PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska state of emergency involving two power plants

food for thought
06-28-2011, 11:15 AM
TSA u better gtfo bro

What The Fukushima Is Going On In Omaha?

MONDAY, 27 JUNE 2011 08:34 LOCAL TALK NEWS EDITOR

In the immediate aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Japanese officials assured everyone that everything was alright; everything was under control, that the problem was limited and controllable. It took a few days for that lie to fall apart.

This time, it may be our turn. Something bad is happening in Nebraska. A state of emergency was declared for two counties where two nuclear plants are located - one at the Fort Calhoun nuclear facility and one at the Cooper Nuclear Station near Brownsville. Due to flooding from the Missouri River, some kind of emergency event is happening or about to happen there. The government is telling us not to worry, that there are just some precautionary measures going on to prevent a disaster from happening because of the flooding.

Makeshift barriers have been erected at the Fort Calhoun plant because the current river level is two feet above the ground level of the plant. At the Cooper facility, another three inches of water and the facility will be closed. There were two tornadoes in the area a few days ago with winds of 85 mph.

Without the barriers, the plants would be, as we call it, under water, which is part of what caused the problem at Fukushima. Water plus radioactivity creates radioactive water, or radioactive steam, which radiation can turn into hydrogen and oxygen which have a habit of, as we call it, exploding.

The government is telling us not to panic. All is under control, just like in Japan. But here are a few troubling inconsistencies. One, the Red Cross shelter next to the Fort Calhoun plant has been closed. They claim it was due to “decreased need.” During a flood? Now there is a no-fly zone around the plant. Then there is the disturbing news that the spent fuel rod pool was so full that they store the surplus fuel rods in a dry storage area outside the safety of the pool. How long will that area stay dry and what happens if it gets wet? One reporter claims the dry storage bunker is now half-submerged. One of the intake structures is prone to flooding that could affect the water pumps. Non-functional water pumps? Does that sound familiar?

Keep in mind that some flooding was deliberately caused by the Army releasing water from reservoirs to protect them from failing. This has flooded levees. The Army has in the past dynamited levees to direct the water elsewhere - like where poor people live and work - to protect the areas where rich people live and work.

The Russians are concerned. They are reporting that on June 7, there was a nuclear accident at the plant due to the flooding and that the Obama administration has ordered a news blackout. They think there’s a Level Four emergency that is being concealed.

Fort Calhoun is probably not a lot like Fukushima - for one thing, the reactor itself is shut down, so the danger is mostly with spent fuel rods, rather than a meltdown of the reactor itself. Not that fuel rods can’t melt down too - they can. But if something happened, we should be told, right?

Some independent sources reported a fire in an electrical switch room at the plant on Tuesday that shut down the cooling pumps. The accident was corrected in about 90 minutes and there was no large increase in temperature at the pool. So no big deal, right?

Well, the weather report for Nebraska says rain Wednesday (when I wrote this) and a lot more on the weekend. Levees are being breached, dams are overflowing, there’s still a tornado threat, some residents are being evacuated, and the river is still rising. So maybe it is a big deal.

An Associated Press investigation concluded that radioactive tritium has escaped from about three-quarters of our commercial nuclear power plants. The weak spot in most nuclear plants are pipes, and pipes have a habit of leaking or bursting. They believe that when most plants fail to meet standards, the government just lowers the standards or chooses to not enforce them. Isn’t that a comforting thought?

We have a nuclear plant close to us at Indian Point, New York, which was erected near two earthquake fault lines. Whoops.

In Japan, the internet gave us more reliable news than the mainstream media, and a lot sooner too. The Hawaii News Daily was reporting on this accident since June 14, but regular media seem slow or unwilling to investigate. For example, early CNN reporting mentioned a flooding risk to their stadium but never mentioned the nuclear power plant. So, is this a National Enquirer style false panic story, or a real conspiracy theory full scale news event? I guess we’ll find out by next week. You can’t hide something like this forever. Japan tried, and failed. Until then, carry an umbrella, and maybe a Geiger counter.

EAGLE EYE
06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Wonderful

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-28-2011, 01:18 PM
ugh....jeez.

food for thought
06-29-2011, 06:04 AM
lmao @ nobody cares about this shit

maybe i should have said nuclear plants in the title

or maybe fags dont care anyway

faggits.

