PDA

View Full Version : Rappers you would rather listen to than Wu

Revolution
10-23-2005, 10:33 AM
*THIS IS PURELY OPINION. NO HATE IN THIS THREAD. WU IS TIGHT BUT THERE ARE BETTER ARTISTS PERSONALLY. POST YOURS ALSO*

- Nas
- Jay-Z
- Biggie
- Tupac
- Scarface
- Three 6 Mafia
- Dipset
- Immortal Technique
- GZA, Ghost, Rae, Meth (better on solo joints)
- Eminem (yeah I said it)
- Royce
- Mobb Deep
- Ice Cube
- DMX
- D-Block
- Canibus
- Cormega
- Bone Thugs
- Big Pun
- Cormega
- The Roots

9th Warrior
10-23-2005, 10:36 AM
1. this shouldnt be in wu-tang chamber
2. ban this motherfucker

Cheech Da WildKard
10-23-2005, 10:45 AM
I can respect that ...

But, Bone Thugs? Royce Da 5'9? Three Six FUCKING Mafia? ...Cmon now ...

Revolution
10-23-2005, 10:46 AM
2. ban this motherfucker :{ Your gay love for the Wu is blinding you. Either answer to this thread in a relevant fashion or don't post. What's wrong with my opinion? It's not like I'm hating on the Wu, as I gave credit to Ghost, GZA, INS, Meth, and others numerous times.

deadlymelody
10-23-2005, 10:47 AM
None. Wu is the best to me.

9th Warrior
10-23-2005, 10:48 AM
:{ Your gay love for the Wu is blinding you. Either answer to this thread in a relevant fashion or don't post. What's wrong with my opinion? It's not like I'm hating on the Wu, as I gave credit to Ghost, GZA, INS, Meth, and others numerous times.
fuck you
im sayin u shud put this in the damn hip-hop spot not the wu-tang chamber

PolitiC
10-23-2005, 10:48 AM
None. Wu is the best to me. co-sign..no dickryding tho its just my opinion i can respect somebody liking other artists better

Revolution
10-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I can respect that ...

But, Bone Thugs? Royce Da 5'9? Three Six FUCKING Mafia? ...Cmon now ... Don't get me wrong. I would take all of the Wu as solo artists over most of the mentioned artists, but as a group, Wu is alright. That's just how I feel.

Revolution
10-23-2005, 10:49 AM
fuck you
im sayin u shud put this in the damn hip-hop spot not the wu-tang chamber My bad, MOD move it to Hip-Hop spot then. Thought this was the right spot since it's about Wu.

crass
10-23-2005, 02:06 PM
^^^^revolution you're just trying to start trouble, you can say "no hate" but you know how people are gonna respond

Prolifical ENG
10-23-2005, 02:16 PM
My bad, MOD move it to Hip-Hop spot then. Thought this was the right spot since it's about Wu.

This thread could go in either section. Hip hop spot may be a better place, as it would recieve less flames.

baby jesus
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Honestly There's No One I Rather Hear Then Wu-tang And It's Not Because Of A Blind Alligance I Seriously Look Forward To Any Wu-tang Realese Before Anything Else. Actually Biggie Equally.

Mr_Chopsticks
10-23-2005, 02:20 PM
50 Cent, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo you punk bitches

Dante
10-23-2005, 03:09 PM
None. Wu are my favorite. But i honestly get more excited for a GZA album than a Wu album

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-23-2005, 03:10 PM
if there wasnt wu,id be hooked hardcore on flipmode,bcc and def squad

those are my favs out there

Cheech Da WildKard
10-23-2005, 03:23 PM
^ Finally someone who loves Def Squad as much as me ... "El Nino" is slept on like a mattress

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2005, 03:23 PM
You must have a low opinion of the wu to post all of them artists, i don't hate on you but on your past threads, i find you pathetic

Bone Collecta
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
I can respect that ...

all those ppl >>>>dipset

Cheech Da WildKard
10-23-2005, 03:51 PM
all those ppl >>>>dipset
LOL, ok.

