PDA

View Full Version : okay, ive had enuff! is mf doom wack or not?

MF Viktor Herbz
10-23-2005, 10:22 AM
what yall think of mf doom aka king geedorah aka Lord Dihoo aka Metal Fingerz

Knicks
10-23-2005, 10:31 AM
if u like doom like him...why do u care what others think of him?

crOw
10-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Doom is a savior for hiphop.Madvillain is one of the greatest records ever recorded in hiphop.

Cheech Da WildKard
10-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I ain't feelin' him ...

But yo, this is the WU-TANG CHAMBER, this should be in HIP-HOP SPOT.

deadlymelody
10-23-2005, 10:46 AM
He's alright but im not praising him like others are. I like him though.

sean p.
10-23-2005, 10:46 AM
MF DOOM is the hottest mc right now. his flow takes a while to get use to it, but once u get it, you get hooked. madvillian greatest cd ever recorded.......no but it is pretty fuckin good, but vaudville villian is his best cd. on dangerdoom DoOM makes his flow more simpler so the mainstream retards can understand what hes sayin, but even that is still a great cd. that track with ghostface is fuckin awesome.

adamreed
10-23-2005, 02:02 PM
MF DOOM is the hottest mc right now. his flow takes a while to get use to it, but once u get it, you get hooked. madvillian greatest cd ever recorded.......no but it is pretty fuckin good, but vaudville villian is his best cd. on dangerdoom DoOM makes his flow more simpler so the mainstream retards can understand what hes sayin, but even that is still a great cd. that track with ghostface is fuckin awesome.
Ditto. took me as few months, but for the last year and a half I've been pretty obsessed!!!

DOOM the Great!!

Mr_Chopsticks
10-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Doom been dope yall talk bout him like he juss started last year

MaShPG
10-23-2005, 02:22 PM
way overrated, if ya'll didn't hype him up so much, i'd probably like him more. his flow is real boring and i almost fall asleep listening to his voice. he kinda reminds me of aesop rock in his lyricism, which is annoying. plus i hear live he's real boring.

Jonathan Blazeny
10-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I personally think he is a legendary MC. Each of his albums that he has released is pure buttery dopeness!! The fact that he's been dropping more shit than someone on laxatives is also great as you don't have to wait around for new stuff like you do for other artists!! And its so impressive how his lyrics never get boring considering he has so much material out!

With the Ghostface collabo, Madvillain 2 and Danger Doom 2 in the works its just crazy!! He must be writing stuff every day!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2005, 03:32 PM
If peeps think he is boring thats fine, hes dope A+ to me

oldie
10-23-2005, 05:43 PM
i agree wiv none of ya, IMO he's monotone as fuck! he has one tone! he's boring as fuck and has no flow! he jus speaks wiv a little bit of pace! so yeah, i rlly dont like him @ all. i dont see what ppl do like in him???

snapple
10-23-2005, 06:05 PM
sean p, jonathan, mf doom, and whoever else has under 10 posts i am assuming is the same account, and thats pretty sad....

there is no way madvillan is one of the greatest hiphop albums of all time, how long have you been listening to hiphop? 3 months?

Blazeny, every MC writes stuff daily....whys that impress you....and dropping a lot of garbage doesn't mean SHIT. Operation Doomsday is a decent CD at best. MMFOOD had 2/3 nice tracks, rest was pretty wack. Doom is nice at times with the pen, some clever wordplay, but his delivery is absolutley terrible. He can't catch a beat, has no energy, monotone as fuck. this guy sucks dick live too, i saw him @ central park save the rhinos show and he got cut off and had to walk off stage, noone was feeling him. He couldn't rock a crowd for SHIT.

he has some cool beats but he useually ruins them with his shitty mic "skills." i give him a 5/10 at best. i'm not a doom hater, nor a dick rider. he is what he is. and his MF gimmick looks pretty gay..

Fr@z
10-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Doom is dope

He isnt the greatest rapper but his music is excellent.

Madvillainy is one of the best albums ever to listen to while stoned.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2005, 06:26 PM
i agree wiv none of ya, IMO he's monotone as fuck! he has one tone! he's boring as fuck and has no flow! he jus speaks wiv a little bit of pace! so yeah, i rlly dont like him @ all. i dont see what ppl do like in him???gggg-unit!

Baitong
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
I remember listening too Dr.Doom who featured on Rza's Bobbydigital in stereo album.
im surprised no one has said anything about him.so im in a state of mixed mind's
here listen too this track & his lyrics

http://media.putfile.com/Rza-GhostfaceKillahDrDoom-Holocaust

dr doom carn't be Aka Mf doom they don't sound the same
HELP!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2005, 06:31 PM
^ they are not the same person

Eerie Theories
10-23-2005, 06:58 PM
He is...how you say...garbage?

