PDA

View Full Version : I'm acting weird

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Over the last year or so I've started to develop a bit of a problem. Another one anyway. Whenever I hear indie rock music I get really angry. I'm not joking either. I get physically angry, my heartrate goes up and I can't let the "music" continue. To the point where I have to turn off other peoples music off or just leave the room. Today it kind of reached boiling point. I was in a car with an old friend and he was playing The Smashing Pumpkins. I ripped on him for about 5 minutes about how depressing and pathetic their music was. And as I was doing this I could see him gradually laughing it off less and just thinking I was a complete jerk. We were gonna hang out with some of his friends but he probably didn't want to introduce me, I fucked it up. I've just apologized to him but I think I have a problem. Its not all rock music that aggravates me. I like Bowie, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Bad Brains, RHCP and others. Its just everytime I hear someone strumming a guitar in a certain way, and singing about how their cat just died I get mad.

Any tips for avoiding Indie Rock or maybe getting rid of it. I was thinking maybe a campaign like 'Disco Sucks' which definitely seemed to kill the fuck out of the genre back in the 70s, or some sort of synchronized attack on all these narcissistic dear diary fags and their tinny guitars.

I mean honestly, I don't get the appeal of this shit:

QQtLoJlQD6E

V9NhncU5_CE

_XC2mqcMMGQ

lLJf9qJHR3E

9oI27uSzxNQ

Anyone else want to murder these cunts?

netscape check two
06-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Smashing Pumpkins is solid

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
interesting, same thing happens when i listen to death metal which i enjoy quite alot by the way

EAGLE EYE
06-15-2011, 08:42 PM
You're 26 and you get physically upset from genres of music you don't like?

Something tells me you will be dropping cinder blocks on babies next, because they cried the wrong way.

llBARlllCODEll
06-15-2011, 08:43 PM
nah i only get like that when i hear bullshit rap music

APOLLO STASH
06-15-2011, 08:43 PM
they have some good songs. maybe you're just an asshole sometimes. it happens

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 08:58 PM
interesting, same thing happens when i listen to death metal which i enjoy quite alot by the way

What? You hate music that you enjoy? What do you mean?

You're 26 and you get physically upset from genres of music you don't like?

Something tells me you will be dropping cinder blocks on babies next, because they cried the wrong way.

It isn't any other sound that gives me this feeling of seething hatred. I could hear country and western all day and not get mad.

they have some good songs. maybe you're just an asshole sometimes.

Well, obviously

APOLLO STASH
06-15-2011, 09:01 PM
alright? lol
that's not an excuse to be that angry

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
alright? lol
that's not an excuse to be that angry

Try writing a post that makes sense. It took me a minute.
I know its not an excuse, but it is a reason. I don't know why that shit makes me angry. Don't you have some style of music that aggravates you?

APOLLO STASH
06-15-2011, 09:12 PM
hmm. screamo and country give me a headache and can irritate me a little but i'll just be like "yo that music gives me a headache you mind turning it off?". works

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah. I wish I was calm about it. I only need to hear 10 seconds of a skinny guy with kramer hair crooning about flowers before I start self harming.

APOLLO STASH
06-15-2011, 09:21 PM
z1ez6F6GRLU

netscape check two
06-15-2011, 09:25 PM
This album by Smashing Pumpkins is a classic:

http://www.mp3boo.com/cover-album/adore212ss.jpg

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 09:50 PM
^^My friend was playing one of their other albums. I know some people like that type of thing. But that lead singers voice is like grating a cat or playing electric guitar with a flip flop. It just sounds wrong. And the lyrics?

All that you suffer is all that you are
All that you smother is all that you are
And you're saying you're seeing, you're saying who you are
What takes meaning is cleaning the meaning of who you are

We're only at the end of the first verse and I already want to kill myself, and presumably so does the singer

All may say
I will dream
All may say

Profound

All your struggles beneath your disguise
Drink from the reasons that hold you alive
'Til we're safe from the wounds of desire and pain
You must rise from the mounds of desire and change

wounds and mounds don't rhyme. What the hell are the 'mounds of desire' that "you must rise from" anyway. Is he talking about the moment after giving a woman head when you have lockjaw and a crooked neck but you know you have to get up somehow?

Too late to discover peace of mind
Too late to recover me

hes a lost cause. Oooh

All you see and all you breathe and all you cease to be
Taken down your only son and what he means to me
Hes fucking with peoples kids now?!
Your dream will be
To dream with me

Will you wait? Yes I will, I will wait for you don't
To cleanse your life takes more than time
Take what you want
Take all of it

Too late to discover peace of mind (have no peace of mind)
Too late to recover

There are 5th graders coming up with better poems than this

I don't dislike people that like indie music. A few of my friends like this stuff and actually the coolest person I know fucks with this emo shit. But still, its fuckin awful. I wonder how they manged to turn the guitar, the muscle of many a popular music composition and turn it into the flabby twat of a pop composition. Fans of Indie rock sometimes claim that Hip Hop is "ignorant" and "juvenile". At least Hip Hop makes sense. For christsakes Project Pat could win a debating competition against these whiny little bitches.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
06-15-2011, 09:57 PM

^^^This. You can't deny 1979 is a great track by Smashing Pumpkins.