Revolution
10-23-2005, 04:03 PM
You must have a low opinion of the wu to post all of them artists, i don't hate on you but on your past threads, i find you pathetic I have a low opinion, yet I've stated that I enjoyed the Wu's solo efforts more than as a group. Think before you type.

Murdah Piff
10-23-2005, 04:09 PM
bcc and mobb deep

Alcryt
10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
i personally enjoy listening to wu more than any other rappers with the exception of the gravediggaz.

But if there was no wu i would go wit old busta rhymes, nas and roots manuva.
Some days i wud evan prefer 2 listen 2 roots manuva over the wu cos i he 1 of my fav rappers ever.

Bone Collecta
10-23-2005, 04:24 PM
LOL, ok.
you are a true dipset stan son. smh u are VERY sad

Cheech Da WildKard
10-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, bit like you and Twista huh? ..

Knicks
10-23-2005, 04:54 PM
whats the fascination with immortal tecnhique??? his flow is always off. always... n even his good tracks, dance with the devil, you never know, they have no replay value cause of him

RaE
10-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Wu is an essence, irriplaceable, but there are groups out there that are worth or at least same calliber as Wu....

1.) Black Thought; the Roots
2.) Q Tip; a Tribe called Quest
3.) Nas
4.) Common
5.) Kanye West
6.) Talib Kweli

....no disrespect to Wu, but different times and feelings call for different sounds, which in turn call for a different rapper. Times change and the messages need a newer voice, Wu is a monarch, a legendary group...they'll always be.

Bone Collecta
10-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah, bit like you and Twista huh? ..
Twista >>>> Dipset so go suck a dick

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2005, 06:22 PM
I have a low opinion, yet I've stated that I enjoyed the Wu's solo efforts more than as a group. Think before you type.
You said yourrself that all you wanted to do is piss off wu stans

that = being pathetic

leaguer1
10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
currently, besides wu all i listen to is necro's camp, mf doom and jedi mind tricks

Lesbian Nun
10-23-2005, 06:35 PM
i only listen to wu-tang...

i went through all of those rappers in my life some not even too long ago. then "natural selection" took over and the stronger genes were passed on from neuron to neuron and pyramided into me only liking what's at the top of the fucking chain....which is Wu-tang...everyone else can't rap liek wu....

Cheech Da WildKard
10-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Twista >>>> Dipset so go suck a dick
LOL

You should be a stand up comedian

Bone Collecta
10-23-2005, 07:31 PM
LOL

You should be a stand up comedian
Shouldnt u be listening to Chingy bout now? lol lame ass its funny u got the worst members of Dipset in ya sig too smh

baby jesus
10-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Man No One Saying Anything About Biggie If I Had To Choose Between Biggie And Wu I Dont Know What I Would Do Or Who I Would Choose.

THE W
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
nothing musically is better than wu-tang at the top of their game.

SHRAP
10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
onyx

boenance
10-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Slick Rick-mf doom-cypress hill-eric b and rakim-nas would be at the top of the list

Revolution
10-23-2005, 11:18 PM
whats the fascination with immortal tecnhique??? his flow is always off. always... n even his good tracks, dance with the devil, you never know, they have no replay value cause of him Because unlike most of the Wu, he has something to talk about. I respect GZA and Deck, but most of their good verses are about how good they are and are basically battle rappers. I can't say the same about Ghost, who does have some thought provoking music. That might be why many regard him as the best Wu-Tang member.
You said yourrself that all you wanted to do is piss off wu stans

that = being pathetic Show me a post where I stated that. You're talking out of your ass now and it seems you speculate shit like that. Are you paranoid?

thwak
10-23-2005, 11:41 PM
well I like wu too damn much to really say I think people are better than them. but if wu never formed these are the guys I'd look for

ty gutter (www.gunrunnerz.com, www.treazyradioshow.com)
nepharius (www.nephariusepidemics.com (http://www.nephariusepidemics.com/))
ill bill
goretex
sean price
mf doom
mf grimm
rodan (monster island czars)
vakill (molemen)

yeah so I had to promote treazy radio show artists in this thread too but really though those are the guys I look forward to when I'm not listening to wu. and neph is too damn ill to still be unsigned so I suggest you check him out.