SHRAP
10-23-2005, 07:52 PM
^^ ghost should smack half tha users on this board

Knicks
10-23-2005, 07:54 PM
gggg-unit!
jus cause he doesnt like doom hes a g unit fan? hes on wu tang corp. com think harder.

doom is an acquired taste, either u like him or u dont.

hellbound
10-23-2005, 08:08 PM
i like him, i dont dick ride or anything. but hes cool. kinda a nerd but hes nice.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
jus cause he doesnt like doom hes a g unit fan? hes on wu tang corp. com think harder.

doom is an acquired taste, either u like him or u dont.
he is a g unit fan! I have seen his cd collection!

I win, you lose, i win, u lose

I think hard!

snapple
10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you kids....young buck is nice. everyone else in g-unit sucks, but for all of yall to hate on young buck is just wrong....

sean p.
10-23-2005, 10:49 PM
sean p, jonathan, mf doom, and whoever else has under 10 posts i am assuming is the same account, and thats pretty sad....

there is no way madvillan is one of the greatest hiphop albums of all time, how long have you been listening to hiphop? 3 months?

Blazeny, every MC writes stuff daily....whys that impress you....and dropping a lot of garbage doesn't mean SHIT. Operation Doomsday is a decent CD at best. MMFOOD had 2/3 nice tracks, rest was pretty wack. Doom is nice at times with the pen, some clever wordplay, but his delivery is absolutley terrible. He can't catch a beat, has no energy, monotone as fuck. this guy sucks dick live too, i saw him @ central park save the rhinos show and he got cut off and had to walk off stage, noone was feeling him. He couldn't rock a crowd for SHIT.

he has some cool beats but he useually ruins them with his shitty mic "skills." i give him a 5/10 at best. i'm not a doom hater, nor a dick rider. he is what he is. and his MF gimmick looks pretty gay..

snapple you can suck my dick. DOOM is fuckin ill.
u know ghostface aint fuckin wit whack mcs, he about to do a whole fuckin album with dude.

MF Herbs
10-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Doom!!! I've been listenin to doom since KMD/3rd bass days.. Keep it hip hop

10-24-2005, 05:52 AM
MF Doom is nice on the mic. some ppl just don't get that shit, the same ppl that r sayin gza's flow fell off, haha. they dont know shit.

peace

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Hes ripped alot of Ghosts lyrical style, plus Madvillain beats are also ripped off RZA Cuban Linx style beats. Glaciers of Ice/Ice Water all over that album

oldie
10-24-2005, 06:58 AM
he is a g unit fan! I have seen his cd collection!

I win, you lose, i win, u lose

I think hard!
Damn! how the fuck can ya remember that stuff?! yes ive posted my cd collection, which by the way has grew by about 30 cd's, no joke.

yes i am a g-unit fan, your point being?, specially they older stuff - its raw, for them! they all nice on the 'Guess Who's Back' album, that is a dope album!

IMO Buck is the worst in G-unit btw.

but i can't bare to listent to Doom, i thought i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and try again, see if i like him seems as he's on a RZA beat, Biochemical Equation, but nope! - still can't stand him. he just mumbles. in fact, listen to that annoyin fucker Pharell Williams' new track, listen to the beat - thats how Doom sounds to me!

with this guy i think you either love him or u hate him, and im the latter.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-24-2005, 08:03 AM
i havent heard alot of his shit but it seems weird that there is such a difference in opinion about him, some think hes the GOAT and others think hes trash. i know on this site there is a tendency to dickride but with so many people say how good he is, he must be at least aight. ill have to cop a couple of albums and check it out.

btw, g-unit/50's beats are ill, a good beat can make a track hot. dont hate on the beats.

iNtell3kT
10-24-2005, 08:04 AM
YES HES NOT! hes dope as hell, why do u need some1 to answer this for u? cant u make up your own mind?

