PDA

View Full Version : Go See Doom!

killabee_1993
10-23-2005, 05:03 AM
I saw Doom tonight and Ive gotta tell ya I totally recommend it. Its crazy. It had everything I expected, gore, lots of action, and the acting wasnt bad, it was better than I thought it would be. The Rock was pretty bad ass in it. Go check it out. There is this ill part in the movie where for a period of time, you get to see the main dude killin all this shit and its from his point of view. It looks near identical to the game. Never have I seen this camerawork done before in a movie. Ive gotta give it to Universal and everybody involved, they pulled off a good movie. Even though Im still pretty amped off seeing it, I would say that its prolly the best game adapted movie out there. Its worth the ticket cost and then some. Expect the unexpected. Lol. I was shocked. Im one of those guys who goes to movies with a somewhat low expectation and I did with this and was impressed big time!

iNtell3kT
10-23-2005, 05:16 AM
yeh it was dope, seen it 2 days ago, i didnt fully understand the virus till the end of the movie.....i was thinkin they were zombies, but weren't, damn close but wasnt...

SHRAP
10-24-2005, 04:25 AM
yeh it was dope, seen it 2 days ago, i didnt fully understand the virus till the end of the movie.....i was thinkin they were zombies, but weren't, damn close but wasnt...
figures this mental deficient thought doom was dope

i seen it with 3 other people on saturday and we all pretty much agreed that it wasnt dope... i thought it was aight at first but far from dope then when i looked back on it i realized what a pile of shit it was

Bloo
10-24-2005, 05:53 AM
I think I'ma wait for this one on DVD. I'm not too sure if I'm ok with the story line change. Virus? When did hell become such a taboo subject in hollywood?

iNtell3kT
10-24-2005, 09:16 AM
nah u see what happened **SPOILER** is that this virus infects the last 10% of the human DNA we know nothing about and is supposibly the blueprint for the soul, so what happens the virus infects that part of a person and turns them into a Demon, no zombie but a demon, so the demons in the movie are only infecting the "bad" or "sinful" people to turn them into demons, but u can inject the virus into a good person and they will turn into a "Super Human" as they say...its good, and apparently there isnt to many good people in excistence (skale :) )

ps Skale: :fucku:

Icurus
10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Im really picky on movies. im in film school, so now I think everything is crap. The reviews for this movie are horrible. However, I loved it. I thought it was very interesting. I never played doom 3 and I know if I did, i would feel different about it, but the twist at the end was really cool. I thought the rock was good, and the main character was really good. Its not a virus by the way. its just the 24th chromosome. Its not a virus just another part of the genome that martians had when they lived there. The plot is simple but the last half hour does a 360 on you and the demons and the rock, anyway its good and entertaining. I had low expectations, its a movie based on a game come on. A hell of alot better than those horrid resident evil movies.

SHRAP
10-24-2005, 03:21 PM
the videogames had more depth than this shit

SurreaL
10-25-2005, 04:33 PM
^ True

I predicted another resident evil and that's what I got, they should of followed the books or at least the game, but I guess there's only so much you can do with a movie. It gets a 3/5.

TUCO
10-25-2005, 04:53 PM
i wanna see this shit....that gametype camera they showed in the trailer was fuckin dope
i hope to see alotta monsters from the game in the flick too...ima go see it one of these days
and 7th....stop posting spoilers nigguh!..i almost read that one too! lol