killabee_1993
10-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Wu Tang at it's finest is better than any music on this planet. Dont call it Wu-stan bullshit people, just realize its the God honest truth. But under Wu, I listen to lots of Nas, Mobb Deep, B.I.G., all Boot Camp (BCC is the second greatest team in Hip Hop IMO, time tested) Doom, Heiro Crew, Pun, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Talib, Mos, Common, too many to mention. Lots of good hip hop out there, Wu is just at the top of the heap. Forever.

GhettoGnom
10-24-2005, 05:28 AM
:)

Royce is dope, but he doesn't stand a chance compared to the wu :)

My list:

Some afu-ra
some krs-one
some dark lotus
some styles of beyond
some ganksta NIP
some geto boys
some atmosphere
some pharoahe monch
some 2pac
some celph titled
a few ICP joints

Well, I think what I'm trying to say is Wu is da greatest, but there are many artist that have made a couple of hot joints that are better then most(not all) wu joints :)

Jabba Jaw
10-24-2005, 09:18 AM
jehst
roots manuva
outkast

Reggie_Noble
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
right now?

Dipset
Redman
Rent Mel (Danish)

4-Bar Killer
10-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Eminem over wu? its fine with an opinion, but em over wu is complete nonsens!

Well, no dickriding, but I must say that wu is my favorite hiphop group. I also like them as solo artists.. but some rappers that I like almost/as much as wu is:

-Nas
-Big L
-A.Z.
-Tragedy Khadafi (His work on "The War Report" plus his first cd is legendary, 'Still Reportin' wasnt that good)
-Mobb Deep (1993-1999)
-Biggie (the most of it. Some of his tracks are weak imo)
-Shyne (Like it or not, Po came hard on Godfather...)

1-love

Dante
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Revolution]Because unlike most of the Wu, he has something to talk about. I respect GZA and Deck, but most of their good verses are about how good they are and are basically battle rappers. I can't say the same about Ghost, who does have some thought provoking music. That might be why many regard him as the best Wu-Tang member.
QUOTE]

You're not telling me Ghost's music is more thought provoking than GZA's are you?

kewell07
10-24-2005, 11:32 AM
I can respect that ...

WOT!! Bone thugs first two releases are classics kid, I use to love em back then(I haven't ckecked their music for ages tho)... I agree three six are wack.

Antibody
10-24-2005, 11:41 AM
I consider listening to solo Wu members listening to Wu, and Wu members are amoungst the top of my list... but other mentions go to Edan, Nas, Jay-Z, DOOM, Kanye, Redman... quite a lot actually but Wu are heavy in my music listening.

Mixtape Mutt
10-24-2005, 12:04 PM
None. Wu are my favorite. But i honestly get more excited for a GZA album than a Wu albumCo-sign.

I love the Wu, not on some dickriding shit either. IMO no one can match the Wu. I listen to a lot of artists.

The whole Wu Clan
A whole shit load of the Wu fams/Killa Beez
Kool G Rap
Slick Rick
KRS One/BDP
MC Shan
Cormega
Nas
Lord Finesse
Big L (RIP)
MF Doom
Monster Island Czars
MF Grimm/GM Grimm
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
AZ
Kurtis Blow
Molemen
Vakill
Chino XL
OC
Onyx
Non-Phixion
Pharoe Monch
Tragedy Khadafi
Redman
Run DMC
Rakim
Gangstarr
Jeru the Damaja
Jedi Mind Tricks
Gravediggaz (RIP Poetic)
De La Soul
Dead Prez
Canibus
C-Rayz Walz
EPMD
Public Enemy
A Tribe Called Quest
Kurupt

and much more...

