PDA

View Full Version : Another Job Interview

PANDA PISS
06-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Since I know you're all really interested in my life, I thought I'd let you know about my job interview this friday. Its a dead end, bullshit job but it should be pretty easy.

Its for surfer/hippie clothing store Fat Face. I don't know how to nail this job. Even when I had the interview when I was chewing gum I was wearing a dress shirt and smart pants. But these guys market are beach dwelling stoners. I've been to the beach about twice and wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of the shit they sell.

My standard attire is a white T-Shirt, Ecko Jeans, Wallabees or K-Swiss shoes and some kind of hat depending on my mood. I could study 'Point Break' to get into the mindset of a person that wears lame clothes. I think I'll wear shorts just in case. Maybe I should hint that I smoke weed. Fuck it i'm just gonna dress and act like Wiz Khalifa.

If you have any ideas how I can get this job/not get this job or just do something stupid in the interview let us know.

Anyway I don't really care either way if I get this job or not, but I thought you guys would like to know.

Socrates92
06-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Have a smoke before the interview?

There's a Fat Face opening 30 seconds walk from my house, not my type of clothing tbh.

check two
06-22-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.dylanscandybar.com/resources/dylans/images/products/processed/300-BLKJK20PACK.a.zoom.jpg

JASPER
06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Anyway I don't really care either way if I get this job or not
I think you should use that slipshod attitude to your advantage. Show up to the interview unshaven, smelling like board wax and hemp and address the interviewers as dude and man. Also, if you're gonna chew gum, make sure you offer them some too.

PANDA PISS
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Have a smoke before the interview?

There's a Fat Face opening 30 seconds walk from my house, not my type of clothing tbh.

Yeah I keep seeing these stores pop up all over the place. I don't get it either. Where I live is nowhere near the coast and its only summer about 2 days a year. I've gotta somehow act like these clothes are cool.

http://www.dylanscandybar.com/resources/dylans/images/products/processed/300-BLKJK20PACK.a.zoom.jpg

like this stuff

I think you should use that slipshod attitude to your advantage. Show up to the interview unshaven, smelling like board wax and hemp and address the interviewers as dude and man. Also, if you're gonna chew gum, make sure you offer them some too.

LOL. I told my job advisor about the gum and she just laughed. I thought she was gonna get mad and think I wasn't taking it seriously (I'm not).

You can get Hemp gum, maybe I'll get some of that.

http://hempworld.com/shop/MainPageHempCandy.htm

To be honest most of the stuff on this site looks if not poisonous then at least inedible.

FatherSl!me
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Since I know you're all really interested in my life, I thought I'd let you know about my job interview this friday. Its a dead end, bullshit job but it should be pretty easy.

Its for surfer/hippie clothing store Fat Face. I don't know how to nail this job. Even when I had the interview when I was chewing gum I was wearing a dress shirt and smart pants. But these guys market are beach dwelling stoners. I've been to the beach about twice and wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of the shit they sell.

My standard attire is a white T-Shirt, Ecko Jeans, Wallabees or K-Swiss shoes and some kind of hat depending on my mood. I could study 'Point Break' to get into the mindset of a person that wears lame clothes. I think I'll wear shorts just in case. Maybe I should hint that I smoke weed. Fuck it i'm just gonna dress and act like Wiz Khalifa.

If you have any ideas how I can get this job/not get this job or just do something stupid in the interview let us know.

Anyway I don't really care either way if I get this job or not, but I thought you guys would like to know.

people are actually interested in your boring life? :nonono:

since i read the shit might as well throw my 2 cents in. go back to school, get a degree and get a real job:loser:

PALEFORCE
06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
fuck a job, that shit is just a stepping stone

PANDA PISS
06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
people are actually interested in your boring life? :nonono:
Irony.
since i read the shit might as well throw my 2 cents in. go back to school, get a degree and get a real job:loser:

I'm going to College next year, still I pray to God I never have to get a real job. But you really hurt my feelings with that 'loser' crack.