Welshkillabee
10-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Nah hes not wack

CYENCE
10-24-2005, 09:53 AM
In the spirit of Wayne and Garth circa 1991, I say the dude totally blows chunks man

ezeorb
10-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Hes ripped alot of Ghosts lyrical style, plus Madvillain beats are also ripped off RZA Cuban Linx style beats. Glaciers of Ice/Ice Water all over that album
My first post here ever:you're probably tonedeff
or didn't really listen to the record.
MFDOOM the great!! don't diss MFDOOM yo, or I"ll have to get ill on yous

i agree you either love him or hate 'em. but most people can't get into him cause they want mc's to scream in their ear like we're deaf.

ima 36 year old mofo and doom is refreshing compared to some of those young dudes who think their super original but it's done already..

hah maybe one needs to be old to like the DOOMSTER

num2son
10-24-2005, 10:14 AM
His ok.

oldie
10-24-2005, 12:25 PM
i havent heard alot of his shit but it seems weird that there is such a difference in opinion about him, some think hes the GOAT and others think hes trash. i know on this site there is a tendency to dickride but with so many people say how good he is, he must be at least aight. ill have to cop a couple of albums and check it out.

btw, g-unit/50's beats are ill, a good beat can make a track hot. dont hate on the beats.
big mistake IMO, i wouldnt jus buy a few albums to check a emcee out, ya need to hear a couple of tracks first IMO. that'd be your best option cos if you buy and u dont like, its a waste innit. money could have gone on sumat u do like. or know u like.

hell yeah, they do get great production, like i say Guess Who's Back is a dope album, ok they ripped of wu-tang but forgo that and the other beats r ILL. especially: 'Fuck You', 'Too Hot' - that beat is hot!, 'Who U Rep Wit' is aight, just to mention a few.

Mixtape Mutt
10-24-2005, 12:38 PM
if u like doom like him...why do u care what others think of him?
True, but like I said before. Doom is one of those emcees that you either like off the start, or you don't, or he has to grow on you. I like Doom, he's great. His flow might get repetitive but that's Doom and I like Doom. His albums are ill, his beats are ill, Doom is ill. Vaudville Villan, Operation Doomsday, Doomilation, Mm food, all great albums along with his other albums out there. He come's out with something new every month it seems. Doom brought back the love of Hip-Hop that some of these self-proclaimed "rappers" are missing. You either feel him, or you don't. It's like beer, you either like it or you don't, some have to aquire the taste for beer. I don't like beer, I like whiskey, but I do like Doom. Doom and whiskey.

siciliaWU
10-24-2005, 12:40 PM
good producer, really annoying emcee, no flow and nerdy as hell (with KMD he was on point though)

J-Ronin
10-24-2005, 03:20 PM
I did not like Doom at first but his shit has grown on me . I got pretty much all his music. He's doing his thing and I respect that

Ink Is My Drink
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
i LOVE MF DOOM he is the best thing in hip hop at the moment

jus bought dangerdoom today its sooo good

Jonathan Blazeny
10-24-2005, 06:09 PM

Firstly, if you look at my registration date I've been around since '03 which suggests I've at least been listening to hip hop since then. The fact my posts = 1 was because my old posts must of been deleted when the site went down and I only recently have been checking back!! Did I state Madvillain as the GOAT..... No!!

Blazeny, every MC writes stuff daily....whys that impress you....and dropping a lot of garbage doesn't mean SHIT.

Not being an MC myself, how am I supposed to know this so obviously well known fact!!!! And as far as Doom dropping a load of garbage, don't make me laugh!!! You saying Young Buck is the shit!!!, now that makes me laugh!!! He obviously doesn't write stuff daily, the bullshit that comes out of his mouth!!! But then again thats ur opinion like this is mine!!!

but for all of yall to hate on young buck is just wrong....So it's wrong to hate on Young Bizzuck while stating you like Doom is dickriding!!! Damn, what a contradiction!!! You Nas in disguise!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Doom is one of the artists that I really don't give a fuck if he gets hated on

snapple
10-24-2005, 08:49 PM
"Not being an MC myself, how am I supposed to know this so obviously well known fact!!!! "

so don't act like you know.

"You saying Young Buck is the shit!!!"
where did i said that? i said he's the best out of g-unit and is unfairly hated on...he has some nice punches...hes an alright MC...

"But then again thats ur opinion like this is mine!!!"

no, rap is subjective, you're wrong again.

"So it's wrong to hate on Young Bizzuck while stating you like Doom is dickriding!!! "

not at all....i didn't say that youre talkin some bullshit.

"what a contradiction!!! You Nas in disguise!!!"

do you know what a contradiction is? explain to me how i'm nas in disguise...why is nas known for making contradictions you prolly can't even break that down

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Doom!!! I've been listenin to doom since KMD/3rd bass days.. Keep it hip hopIf peeps think he is boring thats fine, hes dope A+ to meexactly been ill since the late 80-deca muahahah

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-24-2005, 08:53 PM
^ thats what I am talking about, word!

