PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass returns a bag with $17,000 IN CASH

IrOnMaN
06-10-2011, 11:06 AM
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. Robert Adams craved an ice-cold drink after finishing his shift on a sweltering workday, but not having enough money to buy the burrito he also wanted left him with two obvious choices: Stop at the ATM, or find a bag containing more than $17,000 in cash.

"I wanted to get a large horchata, which is almost like a rice or coconut milk," Adams told the Daily Herald (Arlington Heights) for a story published Wednesday. "I would have grabbed a chorizo burrito, too, but I didn't have enough money."

That changed Monday when the Chicago-area man stood at a Chase ATM in Rolling Meadows, looked down and discovered on the sidewalk near a newspaper box a clear plastic bag containing receipts, checks and $17,021 in cash mostly $20 and $100 bills bound by a rubber band.
"I see this plastic bag. It's clear plastic and it's half full of money," Adams said. "I figure this is a joke. Somebody took some napkins and made it look like money. This has to be a setup. People are going to look at me and start laughing."

Adams said he never had the urge to keep any of the money.
"It's not my money. I shouldn't take it. I don't care if you put another zero on there, I wasn't raised to take money that isn't mine," said Adams, a 54-year-old single man who lives in Arlington Heights and credits his deceased parents for teaching him right from wrong. "If I saw you drop it, I'd say, `Excuse me, sir. I think you dropped something.'"

The word "Chase" was printed on the bag, so Adams carried it inside the nearby branch.

"I walk up to the teller and say, `I think you might have left this outside,'" said Adams, figuring an employee left it behind after restocking the ATM. But employees told him the machine is filled from inside and the money didn't belong to the bank.

Adams then called police, who along with bank officials later determined the money was meant for an ATM in Midlothian and had been under the care of Loomis, an armored truck company. Rolling Meadows police took the money to the station, where it was picked up by a Loomis official.
Loomis officials said they were investigating, but have not said whether Adams will get a reward.

"I really don't know what happens with this situation," Adams said.
Onesimo Santillan, owner of the Senor Taco restaurant where Adams originally was headed to indulge his cravings, said the actions of his longtime customer don't surprise him.

"He has been coming in for years, always orders the same thing, very nice guy," Santillan said. "It's hard to find people like that, honest people."
Rolling Meadows Police Chief Dave Scanlan said Adams did good: "We all said right away that this guy deserves something credit for being an Honest Abe."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110609/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_found_riches_returned

People and their stupid idiotic beliefs! You found $17,000, you idiot. The money is yours! KEEP THE DAMN MONEY! This guy should be shot for being so dumb. "It's not my money. I shouldn't take it. I don't care if you put another zero on there, I wasn't raised to take money that isn't mine."

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 11:55 AM
you are no christian.

Mumm Ra
06-10-2011, 12:05 PM
^^^ lol
People and their stupid idiotic beliefs!
hahahah again

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
What a homo, smh

food for thought
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
@tetris
what the fuck bro?

i would of thought you would be praising some shit like this lol

PALEFORCE
06-10-2011, 12:13 PM
t moa is just like every other "negro-american" that has an over inflated sense of entitlement,, theif, i wouldnt expect anything less form a "black person"

Mumm Ra
06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
i cant stop SMH @ someone with an infallible belief in jesus thinking someone should be KILLED for following jesus' teachings LMAOO that shit is funny as hell to me

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
tec moa: "we going siiiiiizzler. we going siiiiiizzler"

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkt55i6fRE1qgt3ngo1_250.gif

beautifulrock
06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Finders keepers really doesn't apply when you find 17 grand on the sidewalk. It's not like somebody dropped a $20. That money belongs to somebody.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
fuck that shit i would of kept it and bought a fuckin apartment nd used car lol nd still had money for the bank nd sum new clothes... nd a pound of the most fire flame to keep my bucks up...

beautifulrock
06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
and what happens when the mob finds out you took their money to buy all that shit? You know $17,000 probably doesn't belong to an upstanding citizen.

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 12:43 PM
it came from an armored car. it was a banks money.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Fuck the bank

beautifulrock
06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh well, than keep that shit.

Mumm Ra
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
if I actually knew it was bank money I'd snatch that shit in a second

the guy had no idea tho

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
17k would go a long way in my household. i'd keep it regardless of who it belonged to. i would feel terrible about it though.

RzaRectum
06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
$20 and $100 bills bound by a rubber band.
"It's [a] clear plastic [bag]and it's half full of money"
The word "Chase" was printed on the bag

Clearly armored truck money meant for a bank.
It's a write off. No brainer.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly

BASCO
06-10-2011, 02:20 PM
i woulda returned it regardless of whether or not it was connected to the mob ...

i get guilty when i pick up a quarter that isn't mine, i'm just not built for this shit.

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
baby thighs, son

food for thought
06-10-2011, 02:24 PM
i would take that shit regardless.

fuck all that emo shit.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
06-10-2011, 02:43 PM
I am doing perfectly fine financially, and I still would have kept it.

diggy
06-10-2011, 03:29 PM
This thread is funny.

ALCATRAZ
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
man don't even ask me what i would've done if i found 17 racks on the sidewalk. i'd gain a dependence to all type of drugs and probably catch some sort of STD with the quickness LOL

diggy
06-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I believe you.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
i woulda kept it, especially when its like that.

If some old lady lost her person and there was like 400 in it, than i'd return it.

but 17 g's in 100s and 20s???

thats like hitting the lotto

EAGLE EYE
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Wait until this guy gets screwed by the bank on his mortgage or denied a personal loan. He's gonna wake up.

