PDA

View Full Version : Nike re-signs Michael Vick

Queen Of Poetry
07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Hot Corner: Vick's second chance with Nike is a good thing

Published: Saturday, July 02, 2011, 6:15 AM

By Chris Fuhrmeister al.com

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/9758733-large.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick rolls out against the Detroit Lions during the first half of their game in Detroit on Sunday, Sept. 19, 2010. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)
The news that Nike has signed controversial quarterback Michael Vick to a new endorsement deal will surely be met with dismay from many football fans and animal lovers. Those that object to the new partnership certainly have sound reasons. After all, Nike severed ties with Vick in 2007 after the then-Falcons QB admitted to his involvement in a brutal dogfighting ring.
Vick's actions were truly heinous, and every dollar he lost and every day he spent behind bars were well-deserved. Since being released from prison, Vick has been up front about his wrongdoing and spoken out against animal violence. Many suggest his words are not sincere and just a part of a public relations campaign to repair his image.
That may be true, but the message is still coming from an NFL star, and that means young, impressionable ears are listening. If Vick's words change one young mind about dogfighting, it should be considered a victory.
Vick's new deal gives him an even larger pulpit from which he can preach. Whether or not he's sincere, that's a good thing for animals and animal lovers alike.

I will never buy another pair of Nike again.....

netscape check two
07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I heard that they are coming out with Nike's made from dog skin

Jinxy
07-02-2011, 05:48 PM
The man did his time, we should all move on.

netscape check two
07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
More people seem to want to forget what he did just cause he had a good season.

llBARlllCODEll
07-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I heard that they are coming out with Nike's made from dog skin

lMFAO

i agree. its only cuz hes a star that people hate him so much. the man is in debt and he still has a family to feed at the end of the day. move on. i really think he deserves it. i honestly think hes a better person today because of gettin hemmed up. the man came back determined and learned how to be a QB instead of just a playmaker.

llBARlllCODEll
07-02-2011, 06:16 PM
and his whole demeanor when hes speakin to those kids looks genuine to me. when Plax got out tha lil speech he gave looked fake. i think he only did it cuz of Vick and hes tryin to get a job somewhere in the league. and cuz peolpe are tellin him thats what he has to do

netscape check two
07-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't dislike him more cause he's a star. I dislike him cause he's an idiot and didn't own up to what he did. And those deranged people who were wearing Vick jersey's during his trial and saying he was being treated unfairly are idiots too.

lol @ being in debt when you make millions of dollars a year. It's all on him that he's in debt cause he's stupid. Too many sports players with low IQ's.

llBARlllCODEll
07-02-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah but the debt came from the Falcons suing him. hes a smart dude. everybody makes mistakes. plus he grew up around that shit. sometimes stuff like that aint easy to get away from. like an addiction or sumpin.

netscape check two
07-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted to killing? lol That sounds like a serial killer to me.

llBARlllCODEll
07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
nah man. didnt mean it like that. the whole thing. the money. the notoriety. the whole underground operation of it.

with all that i've said...im not sayin what he did was okay but he did his time

Queen Of Poetry
07-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Nope. Can't do it. There r plenty of other players in the NFL who didn't kill dogs that can do the endorsement. Just cause someone did they time, doesn't mean doors should just open. If it was any of us, would our jobs still be there? Would we be getting praised for our "good" deeds? So just cause he's "Michael Vick" we just suppose to let it go? Nah never that.

Jinxy
07-03-2011, 10:23 PM
More people seem to want to forget what he did just cause he had a good season.

Maybe, but as someone who lives in a completely different part of the country and used to work at a slaughter house that killed and processed animals, I just don't think it's worth staying pissed about until the end of time. Yes, what he did was wrong and those animals didn't deserve it but there's a million other people in certain countries that will eat dog this evening. People act like he killed someone. I know America loves dogs but at some point in time, get over it.
He did something stupid, at least he didn't rape or kill someone. He didn't sell drugs to little kids or pick up and underage hooker. Shit, there are people all over this country tonight who will have dog fights, are people going to put up a fuss about it? Fuck no. Why? Because he's a celebrity. He's a football player, not a saint. Who cares? ...

Maybe instead of telling your dumb ass kids to look up to someone who gets millions of dollars to play a game for a living you could try giving them a different male role model to admire? Like maybe someone who actually does something of importance for a living?

Pro-athletes are just athletes. Musicians are just musicians. Too much idolizing bull shit professions. Might as well look up to hookers and party clowns while we're at it. All appeal to the most basist instincts of men, all are just whores.

Mic Tyson
07-04-2011, 05:51 AM
i like how its okay for donte stallworth to kill someone because of drunk driving and no one cares but a nigga fights dogs and hes the worst person on earth. im glad vick gettin his endorsement back, hopefully he spend his money better the 2nd time around.

ShaDynasty
07-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Dogs are stupid fuckin animals. We should get whatever entertainment we can out of the barking, tail chasing, toddler eating fucks. Nike can make a new line of casual shoes, Hush Puppies.

Queen Of Poetry
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
i like how its okay for donte stallworth to kill someone because of drunk driving and no one cares but a nigga fights dogs and hes the worst person on earth. im glad vick gettin his endorsement back, hopefully he spend his money better the 2nd time around.

I'm not excusing Donte either.....but the thread is about Vick. I don't think Donte should be in the NFL either. Shit for that matter get Big Ben out too, raping women and shit.

I simply stating my opinion....these NFL players do dumb shit.....Plaxico too and then the NFL just lets them back in like yeah u f'ed up but it's all good. I don't think it should be a "given" that these guys get to go back into the NFL.

Also Haynesworth......kicking dude in the head....the list goes on and on.

I just think that when someone goes to prison they shouldn't then receive millions of dollars and endorsements......others who haven't done these things should get these deals....just my opinion.

netscape check two
07-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Though that dude that Donte hit could have been hit by somebody that hadn't even been drinking. He ran right out into the street at night time.

netscape check two
07-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe, but as someone who lives in a completely different part of the country and used to work at a slaughter house that killed and processed animals, I just don't think it's worth staying pissed about until the end of time. Yes, what he did was wrong and those animals didn't deserve it but there's a million other people in certain countries that will eat dog this evening. People act like he killed someone. I know America loves dogs but at some point in time, get over it.
He did something stupid, at least he didn't rape or kill someone. He didn't sell drugs to little kids or pick up and underage hooker. Shit, there are people all over this country tonight who will have dog fights, are people going to put up a fuss about it? Fuck no. Why? Because he's a celebrity. He's a football player, not a saint. Who cares? ...

Maybe instead of telling your dumb ass kids to look up to someone who gets millions of dollars to play a game for a living you could try giving them a different male role model to admire? Like maybe someone who actually does something of importance for a living?

Pro-athletes are just athletes. Musicians are just musicians. Too much idolizing bull shit professions. Might as well look up to hookers and party clowns while we're at it. All appeal to the most basist instincts of men, all are just whores.

Leather face,
No offense, but you sound like a weirdo. And to work at a slaughter house, I can see why. Besides the abuse from the dog fighting, the dogs weren't put out of their misery quickly. They were tortured by all different means and killed slowly. Animal fighting rings are broken up all the time in the US. Most of them don't involve well known people, so I don't know what you're talking about. Vick was a bum even before the dog thing.

Queen Of Poetry
07-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Though that dude that Donte hit could have been hit by somebody that hadn't even been drinking. He ran right out into the street at night time.

I don't know......I didn't hear that. I know his dumb ass was drunk and driving and paid the family off....just my opinion