Revolution
10-24-2005, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Revolution]Because unlike most of the Wu, he has something to talk about. I respect GZA and Deck, but most of their good verses are about how good they are and are basically battle rappers. I can't say the same about Ghost, who does have some thought provoking music. That might be why many regard him as the best Wu-Tang member.
QUOTE]

You're not telling me Ghost's music is more thought provoking than GZA's are you? No, I'm saying that Ghost's shit is more diverse. Personally, I prefer GZA but I can see why most people prefer Ghost.

RaE
10-24-2005, 02:40 PM
shit I prefer Ghost....funny, it seems to me alot of ya'll is dickrydin' tha Wu...I mean, I understand THIS IS A WU SITE, but damn, be realistic. Wu was a powerhouse because they hood, they stuck together and made music relevant in their day, however times change. You can't tell me the Roots ain't touchin' Wu, Tribe Called Quest.

I mean, even single artists...Nas, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, inside the Wu, "Rae~o~Ghost" is the illest connection...but Kiss an' Styles is sittin' neck to neck wit' em....there's countless others not even mentioned. I don't know, just seem like ya'll think you gone get a hit out on you if you say anyone is over Wu on this site....beef up!!!

By the way....Respect WU!!!

Cheech Da WildKard
10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
WOT!! Bone thugs first two releases are classics kid, I use to love em back then(I haven't ckecked their music for ages tho)... I agree three six are wack.
I never said they were wack or nothin', and for your information I like Bone Thugs and have all their CDs apart from Thug World Order. Alls I'm sayin' is, they don't match up to Wu.

J-Ronin
10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Dipset is whack son. They aint shit but a cocky swagger and some clothes rapping some tired ass flows. Learn about real hip-hop, check the flier and my mixtapes

-J

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-24-2005, 03:19 PM
*THIS IS PURELY OPINION. NO HATE IN THIS THREAD. WU IS TIGHT BUT THERE ARE BETTER ARTISTS PERSONALLY. POST YOURS ALSO*

- Nas
- Jay-Z
- Biggie
- Tupac
- Scarface
- Three 6 Mafia
- Dipset
- Immortal Technique
- GZA, Ghost, Rae, Meth (better on solo joints)
- Eminem (yeah I said it)
- Royce
- Mobb Deep
- Ice Cube
- DMX
- D-Block
- Canibus
- Cormega
- Bone Thugs
- Big Pun
- Cormega
- The Roots
fuck you fag, you dont know shit about hiphop

Fr@z
10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Ghostlaced is a reciever

J-Cee
10-25-2005, 01:38 AM
fuck this,Wu are the best as a group to me and always will be,no other group has brung a sound like wutang.

I wanna hear sounds like "Heavens Sake" "Da mystery of Chessboxin" .etc...that shit was Ill as.

Yeh i like the wu as solo rappers 2,but as a group they fit well together and ripped the mic up,straight up.

SHRAP
10-25-2005, 01:41 AM
ICP
commit suicide

tha god concept
10-25-2005, 01:49 AM
typical cats

thirstinhowl

del

ali vegas

warbux

ra tha rugged man

kool g rap

demi gods

cage

tha liks

rass cass

big L

biggie

gheto boys

cassidy

rack Lo

mr.eon

cannibal ox

j zone

and many more...........

wu still my fav emcees tho

Os3y3ris
10-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Bone Thugs circa mid 90s. Immortal technique.

J-Ronin
10-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Mike Jones! UGK!, Scrarface, Turkish folk music and La Bamba

ol dirty abbot
10-25-2005, 04:23 AM
None at all my first choice always the wu. but i like also
del tha funkee,
big l,
daz dillenger,
old ice cube,
redman,
planet asia
onyx

tajeco
10-25-2005, 10:35 AM
no one is better. I like other artists too though. And depending on my mood, I might want to hear Canibus, Buck 65, or The Beatles, but in no way would I ever say Dipshits are better than Wu

Orion Nebulus
10-25-2005, 10:47 AM
No one is even on Wutang's league when they are on their best. No one!!! But I do respect and listen to other emcees like MF Doom, Gangstarr, Little brother, Cannibal Ox to name a few.

ironwizard
10-25-2005, 04:08 PM
right now?