NY_Mami
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
James Evans....

EAGLE EYE
06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
man don't even ask me what i would've done if i found 17 racks on the sidewalk. i'd gain a dependence to all type of drugs and probably catch some sort of STD with the quickness LOL

You wouldn't buy a puppy?
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kohhh62u8l1qz7l0ao1_500.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
06-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Wait until this guy gets screwed by the bank on his mortgage or denied a personal loan. He's gonna wake up.

that or just get a checking account at a non chase bank and then use a chase ATM to withdraw 20 or so and get his with a $3.50 fee.

i would have gladly taken the money, played a round of golf at a top course, eating a five star meal and had some fun at the strip club, and sat on the rest or paid off some debt.

Lex Lugor
06-10-2011, 07:32 PM
you wouldn't buy a puppy?
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kohhh62u8l1qz7l0ao1_500.jpg

lol

RUSHING PLATYPUS
06-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I remember reading about U-God finding a bag full of money or something. That ring a bell with you niggas?

cutn' heads
06-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I remember reading about U-God finding a bag full of money or something. That ring a bell with you niggas?

prolly the greatest moment of his entire life.

EAGLE EYE
06-10-2011, 11:21 PM

U-got that?

RzaRectum
06-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Rza wrote about it in the Wu-Tang Manual, Vol 1.

Uncle Steezo
06-11-2011, 03:41 PM
i woulda took the money and got the fuck outta dodge. like either miami or vegas. prolly vegas so i could double up and maybe then give the lost 17k back and keep my clean 17k.

PALEFORCE
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
fuck chase

ALCATRAZ
06-11-2011, 04:03 PM
did he get a reward for returning the monies?

drippie k
06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
that shit would've been mine in 2 seconds

IrOnMaN
06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
t moa is just like every other "negro-american" that has an over inflated sense of entitlement,, theif, i wouldnt expect anything less form a "black person"

Hmmm. Is that right? If I came across $17,000 on the street and kept it, according to your KKK beliefs, that would make if a dirty disgusting nigger? It's $17,000, you dumbass. The man in the article couldn't even afford to buy himself lunch! Palehorse, if I'm a dirty disgusting nigger, what are the people who also said that they would've kept the money as well? Read the quotes below.

Oh well, than keep that shit.

if I actually knew it was bank money I'd snatch that shit in a second

the guy had no idea tho

17k would go a long way in my household. i'd keep it regardless of who it belonged to. i would feel terrible about it though.

i would take that shit regardless.

fuck all that emo shit.

I am doing perfectly fine financially, and I still would have kept it.

i woulda kept it, especially when its like that.

If some old lady lost her person and there was like 400 in it, than i'd return it.

but 17 g's in 100s and 20s???

thats like hitting the lotto

i woulda took the money and got the fuck outta dodge. like either miami or vegas. prolly vegas so i could double up and maybe then give the lost 17k back and keep my clean 17k.

fuck chase

"Fuck Chase" Is that right? So, you would've kept the money too. But since you're white, that makes it perfectly ok but not ok because I'm black. Naturally, that makes me a thief. Such a double standard.

p-rok73
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
did he get a reward for returning the monies?

Not yet...maybe he'll get a burrito and drink which is why he was using the ATM. As for me, I would of kept it. These are the same banks that got us into a mess in 2008. I'm sure the dude that was accused of losing the money will get fired whether the money came back or not.

wutangclan97chamber
06-13-2011, 07:42 PM
my mind says i wouldnt take it, but i know id snatch at least some of it, if not all. i used to think i wouldnt do that, but the other day in school in the bathroom i spotted a wallet and without thinking i ripped through it like an animal to check for money, but there was just some gay ass giftcards -___-

wutangclan97chamber
06-13-2011, 07:43 PM
but yeah, i dont know where i would put 17 thou. if it just chilled in my room i would blow through it like a slut blows cock.

EAGLE EYE
06-13-2011, 08:36 PM
but yeah, i dont know where i would put 17 thou. if it just chilled in my room i would blow through it like a slut blows cock.

Where would you hide $17K worth of KoolAid?

wutangclan97chamber
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
bahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahaha^ ^^^

thats why i steal it fool

Olive Oil Goombah
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
i'd put most in the savings, not all at once, but gradually, pay off a few smaller debts and allot a certain amount that i would use as spending money for whatever.

many people are absolute morons with money...acting like it has no value, but ive never been that stupid with it.

as long as im not drunk and in a strip club.

Frank Sobotka
06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Dumbass returns a bag with $17,000 IN CAsh, Dumbass found a bag with at least $30,000 in cash.

He kept at least 1 stack to himself, not taking any of the money is impossible.

IrOnMaN
06-14-2011, 08:44 AM
I see that Palehorse didn't answer my question. I'm a dirty nigger if I would keep the money but a lot of people said that they would too. Dumbass.

food for thought
06-14-2011, 08:52 AM
lmao

IrOnMaN
06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
lmao

I'm serious! He called me a thief saying that I have a self-entitlement mentality (mainly due to race). However, other people have said that they'd keep the money but he didn't say anything to them because they're not black. Talk about a double standard. Honestly, what dumbass would return the money? Think about it. We're in a recession. People are losing their homes, cars, jobs, kids, etc. People could use that money. Like most people, Palehorse doesn't think things through. The guy is an idiot in my book. Frail skinhead ass motherfucker!

HeavyWeight
06-15-2011, 10:29 AM
fuck that im with dude buying an apartment lol geus we would be neighbors