ZiG 9th
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Me personally........i haven't heard enuff material from him 2 say whether i love him or hate him? Like i loved his song that he had on High Times vol. 1 "My favorite ladies" When i heard that i was like damn this MF Doom guy iz ill! I liked his voice! He had the ill New York accent that alot of rappers from Ny just don't speak with anymore? Or maybe itz just me? I dunno? But yea then i heard him on C-Rayz Walz album and he didn't sound as good? And he doesn't really impress me much on Biochemical Equation with RZA? So i dunno? I wanna hear more of his stuff tho! Whatz his best album 2 pick up first? He's definately an acquired taste! Any1 know what he's talkin about on Biochemical Equa? He was sayin somethin about? He gotta get outta the booth like a sweatbox? Take a sip of some head noddin? lol he be sayin some krazy shit in his verses!

Razorsharp
10-25-2005, 12:15 AM
i like him, and now i like him more bcuz of his Dangerdoom LP... dopeness....

Jonathan Blazeny
10-25-2005, 01:11 PM
"Not being an MC myself, how am I supposed to know this so obviously well known fact!!!! "

so don't act like you know.I wasn't "Acting" like I knew, I was merely assuming that he writes stuff daily!!!

"You saying Young Buck is the shit!!!"

where did i said that? i said he's the best out of g-unit and is unfairly hated on...he has some nice punches...hes an alright MC... OK, not the exact words, but you did say he was "nice", which in my "subjective" opinion, is different than "alright"!!!!!! Which brings me on to....

"But then again thats ur opinion like this is mine!!!"

no, rap is subjective, you're wrong again.Yeah, dumbass, my subjective opinion is that I like Doom, and your subjective opinion is that you don't like him as much!!!

"So it's wrong to hate on Young Bizzuck while stating you like Doom is dickriding!!!

not at all....i didn't say that youre talkin some bullshit. Where these not your words??? - but for all of yall to hate on young buck is just wrong.... &

i'm not a doom hater, nor a dick rider.

That seems, in my subjective opinion that liking him means you're a dick rider!!! But oh well!!!

"what a contradiction!!! You Nas in disguise!!!"

do you know what a contradiction is? explain to me how i'm nas in disguise...why is nas known for making contradictions you prolly can't even break that downAnyone that knows hip-hop knows that Nas, although obviously one of the greatest to touch a mic, has contradictions: Making a song called 'Money is My Bitch' to mentioning in songs that people see rappers as people that are only interested in Money!!!!! Being just one example!!

I'm sure we could go on forever in this thread, but that just seems pointless as you'll be wrong each time and i'll be right!! So lets just say that I like MF Doom and you like Young Buck!! End of....beyatch!!!!

faderlaceratah
10-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Doom is dope. you shouldn't need to ask whether he's dope or not. it's whether you think hes dope or not.

STARKS_WALLABEES
10-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Doom is dope. you shouldn't need to ask whether he's dope or not. it's whether you think hes dope or not.
Exactimundo

Hahaha some of you disapoint me with your blatant dickriding , saying Doom bit ghostfaces style when ya should know full well that doom had his shit out before Wu was even formed !!!
Imo Doom is one of the best emcees right now.
Peace.

snapple
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
ok your broken ass english is making this 100x harder but i'll work with this.

"i was merely assuming"

ok....?

(characteristic of or belonging to reality as perceived rather than as independent of mind)
^^ i'm not talking about opinons. with rap there is good and bad. How the fuck do you think rap battles work? MCs are better then other MCs, thats how shit is. If you want me to go in depth on this i will....

"Making a song called 'Money is My Bitch' to mentioning in songs that people see rappers as people that are only interested in Money!!!!! "

thats not a contradiction at all. you're completly trying to twist something to fit your warperd perspective. First of all i haven't even heard this song what album is this on...title of a track doesn't mean shit...the song content could be completley irrelevent...title doesn't mean shit... even if he does have a song called money (http://server4.103092804.com/Release3/linkredirect.php?h=40158,233263,1130284441) is my bitch and talks about flossing and whatever, that doesn't change the fact that he believes most people are one track minded and sterotype rappers as people who are ONLY interested in money, which of course is not the case. Listen to almost any rap LP and it wont only be about money, although money (http://server4.103092804.com/Release3/linkredirect.php?h=40158,233263,1130284441) is an important issue so it is commonly rapped about, he never said that rappers don't care about money, he says that people view rappers as just X(money hungry whores) which is odviously not the case...

"
Originally Posted by snapple
"So it's wrong to hate on Young Bizzuck while stating you like Doom is dickriding!!!

not at all....i didn't say that youre talkin some bullshit.
Where these not your words??? -
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple
but for all of yall to hate on young buck is just wrong....