PALEFORCE
06-23-2011, 07:29 PM
YEA YOU DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE THESE GUYS

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/user57113_pic792_1304907883.jpg

PANDA PISS
06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
LOL at 'Rap4Food'. Last week I was in the city and there was 3 buskers within about 30 yards of each other. Singing and playing the violin over the top of each other. It was retarded. Shit sounded horrible.

The job is just to keep a little change in my pocket for the next year before I go to university. I saved enough cash to live on for a couple years. Which is part of the reason why I don't care If I get it or not. Regardless I'm sure Fathertime will tune in tomorrow to see how I did in the interview.

EAGLE EYE
06-23-2011, 08:01 PM
lol you guys seem to set the bar really high for yourselves

PANDA PISS
06-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I had the interview. It was stupid as hell. It was a group interview and I had to dress one of the employers or potential employees in fatface gear. I said the manager of the store (cute, petite, mousy haired chick) would look good in a red dress, and I know I could fuck her If I take the job.

I had to tell them about my favorite vacation. I made up some bullshit about bungee jumping in Florence, Italy. I pulled it out of my ass, I haven't been on holiday in years. I wonder how exactly they think this relates to selling shitty clothes?

Aside from that I gave them the usual bullshit about being good at working with people, a team player, competent, liking their clothes, and having an interesting life.

I slipped up a few times by looking to the left while I lied, but on the whole I think they liked me best. The other interviewees were all about 16 and were too shy and stupid to lie or at least give coherent answers.

Anyway I get back and get a call for an interview at blockbusters. I'ma go study so I can act like this guy

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/paimei_2006/kevin-smith-3-movie-collection-20091113031426844.jpg

LOL at the stupid shit they put you through to get a piece of shit minimum wage job.

check two
06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
You'll probably get the job at Blockbuster's, I hear they are looking for a lot of new employees.

PANDA PISS
06-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah I'll get the job and a few months from now blockbusters will close down cos no-one rents films no more.

Its the perfect job for me. LOL.

BASCO
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
in my last interview, i told the truth due to the presence of the holy spirit in the conference room

never again

PANDA PISS
06-24-2011, 07:23 PM
LOL. What? You have to explain that Basco!

food for thought
06-24-2011, 07:37 PM
^fag was prolly on drugs

I had to tell them about my favorite vacation. I made up some bullshit about bungee jumping in Florence, Italy. I pulled it out of my ass, I haven't been on holiday in years. I wonder how exactly they think this relates to selling shitty clothes?

might have been to see how fast you think under pressure

PANDA PISS
06-24-2011, 07:55 PM
^^ I think so, but its also part of the company's policy to find people that are outgoing and surfer/travellerish.

Socrates92
06-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Lol in my last job interview I was asked to name a situation where I've had to overcome adversity to get something done.

Blagged it like a mother fucking pro and got the job, despite this drunk crazy lady coming up to me during the interview and asking me where I went to school and shit, fucking nutters around.

PANDA PISS
06-24-2011, 08:59 PM
^^ Yeah Overcome adversity? WTF? These interviews are BS. The chick that interviewed me asked me a few questions I didn't understand and I even asked her to explain and she couldn't (she was spanish I think).

I just talked bullshit. I think she bought it, but if not I can blame the fact that she doesn't know how to speak english.

Frank Sobotka
06-24-2011, 09:48 PM
I should get a job as well but the only thing I really spend money on is alcohol or music and I don't value those things enough to work for it.

PANDA PISS
06-26-2011, 05:52 PM
^^ Are you like a cheating buddhist? Why don't you value music? Or Alcohol?!

I had the blockbuster interview. Good thing is you get free rentals. If I get the job I'll never buy a DVD or XBOX game again.

PANDA PISS
08-27-2011, 08:40 AM
To keep this up to date, I just had a job in a clothes shop, but they fired me yesterday. punks.

Said the register was down some. I know they ain't catch me on camera stealing so wtf. and like ima give too much change to somebody, Illuminati is tryna get me.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
08-27-2011, 10:03 AM

You've already got it.