Soul Controller
06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
lol word food for thought,, i think no one does care.. i was gonna post this news, and related videos of this is incident over 2 weeks ago(if notlonger ago).. but i knew people would just bitch and moan at me..
lol
props for the post :D

check this site food,.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

its rather :D

well not the events.. but the content of the site..

let me know if you have any problems..

peace

diggy
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
I think TSA cares. Imagine what size his nostrils would grow to if he came into contact wit nuclear radiated waste.

food for thought
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
haha

EAGLE EYE
06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Hahahaha

whitey
06-29-2011, 05:17 PM
i saw patrice o'neal friday at a comedy club. he dropped some knowledge on the subject.

no one cares about things that don't directly effect them.

SKAMPOE
06-29-2011, 08:44 PM
lmao @ nobody cares about this shit

maybe i should have said nuclear plants in the title

or maybe fags dont care anyway

faggits.
xt5ghXdq6Z0&feature=player_embedded#at=27

EAGLE EYE
06-29-2011, 09:44 PM
xt5ghXdq6Z0&feature=player_embedded#at=27

lol this video is a jewel, I tried finding it the other day but couldn't remember the name

Soul Controller
07-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Then theirs this;

Flames leap within site of Los Alamos Nuclear weapons laboratory
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_nm_fires_kd_110629_wg.jpg

June 29, 2011 – NEW MEXICO – The wildfire that surrounds the nuclear lab in Los Alamos, New Mexico, has grown to at least 61,000 acres amid mounting concerns about what might be in the smoke that’s visible from space. Such fear has prompted the Environmental Protection Agency to bring in air monitors, along with a special airplane that checks for radiation levels. So far officials have not been able to find anything. “Our facilities and nuclear material are protected and safe,” Laboratory Director Dr. Charles McMillan told ABC News. The Los Alamos facility — the birthplace of the atomic bomb — was shrouded in secrecy long before it was surrounded by smoke after the Las Conchas fire began Sunday. “It contains approximately 20,000 barrels of nuclear waste,” former top security official Glen Walp said. “It’s not contained within a concrete, brick and mortar-type building, but rather in a sort of fabric-type building that a fire could easily consume. “Potential is high for a major calamity if the fire would reach these areas,” he added. The flames from the 95-square-mile fire have reportedly reached as close as 50 feet from the grounds. With a wildfire so close, lab officials, along with government officials such as New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, are trying to reassure the public of the plant’s safety. “I’m confident in saying that they are committed to making it safe,” Martinez told ABC News. After a mass evacuation, the city of Los Alamos remains a ghost town. Most of its 12,000 residents were evacuated Monday, some leaving their sprinklers on to protect their homes. Still, according to Police Chief Wayne Torpy, about 150 die-hard residents have stayed behind, unfazed by the danger presented by their nuclear neighbor. “I know the laboratory is secure and they’re ready for this kind of emergency situation,” Stephanie Chavez, a resident of Los Alamos, told ABC News. Firefighters have made progress in the past few days, and have said that the risk of the flames reaching radioactive material is slim. Still, they caution that winds Wednesday could change, as could their level of confidence. –ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/US/los-alamos-fire-epa-testing-radiation/story?id=13953953)

The U.S. appears to have been prepared for every type of threat from terrorists to its nuclear facilities except the assaults which can be inflicted by Mother Nature. Nature is sending a message loud and clear- and we wonder if anybody in the world is listening? The series of mishaps this month is enough to make one wonder who’s really in charge- man or nature. This month, lightning strikes shut down both the High Flux Reactor in Tennessee (http://blogs.knoxnews.com/munger/2011/06/lightning-shuts-down-oak-ridge.html) and the Dominion North Ana plant in Virginia (http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/96657624.html). The Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant in Omaha is under threat from flooding this week in the Midwest and now the Los Alamos nuclear facility in New Mexico is under siege from wildfires. As the March 9.0 earthquake in Japan showed us, the world is ill-equipped to contain and protect the public at large from the dangers of a disaster at these nuclear facilities.the face of escalating threats from Earthchanges

J-Cee
07-01-2011, 04:46 PM
did TSA Die?

if he didnt he should use his nostrils to sniff the fires out with dem cave ass fuckin nostrils.problem solved.

CEITEDMOFO
07-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Turquoise jeep

another banger

or should i say smanger