&"

again, trying to twist reality....I never said if you like doom you're a dick rider. show me where i said that. I said it was wrong for people to hate on young buck, because it is, he does infact spit some nice punches.....

nice little flavor at the end, calling me a bitch when you're in fuckin europe or wherever....you ARE NOT RIGHT, you're wrong smarty. so stop acting like you know this shit when you don't.

bringoutthegimp
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
doom is the best out just, no one is more consistant than him

Jonathan Blazeny
10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Ok I know I said I wouldn't reply but I can't help it.

If in rap there is bad or good, how is this decided?? Is it merely plucked out of the air? Nope, its based on the opinions of the people observing the rappers, whether this is through records, live shows or battles!

You are basically saying that if a load of peeps watching a battle were 70/30 in favour of one MC then he is good and the other is bad?? So while 70% think that one rapper is good, the other 30% are wrong in thinking the other one is better?? I'm sorry but that sounds like a load of bullshit to me!

Also, just because the 70% say one rapper is better, it doesn't necessarily mean they think the other is shit! Their opinion is that they weren't as good as the other on the night! Another night they may be on fire, and win, then the person that was previously good is now shit!!! Hmmmm!!

Keeping with your "8 Mile" theme, what if someone was having a shitty night but really had skills, ala Eminem, would they instantly be dismissed as a shit rapper??
Face it, you're the one not making sense!!

The Nas song is from his album "I Am"! You make a good point in what you're saying and I see where you're coming from, but to me, to go from making a song talking about money and flossin' 100% to then releasing a song sayin people see rappers as all about Money, Ice etc. seems a bit contradictory!! Ok, like you said rappers aren't all about that, for sure, but he's not really helping his own case by releasing it in the first place! But, anyway, I'm sure most people contradict themselves all the time!! Thats life!!

Also, I still can't see why you think it is wrong to not like Young Buck!! Just because you like him, means everyone else should?? Its all down to opinion again!

snapple
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
^^ haha pluck one sentince i said and turn it all to that, glad you left the rest alone.

"Also, just because the 70% say one rapper is better, it doesn't necessarily mean they think the other is shit! Their opinion is that they weren't as good as the other on the night! Another night they may be on fire, and win, then the person that was previously good is now shit!!! Hmmmm!!"

common sense, why are you saying this?

"Keeping with your "8 Mile" theme, what if someone was having a shitty night but really had skills, ala Eminem, would they instantly be dismissed as a shit rapper??
Face it, you're the one not making sense!!"

no because you're making a generilzation and once again warping what i said...and you keep fuckin doin that youd make a great historian or politican. rap battles do not necessarily determine who is the better rapper, it's not that easy. Rap battles display who kicks the harder verse, it's verse vs. verse. not the big picture. a rap battle doesn't determine who is gonna be a better MC, but in a rap battle, one person has a better verse then the other and is the winner....But yes there are factors that you odviously don't know about because you're not an MC like you claim. do you even understand what makes a good rhyme good? do you know anything about breath control, flow, multisylables, punches, metaphors, etc..... think of a song like an english paper being graded. there are many contributing factors on why something is good. Now i will agree that there is a point where it is opinion, when you reach the top tier rappers (big l, big pun, notorious big, gza, rakim, big daddy kane..etc) because a lot of these MCs know how to rap and are incoporating EVERYTHING into their rhymes and aren't flawed in catagories. so then it becomes prefrence. but for the most part it is very debateable.

of course people are much nicer on pen then with freestyles....the rap battle was meerly an example i tried to use that was rather insignifigant, but you chose to focus on because you couldn't talk shit about anyting i said in the last response because it was all right.

"If in rap there is bad or good, how is this decided?? Is it merely plucked out of the air? Nope, its based on the opinions of the people observing the rappers, whether this is through records, live shows or battles! "

you simply do not understand the art of MCing, thats really what this comes down too. and because you don't understand it i'll sit here and keep arguing with you untill you get it. i liked what this got turned into though. you'll always be right and i'll always be wrong huh?

Jonathan Blazeny
10-25-2005, 05:41 PM
I understand all that you're saying but I was just trying to get my point across about opinions and that was it!!! I'm glad that you say there is some element of opinion too!!

As far as me understanding what makes a rhyme good! Please!!! Thats the reason why i got into rap!! They way some rappers flow, like the old Method Man, blew me away!!! Big Pun and Biggies breath control is amazing! The multi-syllables that Eminem has kicked, the punchlines that MF Doom has displayed and the metaphors that too many MC's to mention have come out with is why I love hip hop!!!

OK, I might not understand it from a battle MC perspective, but as a fan of hip-hop, I think i know my shit quite well, even if you think i don't!!