RzaRectum
08-27-2011, 10:59 AM
I had the blockbuster interview. Good thing is you get free rentals. If I get the job I'll never buy a DVD or XBOX game again.
It this because you get this benefit for life, or that you'll never get a better job, because the perk is too great to lose? :D :lmao:
I just had a job in a clothes shop, but they fired me yesterday. punks. LMAO
It's understandable. Working a cash register is hard work and requires a degree in economics.

Socrates92
08-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Faggots, I almost quit my job the other day, manager's being a cunt, but I won't be able to get another job in this economy so gonna have to stay doing something I hate, yay.

PANDA PISS
08-27-2011, 05:37 PM
You've already got it.

hardy ha. Why should I follow fashion? I wear what I like.

It this because you get this benefit for life, or that you'll never get a better job, because the perk is too great to lose? :D :lmao:

It's understandable. Working a cash register is hard work and requires a degree in economics.

That shit was shady though. I worked for the last 10 years in retail jobs and never came up short. The only explanation I can think of is the manager counted the shit wrong before I started. Or some talented theef was in the store. I'm so sure I didn't make a mistake. To be honest this woman the manager I don't think she liked me cos her daughter liked me and I was macking on her through my two shifts last week. And her daughters dating a guy taking a law degree. Not being egotistical but I don't think the bitch wanted me around fucking up her daughter.

Faggots, I almost quit my job the other day, manager's being a cunt, but I won't be able to get another job in this economy so gonna have to stay doing something I hate, yay.

Yeah fuck that shit. I vowed 3 years ago I'm never working full time unless its something creative, that shit is like your soul evaporating one shift at a time.

CEITEDMOFO
08-28-2011, 10:12 PM
I CAN SEE SOSA NOW, BLUSHING WHEN EVER A EX HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER FROM HIS OL HIGHSCHOOL WHILE HE FOLDS CLOTHES @ THE GAP WHILE WEARING "smart pants"

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-28-2011, 11:57 PM
LOL at the stupid shit they put you through to get a piece of shit minimum wage job.

Not that I'm saying you are one of these people (I might be), but most people who work minimum wage would be getting paid even less in a free market because they aren't even worth minimum wage to employ because they just suck at life. If supply and demand had its way most of these people would be dead, not self proclaimed "underpaid".

EAGLE EYE
08-29-2011, 12:18 AM
^ All of this... very true.

IrOnMaN
08-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Not that I'm saying you are one of these people (I might be), but most people who work minimum wage would be getting paid even less in a free market because they aren't even worth minimum wage to employ because they just suck at life. If supply and demand had its way most of these people would be dead, not self proclaimed "underpaid".

You have to think about the people themselves and what they're going through. In this tough economy, people will take any type of job. There are college grads. working min. wage jobs because they can't find anything else. People are even enlisting in the military because THEY NEED A JOB! Obviously, it's extremely embarrassing but one could make the argument that one needs income regardless of what it is or people will hate you for just being unemployed. Second, some smart people have reached a dead end in their lives to the point where they've given up due to a lack of resources like a good family, connections, real friends, a car, etc. It's true.

You hear the stories about people losing everything they've owned. As a result, people deplete their savings and are homelessness and hungry in the end. It's real but people don't want to accept it.

As I said before, not everyone has it good in America. Some people have to work their butts off to reach the top from the bottom and the bottom is dirty!

It's all about money.

CEITEDMOFO
08-29-2011, 06:57 AM
I GET MAXIMUM WAGe
Or-aHiT_yww

PANDA PISS
08-29-2011, 07:13 AM
I CAN SEE SOSA NOW, BLUSHING WHEN EVER A EX HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER FROM HIS OL HIGHSCHOOL WHILE HE FOLDS CLOTHES @ THE GAP WHILE WEARING "smart pants"

You're like a vindictive Karl Pilkington.

You probably right. I just know that for me the decision between taking a job I hate for money versus scraping by on the little I have is a no brainer. I worked full time for 5 years, and its utterly pointless. You work 40 hours a week and you get your money, but on my day off I'd be too tired to do anything. And my life was stuck in one position, I couldn't improve my life or have enough time for things i'm passionate about, the relationships I had suffered.

