they're greedy, stupid, stubborn, miseducated. Take away religion and they'd find another reason to kill each other.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
If it offends you tell them to shut the fuck up! It's not a crime.

THE MASON
06-10-2011, 09:47 AM
SJbyitXbSwY

Ruzz
06-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Everyone should express what they want when it comes to this matter.
If you are offended who gives a fuck, that is no reason to censor anyone, whether you believe in God or not.

Except if I do express my views I get shunned upon and my friends would think I'm being a massive dick. Yet they can happily sing the praises of "God" with no qualms of offending anyone whatsoever.

I'm just a little annoyed that I have to think twice before I post my views on Facebook. Of course on a board like this one I don't have to because everyone's a stranger and open to discussion.

RzaRectum
06-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I get zero flack in my social networking circle. But then I would only post something in my head that is already published. I reserve the bullshit speak for only this board.

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Except if I do express my views I get shunned upon and my friends would think I'm being a massive dick. Yet they can happily sing the praises of "God" with no qualms of offending anyone whatsoever.

I'm just a little annoyed that I have to think twice before I post my views on Facebook. Of course on a board like this one I don't have to because everyone's a stranger and open to discussion.

open-minded, intelligent people will respect anothers view if its well thought and articulate. im guessing that either you or your friends are too stupid to understand each others perspectives. or maybe your friends are just assholes and you need to find new friends.

i do agree however that anyone who expresses a belief contrary to god is generally looked down upon in this country.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Who cares,where the big girls at?

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
i dont what it is that attracts me to chubby women. probably some early childhood trauma. but i do love them.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Cutn heads,u just became my hero

check two
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1225919/fat-black-ghetto-girls-dancing-o.gif