Dipset
Redman
Rent Mel (Danish)
Hellere rent mel end Wu-Tang? hmm..:nonono:

Revolution
10-25-2005, 04:16 PM
fuck you fag, you dont know shit about hiphop No, fuck YOU, fag. Stop licking Ghostface's asshole.

You're the prime example of a Wu-stan. I'll respect your opinion once you come correct like other people in this thread did. I bet all if 9 Wu members, hell, all the affiliates came to your door and asked you to suck their dicks, you would do it in a heartbeat. Get at me.

Ink Is My Drink
10-25-2005, 04:21 PM
depends wat mood im in but

mf doom
the roots
talib kweli
dead prez

snapple
10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
what kind of question is this? i listen to different shit all the time...depends how i'm feeling...

4-Bar Killer
10-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Hellere rent mel end Wu-Tang? hmm..:nonono:
Haha, Rent Mel? de er da for dårlige, ligesom det meste andet danske hip-hop. Rent Mel bedre en Wu-Tang? NEJ!

Revolution
10-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Hellere rent mel end Wu-Tang? hmm..:nonono: Haha, Rent Mel? de er da for dårlige, ligesom det meste andet danske hip-hop. Rent Mel bedre en Wu-Tang? NEJ! Pussies.

Rain Man
10-25-2005, 10:18 PM
2. ban this motherfuckerthats fuckin hilarious, i hate people.. humans, the human race, we are so... retarded sometimes.

4-Bar Killer
10-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Pussies.
Det må du meget undskylde.

Jeru
10-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Mop

GhettoGnom
10-27-2005, 09:00 AM
commit suicide Lol, i said some icp.... Most wu is better than thei're shit, but icp got a couple of solid joints that's better then some wu shit....

(dansk rap suger 2k....)

Revolution
10-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Dipset is whack son. They aint shit but a cocky swagger and some clothes rapping some tired ass flows. Learn about real hip-hop, check the flier and my mixtapes

-J Haha, I don't want to waste my time going down to the homeless shelter to hear a wack net rapper.

Jeru
10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Jurassic 5

ironwizard
10-28-2005, 05:51 AM
Pussies.
Frustrating when you don't understand what people are saying, aint it?:stroke:

Claustrofobic
10-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Gang Starr
DMX
Cormega
D.I.T.C

GhettoGnom
10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
^ je ne comprend pas, Pourquois tu ne pas parle avec anglais? Es ce que tu es une tappet? ou..........
Oja, din stygge horunge, tror du kan fransk!

WU-KILLAH
10-28-2005, 11:11 AM
^ je ne comprend pas, Pourquois tu ne pas parle avec anglais? Es ce que tu es une tappet? ou..........

not too bad but you made some mistakes :hooray: Je confirme: ce mec est une tafiole.

To answer the question: nothing is better than wu IMO. Maybe Goodie Mobb at their best can be equal to them.

psyenz
10-28-2005, 04:08 PM
MCs I like as much as the Wu:
Grimm
G Rap
Percee P
Ras Kass...
In addition to my Wu albums, no one else I'd rather hear.

RapLevelated
10-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Right now....

Little Brother

AK Spray
10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
let's see here.. who do i like more than Wu-Tang... UHhh... Wu-Tang.. Yea, those guys are ill.

hectis
10-28-2005, 06:04 PM
I like NAS AZ D-BLOCK DEAD PREZ RAKIM KRS ONE DIP SET CANIBUS JAY Z AMONG OTHERS BUT IN MY VIEW THE WU IS ON ANOTHER LEVAL INFACT THE ONLY ALBUMS I EVER BOUGHT WERE WU TANG AND WU TANG OFFSPRINGS NOT THAT I DONT LISTEN TO OTHER ALBUMS BUT I LOOK FORWERD TO WU MUSIC SO MUCH MORE