I'm going to university next year so thats a few years I won't have to put up with bullshit jobs, and hopefully when i'm done I can get a nice high paying one, or really what i'm hoping is that I blow up in a creative field.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
You have to think about the people themselves and what they're going through. In this tough economy, people will take any type of job. There are college grads. working min. wage jobs because they can't find anything else. People are even enlisting in the military because THEY NEED A JOB! Obviously, it's extremely embarrassing but one could make the argument that one needs income regardless of what it is or people will hate you for just being unemployed. Second, some smart people have reached a dead end in their lives to the point where they've given up due to a lack of resources like a good family, connections, real friends, a car, etc. It's true.

You hear the stories about people losing everything they've owned. As a result, people deplete their savings and are homelessness and hungry in the end. It's real but people don't want to accept it.

As I said before, not everyone has it good in America. Some people have to work their butts off to reach the top from the bottom and the bottom is dirty!

It's all about money.

I have nothing against the guy working minimum wage. What I'm talking about is all the people who are dragging their ass through life. There are plenty of people who get paid minimum wage and deserve more than they're getting, because they work fucking hard. Hopefully their bosses see this and can help them. But you've got people on welfare and people who are incompetent and shouldn't even get minimum wages.

Like I understand that the guy at BK can't really speak English, that's not his fault. However that makes him incompetent at his job, and no offense but anyone who can speak English and isn't retarded will do that job better than him. So he doesn't really deserve that pay and in the wild he would die for it. ;)

Basically there are a fair number of people who could maybe survive as laborers, and another fair number of people who couldn't even manage that. Like by keeping these people in the game we dilute the system and these people raise their kids into poverty and its an endless cycle. At some point they're forced to become thieves in some way or another, parasites off the group, dead weight, and then society has to reject them.

wuswordz95
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
i hate group interviews i went to a toys r us one. i told them shit like apeople person. i work well along all. then they gave us a stupid test your sales technique. my job was to sell a stupid car window tinter. what the fuck. i didnt know you haVE TO HAVE SALES SKILLS TO WORK AT TOYS R US. when I go in there no tru employee is trying to sell me a product. well i didnt get the job. the only regret I had was holding back my opinon. I wanted to say the transformers movie was a fucking a joke and who the fuck is wall E

BASCO
08-30-2011, 07:06 PM
You're like a vindictive Karl Pilkington.

You probably right. I just know that for me the decision between taking a job I hate for money versus scraping by on the little I have is a no brainer. I worked full time for 5 years, and its utterly pointless. You work 40 hours a week and you get your money, but on my day off I'd be too tired to do anything. And my life was stuck in one position, I couldn't improve my life or have enough time for things i'm passionate about, the relationships I had suffered.

I'm going to university next year so thats a few years I won't have to put up with bullshit jobs, and hopefully when i'm done I can get a nice high paying one, or really what i'm hoping is that I blow up in a creative field.

if your going to do a shit degree then you might as well not go ... all that's gonna happen is that your going to be jobless except now you have a fuckload of debt. my homeboi just got his art degree and the nigga's working at fuckin wendys ...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/11/8890d381-37bd-4a02-8063-3c659618ec0a.jpg

smh

PANDA PISS
08-30-2011, 07:26 PM
if your going to do a shit degree then you might as well not go ... all that's gonna happen is that your going to be jobless except now you have a fuckload of debt. my homeboi just got his art degree and the nigga's working at fuckin wendys ...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/11/8890d381-37bd-4a02-8063-3c659618ec0a.jpg

smh

thanks buddy!

First off you're assuming i'm a talentless piece of shit, which may or may not be true.

Second, the debt doesn't have to paid off all at once and they're not gonna send rocky over to threaten me for it.

Third, I don't really have high expectations. I hope something good will come out of it but if it doesn't then it was an experience and I can say I did it.

You want me to take a law degree or architecture or something? sell real estate? because its practical? Christ do that shit yourself if you're that bothered. I'm not wasting time on shitty jobs or things that don't interest me, if that means I spend the next 40 years in higher education then thats what it means.

_GFiqKAQaJQ

lick my balls basco

EAGLE EYE
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
First off you're assuming i'm a talentless piece of shit, which may or may not be true.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7dntGx5p1qk9mi8o1_400.gif

Zhang Sanfeng
08-31-2011, 10:23 PM

You don't care if you get the job? Yea, start a thread about not wanting to get a job. Do you work now?