APOLLO STASH
06-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Sosa, your problem reminds me of a character QT would write.

some dude who turns psychopathic whenever he hears a certain type of music and he blacks out and starts killing shit. i'm also picturing he goes into a club with his partner to carefully and propery assassinate the club owner and the club plays that type of music then he goes crazy and slaughters everyone in the club instead of just killing that 1 owner.

not saying that's exactly you lol but QT would def. do something like that

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Baraka
I haven't heard it but I'm going to deny that its great anyway. Maybe I'll listen to it tomorrow and explain why it sucks. If I can put my hatred in this thread then I won't offend any real people that I know.

Heres a preview of why it sucks: "because I don't like it"

ShaDynasty
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Sosa, your problem reminds me of a character QT would write.

some dude who turns psychopathic whenever he hears a certain type of music and he blacks out and starts killing shit. i'm also picturing he goes into a club with his partner to carefully and propery assassinate the club owner and the club plays that type of music then he goes crazy and slaughters everyone in the club instead of just killing that 1 owner.

not saying that's exactly you lol but QT would def. do something like that

You should write and direct this. Don't give your ideas away to rich people.

APOLLO STASH
06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
so it's good? alrighty then

BASCO
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
i've never kicked it with anyone who listen's to rock music or w/e so i've never got rlly into it but i feel the op's pain. i used to have a roommate in college who i despised for playing that garbage. plus i have deap seated racism that i cant seem to shake off

beautifulrock
06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Who could blame you after you were gang raped by a rowdy group of rednecks?

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-16-2011, 09:34 AM
lmao damn....

ShaDynasty
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
i've never kicked it with anyone who listen's to rock music or w/e so i've never got rlly into it but i feel the op's pain. i used to have a roommate in college who i despised for playing that garbage. plus i have deap seated racism that i cant seem to shake off

Yeah rock music sucks generally. Even when its good, it better when someone puts an 808 on it and raps about guns.

Deep seated racism? Where do you get that shit from. Where are you from?
I'm racist but only against people from Vatican City. I figure they're not gonna do shit about it anyway.

Now I'm gonna dissect another smelly hippy song for the prozac generation sung by a guy that looks like the grym reaper. Whats up with that name too. It sounds like a bit from a Gallagher setlist.

Shakedown 1979
Cool kids never have the time
This is crazy talk. Flava Flav has a clock on his neck motherfucker!
On a live wire right up off the street
against health and safety
You and I should meet
Junebug skipping like a stone
What does this mean
With the headlights pointed at the dawn
We were sure we'd never see an end to it all

He sounds like an old man. Back in my day everything was better. Partying and fucking and then it all turned to shit. He doesn't even know how to be nostalgic properly.

I don't even care to shake these zipper blues
Hes got his nuts caught in his zipper now!
And we don't know
Just where our bones will rest
Pick out a cemetery if you're that bothered douchebag!
To dust I guess
Forgotten and absorbed to the earth below
I won't forget you. I have nightmares

Double cross the vacant and the bored
They're not sure just what we have in store
Morphine city slippin' dues down to see

mumbo jumbo, speaking in tongues. He needs to finish the word jumble before he uses it as lyrics

We don't even care as restless as we are
We feel the pull in the land of a thousand guilts
Who wants to mack chicks in this shithole
And poured cement, lamented and assured
To the lights and towns below
Faster than the speed of sound
Faster than we thought we'd go
Beneath the sound of hope

Oh fuck! Please just end it all right now

Justine never knew the rules,
Hung down with the freaks and ghouls
No apologies ever need be made
I know you better than you fake it to see

This is like a Blunt Head Paco post

We don't even care to shake these zipper blues
deviant! stop shaking your balls!
And we don't know just where our bones will rest
To dust I guess
Forgotten and absorbed into the earth below
The street heats the urgency of now
As you see there's no one around
Wow, where are those razors?

What I get from all this is that this guy would be a total downer at parties

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
i also hate smashing pumpkins and pretty much any sad, limpdick "alt-rock" band. I like old school rock, though.

That being said, i do have a soft spot for Soundgarden.

But i am very curmudgeonly in my musical tastes

ShaDynasty
06-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Soundgarden had a few bangers. Glad you agree Rodney. I can't believe there aren't more people who hate the Pumpkins and the other boring ass turd peddlers of alt rock.