IrOnMaN
09-01-2011, 05:04 PM

You're in college, right?

At the rate America is going with this education thing, I might as well pursue a master's degree and then a Ph.D just in order to retire with a pension and have money saved up.

Online degrees from crappy colleges, crappy public education, etc. It's the business of education. We're being sold a dream, the American Dream. I mean, don't get me wrong, the American Dream still exists but for only certain people. That's the truth, unfortunately.}:|

PANDA PISS
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM
You don't care if you get the job? Yea, start a thread about not wanting to get a job. Do you work now?

I did start a thread about not wanting a job, I have to go to these things. You should start a thread where you say something that doesn't have a point.

I'm getting a job this week, its the easy option. I'm gonna work at the convenience store down my street for a few days a week. I can do 16 hours a week without it really affecting my non profitable pursuit schedule.

Also budweiser and x's don't pay for themselfs.

Zhang Sanfeng
09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I did start a thread about not wanting a job, I have to go to these things. You should start a thread where you say something that doesn't have a point.

I'm getting a job this week, its the easy option. I'm gonna work at the convenience store down my street for a few days a week. I can do 16 hours a week without it really affecting my non profitable pursuit schedule.

Also budweiser and x's don't pay for themselfs.

You in school or something? There's enough threads that don't have points, no need of my contribution there.

My thing is, why go thru the trouble of the interview if its something that you don't want to do in the first place? Also, shitty beer and fake molly is a waste of money bruh :lmao:

PANDA PISS
09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
The government gives people money for looking for jobs.

Dr Sleepwalker
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
^bottom feeder

PANDA PISS
09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Got a job in the cinema. How long you think it'll take before I get fired or quit?

JASPER
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Depends on how long you can stand mopping after every movie.

PANDA PISS
09-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah I know it sucks, minimum wage and the guy said its '70% cleaning'.

I can work hard I think for 3 or 4 months not spend much then quit and live on that until I go to Uni and start loaning all types of cash from the government.

PANDA PISS
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
If I don't get fired for not cleaning enough, or being rude to customers buying tickets to Kevin James movies.

JASPER
09-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Try getting a loan and order a container of imitation designer furniture from China and sell that shit on ebay. I did that two years ago and I still have cash from that deal. Turned 20 large into 50k in 8 months.

PANDA PISS
09-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Try getting a loan and order a container of imitation designer furniture from China and sell that shit on ebay. I did that two years ago and I still have cash from that deal. Turned 20 large into 50k in 8 months.

I started small, ima sell some old CDs. Honestly I don't have the balls to make moves like that.

This minimum wage shit is bull but the cleaning part ain't bad, all it is is pick up some popcorn boxes between showings and they have real cleaners at night.

Cool part is theres a nice lookin bitch there thats into me, Ima ask her out next week to see 'Friends With Benefits', subtle enough?
I woulda asked today but I'm stupid like that, I only put it together that she was dropping hints on my way out the door.

I met the most annoying person ever too, brown nosing and talking shit all day, I wanted to knock the stank bitch in the dirt. We were asked who'd play you in a movie, this ugly old white bitch had the balls to say Halle Berry. I think my large intestine imploded from trying not to laugh.

IrOnMaN
09-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Well, it's good that you got a job. That's the important thing.

RzaRectum
09-24-2011, 02:56 PM
What's so important about having a J.O.B.? The more important thing is to have a purpose that serves the needs of other people.

CEITEDMOFO
09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/commbrkdwn2/Double-Take.gif
I started small, ima sell some old CDs.

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab316/TheLegend04/smh.gif

check two
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Sport a 1950's hairdo and start singing Hanson MMM bop songs, to become the next Bruno Mars.

PANDA PISS
09-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Hahaha

Become a slumlord and charge motherfuckers extortion in NY

Maybe I'll go on X-Factor and sing the Lion King.

EAGLE EYE
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Reading the memoirs of a heroin addict would be more uplifting than this thread.